Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH), despite established in 2008, the college has achieved 8th rank in India for Engineering as per the NIRF 2020 rankings. IIT Hyderabad is way better in terms of placements. In the first phase of IIT Hyderabad 2019-20 placements, students were able to receive the highest salary package up to INR 60.41 LPA whereas the average salary package remained at INR 22 LPA. The top-paying companies in the placement cycle were TSMC, Microsoft, Richtek, Denso, and D.E Shaw.
- IIT Hyderabad PhD admission application process is still on. The last date to apply for the same is November 11, 2020.
- IIT Hyderabad M.Tech admission is based on GATE exam scores. GATE 2020 exam was conducted between February 1 to February 9, 2020. The result for the same was declared on March 16, 2020. The online registration & fee payment and online choice filling started on May 13, 2020, and concluded on June 12, 2020. The counseling process by CCMT ended on August 19, 2020. Now the candidates can participate in the special round for the final admission. The deadline to submit the online applications to M.Tech. CSE 2020 special round of admission was extended till October 12, 2020. Now the portal has been closed.
- IIT Hyderabad M.Sc admissions are based on JAM exam scores. The admissions for the 2020 session are complete. Candidates can now apply for JAM 2021 from September 10, 2020, to October 15, 2020.
IIT Hyderabad Admission 2020
|JEE Main Registration 2021 (January session)||3rd week of October 2020|
|JEE Main Registration (Closes) (January session)||2nd week of November 2020|
|JEE Main 2021 Exam Dates||2nd week of January 2021|
|JEE Advanced 2020 exam date||September 27, 2020|
|Declaration of AAT results||October 11, 2020|
|Tentative Start of Seat Allocation Process||October 6, 2020|
|Tentative End of Seat Allocation Process||November 9, 2020|
|GATE 2020 result||March 16, 2020|
|CCMT 2020 online registration & fee payment and online choice filling||May 13, 2020, to June 12, 2020|
|GATE 2021 Registration window||September 11, 2020|
|Extended Last date to fill the Application form||October 8, 2020|
|Last Date for submitting the online application form with late fee||October 14, 2020|
|Issue of GATE Admit card||January 8, 2021|
|Exam date 2021||February 5-7 & February 12-14, 2021|
M.Tech in Data Science
|JAM 2021 application start date||September 10, 2020|
|JAM 2021 application last date||October 15, 2020|
IIT Hyderabad is the first Indian Institute to offer a full-fledged B.Tech program in Artificial Intelligence. IIT Hyderabad offers various programs such as B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Des, M.Des, MA. The flagship program of IIT Hyderabad is the B.Tech program specialized in Artificial Intelligence, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Engineering Science, Material Science, Metallurgical Engineering, Mathematics & Computing, and Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. Admission to the program is based on JEE Advanced exam scores and the counseling body for the same is JoSAA.
- IIT Hyderabad has approved intake of 910 UG seats, 181 PG seats, and 41 seats for (3-year PG courses).
- The total faculty members at IIT Hyderabad are 222 amongst which 98.19% hold Ph.D. degrees.
- IIT Hyderabad is well-connected to the railway station, airport, and bus station.
- There are currently about 2700 students enrolled in the college with 20% of the student population being female.
- Admission to IIT Hyderabad is based on the marks secured by the candidates in national levels entrance tests like JEE Advanced, GATE, and IIT JAM.
- Last year, the closing rank for JEE Advanced of B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering was 616, which is much higher in comparison to the 2018’s 777.
Check IIT Hyderabad Reviews
IIT Hyderabad Highlights
|Established | Type||2008 | Autonomous|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Popular Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech|
|Exam scores accepted||JEE Advanced, UCEED, IIT-JAM, GATE, NET, and CEED|
|Faculty to student ratio||1:14|
|How to reach||50 km away from Secundrabad railway station
64 km away from Rajiv Gandhi International airport
54 km away from Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station
|How is the weather||Warm, Humid, Unpredictable, not much in winters|
|Academic buildings||3 (9 buildings in progress)|
|Campus Area||576 acres|
|Facilities||Hairdressing Salon, Bakery, Medical dispensary, Gym, Apollo Pharmacy, ATM Machine, etc.|
Why IIT Hyderabad?
- IIT Hyderabad is one of the 2nd generation of IITs, started by the Government of India.
- The institute offers 9 B.Tech programs, 1 B.Des program, 16 M.Tech programs, 3 M.Sc programs, 1 M.A (DS) program, 1 M.Des program, and Ph.D. programs in all branches of Engineering, Science, Liberal Arts, and Design.
- IIT Hyderabad has successfully build tie-ups with the leading academic institutions in the past years.
