Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) was established in the year 2008 by the Government of Andhra Pradesh at Visakhapatnam through the DSNLU Act, 2008 to impart quality legal education. The University is recognized u/s 2(f) of UGC Act 1956 and the Bar Council of India. DSNLU is the 15th participating university in CLAT-2015. DSNLU endeavors to be a premier law school with state-of-the-art facilities to design and deliver legal education with an emphasis on clinical aspects to promote and provide world-class education, training, research consultancy, and services.
It is the only Law University in India which has signed MoUs with other National Law Universities:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna
DSNLU B.A, LL.B
The Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University offers 5 years integrated B.A, LL.B degree program in at undergraduate level.
- A candidate seeking admission in B.A., LL.B program must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board.
- The admission in the university is based on CLAT score.
For admission in DSNLU B.A., LL.B click here.
DSNLU LL.B, LL.M
The Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University offers an integrated degree program in LLB, LLM. The duration of this program is 4 years.
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized University where the age of the candidate should not exceed more than 25 years (General Category) on 1st July- 2018.
- For candidates belonging to SC / ST / Differently Abled Person, the candidate should not exceed 27 years of age on 1st July 2018.
- Admission in the institution is based on the screening test conducted by the university.
The Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University offers a Ph.D. program in both full time and part time modes to the interested candidates. The basic Eligibility for admission in the Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University Ph.D. program is given down below.
- Candidates seeking admission as full-time scholars in the DSNLU Ph.D. program must have an aggregate of 55% marks at the ML / LL. M. level.
- Bar / Bench & other officers/personnel concerned with the law or other subjects and law can also apply to do research in law.
The Post Graduate course in Alternative Dispute Resolution (PGDADR) program of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University is of 12 month time period. The classes in this diploma program are held only on Saturday and Sunday and hence program can be pursued by working professionals. The Eligibility for this program is
- The candidate seeking admission in PGDADR program of Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University must be a working Advocate or Company Secretary or Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountants.
- Engineers or Architects or Managers or Executives in Companies with a Bachelor’s Degree or Psychologists or Psychiatrists with a Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology also qualify for Admission in this program.
- Any other Graduate from a recognized University.
- The DSNLU students are sometimes engaged in making and then releasing a ‘Legal Bulletin’. It gives them a chance to voice their hidden talents.
- Intra moot court competition: - These activities are always on the air for this University. The students take part in these proceedings and thus it gives them a real experience.
- Quiz shows and quiz on laws are also organized so that the students can remain updated and thus it gives them a chance to compete.
- Students have been encouraged and inspired to take and participate in various projects, conferences, debates, and diction
- SCoOp(Society for Constitutional Order and Public Policy)
- STEAL(Society For Technology and Law)
- CoBA(Society for Corporate and Business Affairs)
- FoRMAT(Society for Moot Court and Advocacy)
- SoLiD(Society for Literature and Debate)
- SANCTUS( Society for Sports and Cultural Activities)
- CAPS(Career and Placement Society)
- Society for Public Relations and Image Making
- Legal Aid Cell
Library: Law case Information and case studies are available in softcopies of DVDs/CDs University library subscribes various online journals like manupatra, SCC and print edition of India Reporter.
Hostel: The Institution has well equipped with all the facilities.
Travel Concession: The students are given travel concession so that they can move and visit their native places. The concession is only provided for those who are visiting their home from this University.