Ques. How to apply at IIT Hyderabad for admission?
Interested candidates can apply online through IIT Hyderabad’s official website.
- Candidates need to select their preferred course and click on the link 'Click here to apply.'
- Register to login and then proceed to fill the form.
- Applicants need to fill or update the application details by clicking on appropriate arrows.
- Once the information is given ora updated in the appropriate form they need to click on either save/submit button so that the data will be stored in the system.
- Applicants need to pay the Application Fee through SBI-Collect.
|General/ OBC category (Men only)
|SC/ ST/ PWD category (Men only)
- Candidates need to submit the application by clicking on the 'Submit Application' button.
- After submission, applicants should take a printout of the application by clicking on the 'Print Application' button.
- An incomplete application will not be accepted.
- In any circumstances, the application fee is non-refundable.
Ques. What is a 3-year M.Tech at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. A 3-year M.Tech has exactly the same credit requirements as that of a 2-year M.Tech. In this, the students take a lesser number of credits per semester as compared to 2-year M.Tech while simultaneously working on a sponsored research Project.
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria to convert from MTech to Ph.D?
Ans. A student must have a minimum CGPA of 7.0 in their course work (usually first and second semesters for a 2-year M.Tech.) to convert directly from M.Tech. to Ph.D.
Ques. How are the hostel facilities at IITH?
IITH constitutes a fully residential campus and students are offered on-campus accommodation inside the permanent campus in Kandi and within walking distance from the academic zone. Bus facility is available at regular intervals in a day.
for the students to commute from the ODF hostel to the academic zone in Kandi.
Ques. Do I need to pay the total amount of the semester fee as shown in the offer letter?
Ans. No. one is not required to pay the hostel accommodation, mess charges, and medical facilities till the resumption of offline classes after the normalcy is restored. After the commencement of offline classes, the payment towards certain components such as Hostel Accommodation, Mess charges, etc. will be collected on a pro-rata basis.
Ques. What is written on the degree certificate under the IIT Hyderabad AI program?
Ans. Mode 1: Degree will read "Master Of Technology (By Course Work) in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning"
Mode 2: Degree will read "Master of Technology in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning"
Ques. What is the typical stipend if applied for an internship at IITH?
Ans. Typically INR 15000 for 10 weeks is paid to the students. If an intern stays only for 8 weeks, he/ she gets 12K; for 9 weeks, 13.5K. The candidate needs to pay separately for boarding and lodging. This stipend is paid subject to the availability of funds from sponsored projects, debt funds, etc.
Ques. I am an industry/ Govt. lab sponsored candidate. What extra documents do I need to produce for IIT Hyderabad admission/ registration?
Ans. In addition to the other Educational Certificates like Mark sheets, the candidate needs to produce the NOC from the organization. For government Lab / PSU sponsored candidates must submit a Sponsorship letter from the parent organization along with NOC.
Ques. Who are the top recruiters of IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. IITH is one of the famous IIT. Many companies visit the campus for the recruitment procedure. Some of the most famous recruiting companies are ORACLE, FLIPKART, OPPO, AMAZON, HSBC, INTEL, MICROSOFT, ADOBE, SALESFORCE, JAGUAR, etc.
Ques. How do I know the procedure for academic registration at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. On receiving the fee payment confirmation from the student, a roll number will be created, which will be communicated to the student by e-mail (which is as per IITH records). The roll number is needed for the academic registration in the AIMS (Academic Institute Management System) portal.
Ques. What is Financial Registration at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. Financial registration means payment of semester fees. It has to be done online through SBI collect mode.
Ques. How is Mtech mechanical in IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. IIT Hyderabad Mechanical department has 3 streams. Machine Design, Fluid and Thermal and Integrated Design and Manufacturing.
- Design Department: Faculties are very good and teams are working on very good research work. Placement is best i.e. around 17-18 LPA.
- Thermal: Faculties from this stream are among the top researchers in this country. In this stream also research work is very good. In the case of research work better compared to the other two streams. Placement is average i.e. 8-9 LPA.
- Manufacturing: Actually it is the manufacturing stream but there they have added a few design courses like FEM, CFD. Facilities in this stream are very egoistic. Research wise also not so bad. Placement is also average i.e. 7-8 LPA.
IIT Hyderabad is having to collaborate with Japanese universities. So, after MTech, if one is interested to do a Ph.D. in Japan, the students can apply for seats easily and Ph.D. in Japan is also a very good option. Overall IITH is a good option to choose for.
Ques. What is an "All course MTech" offered by IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. The all-course M.Tech program at IITH is a new credit-based program. GATE qualification is not a requirement for admission and the selected candidates will not be entitled to any fellowship. The minimum eligibility criteria for admission into the program is B.E/B.Tech in the relevant branch of engineering from a recognized university/institution with minimum first class. The fee is approx INR. 1,00,000.