- One of the examples of this is the recent collaboration of the institute with the Japenese Universities and Industries.
- The institute has a BTech program in Biomedical Engineering that has been introduced for the first time among the IIT system.
- Unlike all other IITs, IIT Hyderabad has Technology Incubator and Research Park where students are taught concepts such as Ideation, Prototype, and Commercialization.
IIT Hyderabad Ranking
- Ranked 601 – 800 globally by Times Higher Education University Ranking 2020
- Ranked 16th nationally by QS World University Rankings 2020
- Ranked 8th in Engineering category by NIRF 2019
- Ranked 22nd in the overall category by NIRF 2019 Rankings
- Ranked 51st overall by Outlook Ranking 2019
- Ranked 9th in Engineering category by SuccessCDs Ranking 2019
- Ranked 7th in Engineering by Jagranjosh Ranking 2019
- Ranked 2nd by EduVidya Ranking 2019
Check: IIT Hyderabad Ranking
IIT Hyderabad Courses
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad offers various specializations in B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Des, M.Des, and Ph.D. Tabulated below are the details of the courses:
|Course||Specialization||Eligibility||Tuition Fees (First Year)|
75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentiles in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards
For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
|Computer Science Engineering|
Candidate must have passed 10+2 board examination
|M.Tech||Computer Science Engineering||
4-year B.Tech../B.E. degree in any engineering discipline or an MSc/MS/MCA degree in CS/IT/Maths An excellent academic record. Candidates having professional qualifications recognized by AICTE, like AMIE, are also eligible to apply.
The candidate should have demonstrated an adequate background in computer science (Valid GATE score in CS/IT)
B.Sc degree in any relevant discipline
B.Des, BFA, or B.E. degree. CEED score and a minimum of 55% marks (50% marks in case of SC/ST)
Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST candidates)
Check: IIT Hyderabad Fees
IIT Hyderabad Admission
The candidates seeking admission in the Institute are required to fulfill the eligibility criteria as per the courses. They are required to fill an online application form available on the official website of the Institute. An application fee of INR 300 for General and OBC (INR 150 for SC/ ST/ PwD Category and Females) should be paid through SBI Collect.
The institute offers admission through merit scored in the national level entrance exams. Following is a list of qualifying exams for the above-mentioned courses:
|B. Tech||JEE Advanced||Read more|
|B. Design||CEED||Read more|
|M. Tech||GATE||Read more|
|M. Design||CEED||Read more|
|M. Sc||IIT JAM||Read more|
IIT Hyderabad Scholarships
The students of IIT Hyderabad are awarded various scholarships by the institute as well as from international institutions.
- MCM Scholarship:
-10% of the students are proposed for grant of awards
-The other economically backward students (whose family income is between INR 1 – 5 LPA) who avail 2/3rd remission of the tuition fee will be eligible for 1/3rd reimbursement of tuition fee per semester + pocket money of INR 1000 per month.
- Institute SC/ST Scholarship:
-Free messing and boarding (to the extent collected) and pocket money of INR 250 per month is being given
- Institute Free Studentship Scholarship:
-The other economically backward students (whose family income is between INR 1 lakh to INR 5 lakh per annum) who avail 2/3rd remission of the tuition fee will be eligible for 1/3rd reimbursement of tuition fee per semester
Check: IIT Hyderabad Scholarship
IIT Hyderabad Cutoff 2020
Tabulated below is the cut off of JEE Mains for B.Tech (Computer Science and Engineering):
|Specializations||IIT Hyderabad CSE Cut off (Opening Rank)||IIt Hyderabad CSE Cut off (Closing Rank)|
|Computer Science and Engineering||179||564|
|Materials Science and Metallurgical Engineering||5867||6773|
|Mathematics and Computing||601||876|
Check: IIT Hyderabad Cut off
IIT Hyderabad Placements
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad has recently completed its first phase of the 2019-20 placements, though the placements are still going on. A total of 291 offers were received for 479 registered students. Earlier in the 2018-19 placement cycle, 261 job offers from 252 companies all over the world. Highlights of IIT Hyderabad placements are as follows:
|Companies registered for placement||252|
|Highest salary offered||INR 60.41 LPA|
|IIT Hyderabad average package||INR 22 LPA|
|Top paying companies||TSMC, Microsoft, Richtek, Denso, and D.E Shaw|
The academic year 2018-19 saw 261 job offers from 252 companies all over the world. The highest offered CTC was INR 53.79 LPA and the average CTC was INR 16.74 LPA. These included 22 international offers. The highest paying companies that recruited from IIT Hyderabad were Mercari, Toyota Research Institute-Advanced Development, Works Application, and SMS Data Tech.
