Gangadhar Meher University was established in 1944 as Sambalpur College, the name of the institution was changed to Gangadhar Meher College in 1949 after the name of the illustrious Oriya poet. It was upgraded to a university in 2015, and has been renamed as Gangadhar Meher University.
On the basis of its academic reputation and its quality of institutional management and responsive administrative structure, the autonomy of this institution was extended by the UGC. Further, the institution was identified as the “College with potential for excellence (CPE)” by the UGC in the session 2004-05. The institution added another feather in its cap when it was accredited by the NAAC with an “A” grade in the session 2015-16 in recognition of its excellent performance.
The University offers courses under regular and Self-financing categories, that consists of courses for Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Research level for different disciplines of Science, Arts and Commerce. It also provides Professional courses for BBA, MCA, BCA, MBA, B,Ed and Computer science for providing a wider opportunity for the students.
Admission in all the courses is given on the merit. The selection in MBA (offline) will be done by the score obtained by the candidate in the OJEE entrance exam followed by OJEE counselling. For MBA in Financial Management, whose admission is through an online portal, the selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the career as well as marks in the entrance exam.
Gangadhar Meher University Highlight
|Name of the Institute||Gangadhar Meher University|
|Year of Establishment||1944|
|Approved by||University Grant Commission|
|Institute Type||Private/ self financed|
|Courses Available||Undergraduate courses
Post graduate courses
BBA and B.ed courses
|Basic Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance Based|
|Application Mode||Online as well as Offline|
|Campus Area||54 acres|
Gangadhar Meher University offers various different courses for majorly all the levels of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Research Level and other Professional Courses through different streams as:
- Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
- Computer Applications and IT
- Engineering and Architecture
- Management and Business Administration
|Bachelors of Arts Hons.( B.A)||Duration: 3 years
Specialization: Political Science, Economics, English, History, Odia, Education, Geography, Hindi, Sanskrit, Psychology, Mathematics, Philosophy, Statistics
Eligibility: Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of HSC. For General category Candidates, the minimum marks in 50% in the HSC and 45% marks for ST and SC candidates
|Bachelors of Commerce (B.Com)||Duration: 3 Years
Specialization: Accounting Hons., General
Eligibility: A pass at the 12th level in the commerce or arts stream from any recognised board in the country with a minimum 50% for general category and 45% for reserved category students
|Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) Self Finance||Duration: 3 Years
Eligibility: A pass at the 12th level in the commerce or science or arts stream from any recognised board in the country with a minimum 50% for general category and 45% for reserved category students
|Masters of Business Management (MBA)||Duration : 2 years
Specialization : Finance Management
Eligibility: Graduation in any stream with at least 50% marks in aggregate.
|Masters of Computer Application (MCA)||Duration : 3 years
Eligibility : Graduation with minimum 55% in relevant discipline from a recognised university.
|Masters of Commerce (M.Com)||Duration: 2 Years
Eligibility: candidates should have minimum 45% aggregate at the undergraduate level in the relevant subject from any recognised university in the country.
|Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)||Duration : 6 years
Specialization: Economics, Geography, Hindi, Odia, Political Science, Sanskrit, Commerce, Education, Chemistry, Zoology
Eligibility: Masters degree with 55% marks or equivalent in the relevant subject and UGC/CSIR/NET/SLET or endowed with UGC teacher Fellowship or Study Leave from the Government of Odisha, DHE qualified candidates are also eligible to apply
Check GMU Courses & Fees
- For UG courses, admission is given on the basis of merit of class 12
- For MA & M.Sc. Selection is done on the basis of Entrance test conducted by the University, along with the qualifying marks in the relevant discipline.
- The selection in MBA (offline) will be done by the score obtained by the candidate in OJEE entrance exam followed by OJEE counselling. For MBA in Financial Management, whose admission is through online portal, the selection will be done on the basis of marks obtained in the career as well as marks in the entrance exam.
- For Ph.D. admission is given on marks in entrance test, followed with personal interview or viva voice
How to Apply?
