International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Bhubaneswar, popularly known as IIIT Bhubaneswar. It was established in the year 2006 by the Govt. of Orissa with the commitment to provide and preserve knowledge to students to meet the real-life challenges of the country. The Institute offers multiple diplomas in engineering fields at undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral levels. Admissions to such programs are entirely based on the marks secured by the candidate in the National level entrance exams such as JEE Main and GATE. It promises to create technology leaders of tomorrow by grooming them and assuring them with 100% placement records.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Highlights
|Entrance Exam||JEE Main, GATE, and NET|
|Types of Programs | No. of Programs||UG, PG, PG Diploma, & Ph.D. | 20|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
IIIT Bhubaneswar Courses and Eligibility
IIIT Bhubaneswar offers B.Tech, M.Tech and Ph.D. degrees to the candidates in multiple specializations. The courses offered at the institute with their eligibility is briefed below:
Course 1: B.Tech - Bachelors of Technology
Duration - 4 Years
Specializations - Computer Science Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, and Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
Eligibility - Intermediate (10+2) with a minimum of 45% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
Course 2: PG Diploma in Data Science
Duration - 11 Months
Seat Intake - 60
Eligibility - B.Tech or B.E graduates from a recognized university.
Course 3: PG Diploma in Data Science (Working Executing Program)
Duration - 11 Months
Seat Intake - 60
Eligibility - Working executives with B.Tech or B.E graduate degree
Course 4: M.Tech - Masters of Technology
Duration - 2 Years
Specializations - Computer Science Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Electronic Engineering.
Eligibility - Bachelor’s degree with a minimum required marks in the relevant discipline.
Course 5: Ph.D.
Duration - 3 Years
Specializations - Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Tele Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Business Administration
Eligibility - Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% in the relevant courses.
Note: The candidates are requested to check IIIT Bhubaneswar Fees Structure before applying.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Admissions
Registration and Application Procedure
Candidates must apply for IIIT Bhubaneswar to take admission in their desired courses. To register for your desired courses, register online by following the subsequent steps:
Step 1: Visit the official website of the institute (https://www.iiit-bh.ac.in)
Step 2: Click on the ‘Admission’ link and select the course you want to apply for
Step 3: ‘Apply Now’ and register yourself with a valid contact number and email id
Step 4: Enter IIIT Bhubaneswar Login credentials and start filling the form with all the required details
Step 5: Upload the scanned documents and the required enclosures to the IIIT Bhubaneswar office.
Note: As the selection procedure is based on several entrance exams, candidates must register themselves for the concerned exam to appear for the same. The mode of registration is online, visit the official exam page and register. Types of Entrance Exam as per course is listed below:
1. JEE Main for B.Tech admissions
2. GATE for M.Tech and Ph.D. admissions
IIIT Bhubaneswar Reservations
- 50% of the seats in all the programs are reserved for Odhisha state students.
- The rest 50% is reserved for students from all over India.
- Candidates will be selected for the B.Tech program on the basis of marks in Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main) followed by the JoSAA (Joint seat allocation authority) counseling procedure.
- M.Tech Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks in the entrance test conducted by IIIT Bhubaneswar or GATE followed by the counseling procedure through CCMT
- PG Diploma in Data Science admissions are based on marks obtained in online screening test conducted by IIIT Bhubaneswar
- Selection of PG Diploma in Data Science for Executives is done on a first come first serve basis.
- Ph.D. applicants are admitted on an entrance exam basis - GATE/ NET or Written Test conducted by IIIT Bhubaneswar followed by Personal Interview.
Note: Successful candidates satisfying their eligibility with IIIT Bhubaneswar Cutoff can enroll their names after the counseling procedure.
Check: IIIT Bhubaneswar Admission
IIIT Bhubaneswar Scholarship
The Institute has Tuition Fee Waiver Schemes which offer financial relief to the needy students. The scholarship is offered to the Top three toppers through an Educational loan. In addition, state government and central government agencies have a larger number of schemes to provide the scholarship to students. The following list indicates scholarships/ financial assistance given to students as per courses:
- IIIT Bhubaneswar M.Tech CSE students are given scholarship from AICTE
- All the Odhissa domiciles (full-time students) get scholarships from the Institute
- Monthly stipend of more than INR 40,000.
Know more IIIT Bhubaneswar Scholarship
IIIT Bhubaneswar Placement
The Table represents the placement data.
|Company Name||No. of students placed||Salary offered (CTC)|
|CDK Global||5||6.5 Lacs|
Click here IIIT Bhubaneswar Placement
IIIT Bhubaneswar Ranking
IIIT Bhubaneswar was ranked 50th by EduRand in 2015.
IIIT Bhubaneswar Collaborations
- University of North Texas
- National University of Singapore