Summer Internship Programs are also organized every year where 3rd-year B.Tech students are given the chance to participate for a total of 8 weeks. Students are given research and industrial based opportunities in registered companies such as Amazon, Adobe, DE SHAW, Suzuki Japan, Philips, Goldman Sachs, AIESEC, and many more.
IIT Hyderabad Top recruiters:
159 Solutions, Amazon, Barclays, BDL, BeeHyv, BELCAN, Benz, BPCL, Bharti Airtel, Aakash Education, Aarvee Associates, Accenture, Accenture Japan, Accolite, Addverb, Aditya Birla, Adobe Systems, Aganitha Cognitive Solutions, Agility, Capgemini, C-DAC, C-Dot, Celigo India Private Limited, CeWiT, CodeNation, COGOPORT, etc.
Click here: IIT Hyderabad Placements
IIT Hyderabad 2019-20 Internship Highlights:
|International offers||14 (all from Japan)|
|Recruiters||Adobe, GE Digital, NTT-AT, Spiral Inc, AGC Asia Pacific, Great four systems, etc.|
IIT Hyderabad Faculty
Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad currently has a highly qualified faculty of 222 professors, assistant professors, and associate professors. 218 members of the faculty are Ph.D. holders in their respective disciplines and the remaining 4 are Masters of Design. Many faculty members are pursuing their own research with scholars working under them.
Most faculty members at IIT Hyderabad follow an open-door policy, which means that they are available to clear doubts and for consultation even outside of class hours.
Know more: IIT Hyderabad Faculty
IIT Hyderabad Campus
The campus of the Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad is spread across a massive 576 acres located in Kandi, Sangareddy. It is situated at NH65 and lies near the outer Ring Road. The following are the facilities offered by the institute to cater to the needs of the students:
- Labs: There are 105 laboratories available on the IIT Hyderabad campus that are used for teaching and research purposes. Every year, new state-of-the-art equipment is added to these labs.
- Hostel: Hostels for male and female students are available on campus. Every student that avails the hostel receives a single semi-furnished room which is designed with the radiant cooling technique. There is a mess facility available in the hostel.
- Transport: There is a transport service available for the faculty and students. There are buses that regularly travel from the college to the Lingampally railway station and back. The schedule for these buses can be found on the college website.
- Dining: There is a common dining hall available for students, faculty, and staff. The food served at the dining hall includes varieties of delicacies from North India and South India.
- Library: The library at IIT Hyderabad houses over 20,000 books as well as 10,000 periodicals. There is also a repository that has scholarly publications written by students and faculty members.
Check: IIT Hyderabad Hostel
IIT Hyderabad VS other IITs
|Institute||Highest CTC||Average CTC||NIRF Ranking 2020|
|IIT Hyderabad||INR 60.41 LPA||INR 22 LPA||17|
|IIT Indore||INR 50 LPA||INR 22.92 LPA||23|
|IIT Bhubaneswar||INR 43.3 LPA||INR 15.8 LPA||56|
|IIT Gandhinagar||INR 40 LPA||INR 8.92 LPA||35|
|IIT Mandi||INR 40 LPA||INR 13.5 LPA||67|
|IIT Patna||INR 38 LPA||INR 13.5 LPA||54|
|IIT Ropar||INR 17.45 LPA||INR 14.56 LPA||39|
Read More: IIIT Hyderabad
IIT Hyderabad Start-ups
In the 11 years of its life span, IIT Hyderabad has covered 14 start-ups in India in the sectors of Healthcare, Microelectronics, and Technology. Out of the 14 start-ups, 3 start-ups are currently working and 5 have received funds. On average, every year a batch of almost 200 students comes up with one good start-up at IIT Hyderabad. The two successful start-ups of IIT Hyderabad are:
- Lemon Flip Solutions Pvt. Ltd.: The company is working towards high performance of RFIC SoC solutions. The primary target of the start-up is military defense applications.
- SenseHealth Technologies Pvt. Ltd.: The team is working towards bringing several cardio-vascular related products to the market.
IIT Hyderabad FAQs
Ques. Which is better, IIT Hyderabad or IIT Indore?
Ans. There are many reasons for one to choose IIT Hyderabad over IIT Indore. Firstly, IIT Hyderabad is ranked (8th) above IIT Indore (13th) according to NIRF 2019. The college is showing an exponentially high growth rate as compared to the other IITs and other Engineering colleges in India. The campus is developing fast and new equipment is introduced to the labs every year. The placements are very good with the highest offered CTC reaching INR 1.2 crore per annum in 2018 and INR 53.79 LPA in 2019. There are hostel facilities available for boys and girls on a one-room per person basis. The faculty is highly qualified and helpful with 218 members being Ph.D. holders in their fields. There are over 100 labs for teaching and research purposes that can be accessed by both students and faculty members.
