Founded by the Unison Group, DIT University (DITU), was established in the year 1998 with the name of Dehradun Institute of Technology. DIT got its status of State Private University in 2013 approved by the UGC and has successfully bagged NIRF 2020 Engineering Ranking, positioning itself in the League of Top Engineering Universities across India. The University is known for offering 51 unique under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral programs across 26 streams, which are being run by several departments.
DIT University is associated with the Association of Indian Universities and has earned recognition from reputable organizations, such as the Nepal Engineering Council, COA and PCI. Through its exceptional excellence in providing world-class education, DIT has become ISO 21001: 2018 Certified, while being awarded QS I∙GAUGE 'Diamond Rating' for its overall excellence and QS I∙GAUGE E-LEAD Certification for excellence in e-learning.
DIT University Admission 2021: Admissions are ongoing for all the courses at DIT University. Interested can apply online through the official website by paying an application fee of INR 1250. Successfully registered candidates will be eligible for the Counselling process.
With its more than 22 years of educational experience, DITU has developed healthy collaborations with ASSOCHAM, CII, FICCI, and Foreign Universities. Having a beautiful campus spread over 21 acres of land, DIT University has more than 270 core faculty members out of which 50% are PhD holders. At present, the campus has more than 5,300 bright students and has helped in shaping the career of its more than 17,000 alumni.
DIT University Dates
|GATE Exam Dates||05 Feb - 14 Feb, 2021|
|CAT Exam Date||29 Nov, 2020|
|XAT Registration Deadline||30 Nov, 2020|
|XAT Exam Date||03 Jan, 2021|
|Ph.D Admission Counselling||23 Jan, 2021|
DIT University Highlights
|Approved by||UGC, COA, PCI|
|Ranking||NIRF 2020 Engineering Ranking|
|Courses Offered||51 Unique UG, PG & Doctoral courses across 26 streams|
|Mode Application | Fees||Online | INR 1250|
|Educational Experience||More than 22 years|
|Total No. of Alumni||More than 17,000|
|Top Recruiters||Reliance, Infosys, BYJU’s, Cognizant, Wipro, Decathlon, Nestle, Samsung, Adobe, Amazon, etc.|
|Unique offerings||In-house coaching for CAT, GATE, UPSC, IES, DEFENCE, BANKING, in-house training and career development|
|Campus Area||21 acres|
|Certification||ISO 21001: 2018 Certified | QS IGAUGE E-LEAD Certification for Excellence in E-learning|
|Collaborations||ASSOCHAM, CII, FICCI, Foreign Universities, IBM, iMAGINxP, Oracle|
|Rating||QS I∙GAUGE 'DIAMOND' rating for overall excellence|
DIT University Ranking
- Ranked 129th in the league of Top Engineering Universities across India by NIRF 2020.
- Outlook Ranking 2020:
- Ranked 30th in the league of Outlook Top Private Engineering Colleges Ranking
- Ranked 13th in Architecture Category
- Ranked 14th across all India Private Universities and only University to be ranked in Uttarakhand by Jagran Josh RankOne 2020.
- Aspiring Minds National Employability Award 2020 - DIT University has been conferred “Amongst Top 10% Colleges in Uttarakhand that excelled in AMCAT for 7th consecutive year” by Aspiring Minds Review 2019.
- Ranked 22nd in “Ranking of Top Engineering Colleges of Eminence in India” & 21st in “Top Private Engineering Colleges in Uttarakhand State” by Competition Success Review 2019.
- DIT University Ranked 1st in “ Top Architecture Colleges of Excellence Category” in India & Ranked 3rd in “Top Architecture Colleges in Northern India” by GHRDC 2019.
- DIT University ranked 6th in “10 Most promising Architecture Colleges in India – 2019” by Silicon India Rankings 2019.
- DIT University Ranked 37 Amongst Top 140 Public & Private Engineering Institutions Offering Full Time 4 Years Programs by Times Engineering Institute Ranking Survey 2019.
- DIT University Ranked 26 Amongst & Top Private Engineering Institutions Offering Full Time 4 Years Programs by Times Engineering Institute Ranking Survey 2019.
- DIT University Ranked 50 For ‘Best Placements Records’ Amongst Top Private Engineering Institutions by Times Engineering Institute Ranking Survey 2019.
- DIT University Ranked 7 For ‘Top Institution In Northern India’ by Times Engineering Institute Ranking Survey 2019.
- DIT University has been conferred “Best Private Engineering College” by Uttarakhand Educator's Summit 2018.
- Ranked 35th in “All India Top Private Engineering Institute Rankings” by Times of India Engineering Survey 2018.
- Ranked DIT University as AAA+ amongst “Top Universities of India” by CAREERS 360.
