Acharya Nagarjuna University mostly known as ANU was inaugurated on 11th September 1976. It is located in the Namburu, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India. ANU offers several post-graduate courses in different fields and some under-graduate courses.
Started with 10 post graduate courses, university is now expanded to 39 academic departments providing degree, diploma and distance learning in various subjects.
The University has now completed 30 years and has 450 affiliated colleges. It strives to maintain high academic standards in consonance with quantitative increase in the number of students being enrolled every year. It has an eagle eye for teaching and research.
Acharya Nagarjuna University Overview
|Location||NH16, Nagarjuna Nagar, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh 522510|
|Type||Autonomous funded by UGC|
|Accreditation||UGC and NAAC accredited|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Diploma, Distance Learning|
|Ranking||Ranked between 151-200 by MHRD in 2018|
University offers only PG Courses. Although students seeking graduation programs can go to any affiliated colleges of the university and can get admitted. Courses offered by university are as follows along with their eligibility criteria:
|Master Of Science||B.Sc in relevant field from a recognized university or college|
|Master Of Arts||BA in relevant field with 50% aggregate marks from a recognized university or college.|
|Master of Commerce||B.Com graduate|
|Master of Education||B.Ed graduate|
|Master Of Physical Education||B.P.Ed Degree with minimum 55% marks form any recognized university or colleges.|
|PG Diploma Courses||Advanced Aquaculture Management||Science Graduates|
|Mahayana Buddhist Studies|
|Yoga for Human Excellence|
|Certificate Courses||Sustainable Aquaculture Management||Candidate should be a 10+2 passed out from any recognized board.|
Read about ANU Courses & Fee
Acharya Nagarjuna University Admission
Admission in Acharya Nagarjuna University is conducted by especially formed department, Directorate of Admissions.
Step 1: Forms are made available in the month of March either through Directorate of Admission or it is available at sales centre.
Step 2: Applications are only accepted after the candidate pays a certain amount as DD or Chellan. The candidates are given a month's time to fill the form and submit it to the directorate.
Step 3: After the submission of form it is scrutinized by the Directorate and details of the examination are sent to the eligible candidates.
Step 4: Entrance exam is conducted. It has 100 marks MCQs.
Step 5: ANUPGCET ranks are announced.
Step 6: Selected candidates are called for counselling.
Note: Admission of students in PG programs is done on the basis of rank scored in the entrance exam ANUPGCET.
Click here ANU Admission
ANU Centre For Distance Education
- ANUCDE is a pioneer in starting PG Science Courses, B.Sc. (M.P.C.), (B.Z.C.), (M.S.C.), (M.P.Ele.), (M.Ele.Cs.) and B.B.M under the distance mode.
- Enrollment in the course is either done through ANU Centre For Distance Education or through Study Centre of Student’s choice.
- Admission in distance program are done twice in a year. Once in the academic year Batch (June to July) and then in the calendar year (January-December).
- Entrance exams for admission are conducted twice in a year. Once in May and second in the month of December.
|UG Programs||PG Programs||Diploma Programs||Certificates Programs|
|Bachelor of Arts||Master Of Science||PGDBI||Diploma in Food Production|
|Bachelor Of Science||Master Of Arts||PGDBT||Certificate Course in HIV/Aids Counselling|
|Bachelor Of Commerce||Master Of Commerce||PGDHHM||Certificate Course in Hotel and Hospital Housekeeping|
|Bachelor Of Business Management||Master Of Business Administration||PGDBM||Life Skills Level - I|
|Bachelor Of Library Information Science||Master Of Computer Application||PGDMM||Life Skills Level - II|
|L.L.M||PGDHRM||Life Skills Level - III|
Also Check ANUCDE Courses
ANU Guntur Scholarship
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship For Minority Students
- Post Doctoral Fellowship to SC/ST Candidates
- Post Graduate Scholarships for Professional Courses for SC/ST Candidates
- Post Graduate Indira Gandhi Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holder
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC/ST Candidate