Ques. What are the specializations available in B.Tech at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. There are a total of 9 specializations available under the B.Tech course. These are Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Engineering Science (Virtual), Materials Science & Metallurgical Engineering, Mathematics & Computing and Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering. Students with over 75% marks in 12th board examinations are eligible for admission. The admissions are made according to the annual JEE Main rank achieved by the candidate.
Ques. How is the infrastructure at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. The IIT Hyderabad campus spreads across 576 acres of green land. The administrative and academic blocks are fully functional. The hostels are well planned, ventilated and follow German architecture. The hostel WiFi gives a high speed of 120 Mbps and there are LAN cables in every room so that students are well connected. There are a functional gym and sports grounds on the campus as well. Students can enjoy indoor games such as snooker, Indian and American pool, Foosball, Carrom, Dart Boards, Chess, etc.
Ques. How is the IIT Hyderabad Department of Design?
Ans. The department of design at IIT Hyderabad offers BDes, MDes, and Ph.D. in design. The department has a faculty strength of 8 members out of which there are 1 Professor and 7 Assistant Professors. The faculty members are helping and friendly. Admission at the department is based on the CEED exam score.
Ques. What is the expected IIT Hyderabad M.Tech Cut off?
Ans. The expected cut off for the M.Tech program at IIT Hyderabad for different categories is as follows:
|Economically Weaker section||432|
Ques. What are the important dates for 2020 admissions?
Ans. Important dates for the 2020 admissions at IIT Hyderabad are:
|Old UG, PG & Ph.D. students Registration||24 and 25 Aug 2020|
|New UG students Registration||Will be informed later|
|New M.Sc. Students Financial Registration (Fees Payment)||20th Aug 2020|
|New PG (M.Tech., M.Des., MA) Students Financial Registration (Fees Payment)||25th Aug 2020|
|Live orientation for new PG Course Registration (AIMS) - Link will be shared through mail||28th Aug 2020|
|New Ph.D. Students Financial Registration (Fees Payment)||14th to 25th Aug 2020|
|Live orientation for new Ph.D. Course Registration (AIMS)- Link will be shared through mail||29th Aug 2020|
|Last date of Financial Registration (Fees Payment) (UG on-roll / PG new & on-roll/ PhD new & on-roll students)||25th Aug 2020|
|Commencement of online classes (UG on-roll / PG new & on-roll/ PhD new & on-roll students)||01 Sep 2020|
|Commencement of classes for new UG (B Tech and B Des) Students||Will be informed later|
Ques. How to reach IIT Hyderabad via Metro?
Ans. Once you reach the Secunderabad-East Metro station which is about 600 meters from the Secunderabad Railway station:
- Take a ticket to Miyapur Station.
- Change the metros to reach Miyapur Station.
- Get down at Ameerpet Station.
- Board a metro towards Miyapur Station.
- Take a bus from Miyapur Bus-stop to Patancheru Bus Station.
- Take a bus to Sangareddy Town and you will find the signboard of IIT Hyderabad on the Right side.
Ques. What Japanese company visit IIT Hyderabad for an on-campus internship?
Ans. Companies that visit IIT Hyderabad for an On-campus internship are SMS Data Tech, NTT-AT, Suzuki Motor Corporation, Spiral, Sansan, DG Takano, Accenture Japan, Aisin, Fast retailing, Rakuten, Denso, Denso-Adit, Softbank, etc.
Ques. What is the fee structure for the international students at IIT Hyderabad?
Ans. The international students are divided into two categories, i.e. SAARC country students and Non-SAARC country students. SAARC countries include Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, The Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Given below is the fee structure in two categories:
|Particulars||SAARC Country students (1st year)||Non-SAARC country students (1st year)|
|Compulsory fee||INR 1,57,875||INR 3,07,875|
|Another compulsory fee (as per university fee circular)||INR 7875||INR 7875|
|Hostel & other charges||INR 25550||INR 25550|
|Refundable charges (to be paid by a scholar)||INR 10500||INR 10500|
|Non -Refundable charges (to be paid by a scholar)||INR 235845||INR 385845|
Ques. What documents do I need to produce for admission/ registration?
Ans. You are advised to upload in AIMS all Educational Certificates, Mark sheets, GATE/CSIR-JRF/UGC/DST Inspire award letter, Category Certificates, Medical fitness certificate, etc. Physical verification of certificates will take place only on the resumption of offline classes at IITH. Until then your admission is provisional.
Ques. Does IIT Hyderabad provide education loans to its students?
Ans. Yes, the institute provides education loans to its students through its on-campus SBI and Canara Bank branch.