- DIT University has been awarded “The Edu-Destination” award by Re-think India.
- DIT University has been conferred “Excellence in Education” by Competition Success Review 2018.
- DIT University has been ranked 52nd in “India’s Best Professional Colleges” by Outlook’s 2018 Survey.
- DIT University as “Most Promising Private Institute in India” under “Engineering Category” by Jagran Josh Rank One 2018.
- DIT University positioned as the 6th Best Architecture University in India by the Global Human Resource Development Centre (GHRDC).
- Awarded “Most Emerging Higher Education Institute of the Year” by Indian Education Congress 2017.
- Ranked 44th across the country for “India’s Top 100 Engineering Universities” by Jagran 2017.
- DIT University has been conferred “Excellence in Education” by Competition Success Review 2017.
- DIT University has been appreciated for having contributed immensely to the cause of “Edu-Tourism” in the city of Dehradun on “EU tourism Appreciation 2017” by Re-think India.
- Recognized as a “Valuable NEPTEL Local Chapter with a rating of A” for 2017 by NPTEL.
- Recognized “For Building Deep Skills in the Areas of Big Data, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security & Internet of Things” under the “IBM Career Education Program ” by IBM.
- Recognized “For Building Deep Skills in the Areas of Database Administration & Business Intelligence and Application Development” under the “Workforce Development Program ” by Oracle.
- Recognized “For Building Deep Skills in the Areas of User Experience Design (UX)” by ImaginXP.
DIT University Unique Offerings
DITU offers a plethora of scholarship opportunities to help students with their finances. Both continuing students and new admissions (freshers) are offered different scholarships by the university. The campus provides a resource center containing more than 1 lakh books, 3500 CDs and 5000 e-journals. Alongside, as its unique offering, DIT University provides in-house career development training and coaching for CAT/GATE/UPSC/IES/DEFENCE/BANKING & other government job aspiring students. DITU has an integrated course module that consists of 200 Hours for CAT students, 360 Hours for GATE students and also 350 Hours for other government jobs entrance exam through the Career Development Centre of the DIT University.
They conduct activities like various types of Aptitude Tests, Group Discussions, Mock Interviews, Bilingual Debates, Role Plays, Brain Teasers, Pep Talks, General & Tech. Quiz. Also, for better growth of the students, DIT University lays a major focus on its below centers-
- Centre for GATE/IES/CAT Coaching
- Centre for Higher studies – Study abroad – GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOFEL
- Centre for Combined Defence Services Examination /AFCAT/ Bank PO/ UPSC/ IB coaching
- Centre for Competitive Coding
DITU campus also provides separate hostels (both for boys and girls), medical facility, auditorium, sports facilities, ATM and health club.
DIT University Courses
DIT University offers 51 unique under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral programs across 26 streams like engineering & technology, pharmacy, architecture and design, management and science & humanities.
|Course||Duration (in years)||Eligibility for Conditional Admission Offer|
|B.Tech (CSE/ CSE - IBM Collaborative)||4 Years||Min 70% marks in X standard for students appearing in XII standard in 2020 with valid admit card of XII standard and he/she needs to score minimum 75% marks in XII standard|
|B.Tech (CE/ EE/ ECE/ ME/ PE)||4 Years||Min 60% marks in X Standard, for students appearing in XII standard with PCM in 2020 with valid admit card of XII standard|
|B.Arch||5 Years||Min 60% marks in X standard. PCM is mandatory in XII Standard. With Valid JEE BArch / NATA Score Card, with valid admit card of XII standard|
|B.Pharm||4 Years||10+2 with a min 55-60% with Science subjects.|
|BCA||3 Years||Min 60% marks in X standard for students appearing in XII standard in 2020 with a valid admit card of XII standard. XII standard with Maths as a mandatory subject.|
|B.Sc (Hons.)||3 Years||Min 60% marks in X standard for students appearing in XII standard with PCM/PCB in 2020 with a valid admit card of XII standard|
|B.A. (Hons.)||3 Years||Min 60% marks in X standard for students appearing in XII standard in 2020 with a valid admit card of XII standard|
|B.Design (UX/ Interior Design)||4 Years||Min 60% marks in X standard for students appearing in XII standard in 2020 with a valid admit card of XII standard|
|MBA||2 Years||Minimum 50% aggregate till the pre-final semester of Graduation. (All stream)|
|M.Design||2 Years||Minimum 50% aggregate till the pre-final semester of Graduation. (All stream)|
|M.Tech (CSE/ ME/ CAD-CAM/ EE with specialization in Power System/ CE with specialization in Structural Engineering/ CE with specialization in Construction Engineering & Management)||2 Years||Minimum 55% aggregate till the pre-final semester of B.Tech.|
|MCA||3 Years||Minimum 50% aggregate till pre-final semester of Graduation, with Maths in XII standard.|
|M.Pharm||2 Years||Minimum 55% aggregate till pre-final semester of B.Pharm.|
|Ph.D in (Civil Engineering, Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering 2019, Computer Science, Chemistry, English, Management, Maths, Pharmacy, Physics, Population Health Informatics 2019)||2 Years||
For Non-GATE / Non-SET / Non-SLET Candidates: Merit-based counseling on DUET'2020 followed by Personal Interview.