- Candidates need to fill the Online Application form and that will be available in www.gmuniversity.ac.in. For each program ( each Honours/core option) candidates are required to fill up the application form seperately.
- For making Application to each UG courses, the candidates has to pay the prescribed amount (INR 300 for under graduate courses/ INR 500 for Post graduate courses, M.Phil courses and Ph.D courses) through Bank Draft, drawn in favor of the " Comptroller of Finance, G.M. University, Sambalpur" payable at Sambalpur. The filled in online generated application form with bank draft has to be submitted by hand in the university counter or to be sent by Speed Post/Registered Post at : "The Registrar, G.M. University, AMRUTA VIHAR, FATAK, BADHARAJA SAMBALPUR, ODISHA- 768004"
- Documents required during the submission of hard copy of Application form :
- The downloaded hard copy of the online application form duly signed by the applicant and parents/guardian.
- Original Bank Draft towards application fee.
- Passport size coloured photograph
- Self-attested photocopy of certificates and mark sheet starting of 10th, 12th, graduation or post graduations and other relevant certificates as well.
- Migration Certificate/Transfer Certificate
- Caste certificate, if applicable.
- Admission to M.Phil and Ph.D programs will be made on the basis of entrance test ( MCQ), career assessment and interview.
- C.L.C & Conduct Certificate from the Institution last attended.
- Certificates/ Documents in support of UGC-NET/CSIR- NET/ Teacher Fellowship/ study leave application to DHE.
Read more: GMU Admission
The training and Placement Cell has been established to act as a facilitator for the students through providing career decision opportunities and places. This will help the students to develop their confidence and work experience to have a better earning in life.
The Placement Cell publicizes the information about the employment opportunities and arranges per-placements, discussions, interviews and other required things for the company and the students. They provide their all possible support to the students to have a well settled placement job according to the students capacity.
Check GMU Placement
Scholarships are provided to the meritorious students under government and state schemes. Also the scholarships for reserved categories like SC, ST, OBC, Disabled are provided from time to time by the college administration and management. Financial support is provided to the students who are from the economically weaker section of the society.
Read more: GMU Scholarships
Faculty members are well qualified and well versed with their subjects. They are helpful and provide proper guidance to the students who are there in terms getting a better understanding and a better opportunity for exploration and experience. Teaching pedagogy are updated and involves all the required skills and training that the student should be aware of at this contemporary world. Opportunities are provided to the students according to their skills and capability; along with it teachers are in continuous touch with the placement cell and counselling committee. So, they can help the student in better terms and on the correct time of need.
Click here GMU Faculty
Library: College has a Modern Library equipped with all the modern day facilities that the students requires for a better learning and understanding. It has accomodate a total collection of around 12,0000 books and many different journals/ Magazines/ Audio- Visual records for disabled students/ Cassettes and many other resources both for the students and faculty members of the University.
Hostels: College has separate accommodation facility for boys and girls with a mess that provides a good quality food with all the basic facilities of furniture, common rooms, sanitation etc.
Canteen facility is provided for the students to have home lile experience of food and environment. Members are appointed who regularly keeps a check on the quality and quantity of food that the students and other teaching and non teaching staffs are provided by the canteen staffs.
Transport: Transportation facility is also provided to the students to have safe journey to and from the college.
Wi-Fi: The campus has a Wi-Fi facility to provide a easy access to information to all the students and faculty.
Other facility includes Computer lab where the Computer systems are placed for different courses and different requirement. Students are allowed to acess the computer for their learning and understanding purposes. Students Counselling cell is also created for the students better understanding of mental and emotional requirement. The cell members take a care of these issues that can hamper the students goals and aim of life towards a better future. Sports and Games are always encored in the University towards a better physical fitness and wellbeing of the students.
Ques. Does the University have offiline application form?
Ques. What is the eligibility criterion for Integrated B.A+ B.Ed course?
Ques. What is the Pattern for Entrance Test of MBA Finance Management?
Ques. What is the minimum eligibility criterion for Examination?