For GATE / SET / SLET Candidates: Based on Personal Interview
Also Check: DIT University Course and Fee Structure
DIT University Admission
Steps for Online Admission Counseling
- The candidate has to Register with DIT University, via the Registration Form, by clicking on the official website and needs to pay a Registration Fee of INR 1,250/-.
- Post announcement of results of the candidate’s respective board, he/she will need to update their qualifying marks on the DIT University Registration Form.
- The candidate needs to click on “Counseling Form” to upload their 10th and 12th mark-sheets for Undergraduate Programs, while 10th, 12th and graduation mark-sheets for Postgraduate Programs. Also, UK/Himalayan State Domicile certificate (if applicable) needs to be uploaded.
- In case the candidate is applying for PG Programs and has not yet received the final year results, he/she can also submit their previous year/semester mark-sheet.
- Post-updation of marks, the candidate needs to select their Preferred Program Option, basis which the seat will be allocated as per the schedule
- DIT University Admissions in various specializations like Engineering, languages, applied science, pharmacy, design, computer applications, humanities & social sciences, and Management is done through online mode.
Read More: DIT University Admissions
DIT University Placements
DIT University has a centralized placement cell to deliver the personality, attitude and skills for the students, besides the job placement. The Placement Cell has been continually achieving the best placement result every year with around 85%-90% of its students getting placed in top national and multinational organizations. DIT University has more than 250 prime recruiters which have been extremely satisfied to hire students.
The top recruiters of DITU are as follows:
Wipro, Adobe System, ByJu’s, Decathlon, Nestle, Samsung, Amazon, Genpact, IBM, Bajaj, Ashoka Leyland, Bank of America, Daffodil Software Ltd, Birla Soft, HCL Technologies, Infosys, NIIT Technologies, Syntel, TATA, DELL, Unisys Global Services, Cognizant Technology Solutions, Syscom Softech (P) Ltd., BOSCH, Genpact, L&T Infotech, Avon Hewitt, Eureka Forbes, Reckitt Benckiser, HDFC Bank, TCMS India, Keane India Ltd, Idea, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, TVS Motors, Kotak Mahindra and many more.
Read More DIT University Placements
DIT University Scholarships
DIT University offers various range of scholarships under various categories for dedicated students. DIT University always encourages scholarly aptitude and merit in Students. In order to facilitate Scholarships among Students towards their Academic excellence, the following Scholarships are awarded by the University to Meritorious students.
(A) - MERIT BASED SCHOLARSHIP POLICY
Merit Scholarship can be availed on the basis of XII standard percentage at the time of admission and the same is applicable to the Program Tuition fees.
(B) - UTTARAKHAND STATE SCHOLARSHIP POLICY
26% scholarship on Tuition fee shall be granted to permanent residents of Uttarakhand for whom 40% of seats are reserved throughout the program. For claiming the Uttarakhand State Scholarship, the student will be considered eligible ONLY if he/she is carrying a valid Domicile Certificate in Original at the time of reporting for Counselling/Admission.
(C) - SCHOLARSHIP ON THE BASIS OF PERFORMANCE IN SPORTS
The scholarship amount will be awarded as per the Sports Quota Scholarship policy which is applicable once at the time of admission on Tuition Fee only.
(D) - SHRI NAVEEN AGARWAL JI SCHOLARSHIP FOR GIRL STUDENTS
Scholarship of 10% of Tuition fees is applicable for Girl student in the first year for UG and Diploma programs subject to the following conditions:
- Student has scored 80% & above in X & XII Std. aggregate for UG programs and 80% in X Standard for Diploma programs.
- The scholarship percentage will remain the same for all categories of admissions.
- Scholarship to be continued from second-year provided the student obtains CGPA 8.5 and above every year, without any back paper.
(E) - SCHOLARSHIP FOR THE WARDS OF DEFENCE PERSONNEL
(INDIAN ARMY, INDIAN AIR FORCE, INDIAN NAVY, INDIAN COAST GUARDS & PARAMILITARY FORCES ONLY)
Scholarship of 5% of Tuition fees is applicable for wards of Defence personnel in the first year of the UG and Diploma programs. For claiming the scholarship, the student will be considered eligible ONLY if he/she is carrying a valid certificate/document as under in original at the time of reporting for Counselling/Admission.
Know More DIT University Scholarships
DIT University Facilities
When with DIT University, we proudly say that you do not need to go anywhere else. We ease our students’ lives and make them feel home through not alone the hygienic aura of our mesmerizing campus, but also providing the highest standards of food quality that tastes as soothing as their hometown. DIT University houses a multi-level food court, café and a full course restaurant on the campus that cater to domestic as well as international cuisines at affordable prices.
Alongside, as we enjoy nurturing our students entirely, we ensure taking care of their health through the best facilities. We have an on-campus Infirmary that provides convenient, comprehensive and confidential medical care to students. The Infirmary is run and managed under the guidance of qualified and experienced doctors of the prestigious Max Super Specialty Hospital, Dehradun. While a Lady Medical Officer is available on campus during the daytime, the Nursing Staff and Ambulance are available 24×7.
The campus of DIT Dehradun is one of the most versatile campuses with various activities and sports events conducted throughout the year. The students have access to various sports facilities such as basketball courts, badminton & tennis courts, football and a cricket field. Students can also benefit from professional coaching available inside the campus.
DIT University Academic Collaborations
DIT University is the one you wouldn’t find everywhere, for our type of exposure is unique in nature and progressive for the students. Through our academic collaborations with several international and national universities, we provide a holistic, interdisciplinary approach to teaching and research. This is certainly enabling our young minds to explore academic and research opportunities through a wider lens while helping them gain a world-class degree built around their interests and passions. Alongside this, our student and faculty exchange programs are proving to be an asset in expanding the growth opportunities for both, our learners and their mentors as well.
Here’s the list of the world’s best universities and institutes that are welcoming our students for exceptional career growth.
- University of Tuebingen, Germany
- Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- University of Missouri-Kansas City, USA
- Chang Gung University, Taiwan
- National Dong Hwa University, Taiwan
- Heritage Institute of Languages
- Portland State University, USA
- Eastern Washington University, USA
- Kansas State University, USA
- North Dakota State University, USA
- Unites States-India Educational Foundation
- C-DAC, Pune
- Embassy of France in India
- Electronics & ICT Academy, IIT Roorkee
- Council of Scientific Research-CSIR, New Delhi
- Chennai Institute of Technology
- Heritage Institute of Languages
DIT University FAQs
Ques. How is the placement record of DIT University?
Ans. More than 85% of students got placed in top companies. Placement highlights of DIT University is as follows:
|Company Name||Package Offered (INR)|
Ques. Is it compulsory to take the GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, or any other tests for admission to DIT University?
Ans. DIT University does not insist on the above scores. However, since the academic programs are taught in English only, proficiency in English is a must. One should have studied Higher Secondary in English medium or English should have been one of his/ her subjects.
Ques. How are the accommodation facilities at DIT University?
Ans. DIT University provides on-campus hostels for both boys and girls separately which have a capacity of accommodating around 1200 students each. While also having an open-air Amphitheater in the hostel with a capacity of more than 500 seats, DIT University organizes a wide variety of co-cultural activities to help students relish college life at their best.
Know More DIT University Hostel
Ques. What is the total fees of the B.Tech program at DIT University?
Ans. The total fees of the B.Tech program for All India Quota is INR 1,20,000 and for Uttarakhand/Himalayan State Quota (after 26% Scholarship on Tuition Fee) is INR 99,200.
Ques. How can I contact DIT University?
Ans. The candidates can contact by calling +91 135-7144000/ 4001/ 4032/ 4066 or mail at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org for general enquiry.
Ques. What is the cost of the registration form at DIT University?
Ques. Is direct admission available at DIT University?
Ques. Name the scholarships offered at DIT university ?
- Merit Based Scholarship Policy
- Uttarakhand State Scholarship Policy
- Scholarship On The Basis Of Performance In Sports
- Shri Naveen Agarwal Ji Scholarship For Girl Students
- Scholarship For The Wards Of Defence Personnel
Ques. How is the placement cell at DIT University ?
Ques. For which courses is DUET conducted by DIT University?
Ques. Is it possible to pay the DIT university registration fee through offline mode?
Ques. What is the eligibility criteria to apply for PhD admissions at DIT University?
Ques. How is a candidate selected for the MTech program at DIT University?
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for the UG courses at DIT university?
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of DIT counselling?
- Marksheets of previous qualifying exams
- Marksheets of entrance exam
- DOB certificate
- Caste certificate (if any)
- PWD certificate (if any)
- Transfer certificate (if any)
- Demand Draft of Rs 15,000 drawn in favour of DIT University, Dehradun
Ques. How to Apply for the DIT Counselling process for UG course?