Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad (JNTUH) is a well-known University with 291 affiliated colleges in the state of Telangana. The university offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Integrated, and Doctoral programs in various streams like Engineering, Technology, Science, Management, and Humanities & Social Science.
- The placement rate of the JNTUH is 93% with a minimum salary package of 3.36 LPA and a maximum salary package of up to 36 LPA.
- Sometimes, students also get dual or triple placement offers at the time of recruitment where they are free to choose among all the offers and select one that best suits them.
|Year of Establishment | Type of University||1972 | Public|
|Approved by||NAAC, NBA, UGC|
|Selection criteria||Entrance based|
|Accepted test scores||TS-EAMCET, NATA, TS-PGECET, TS-ICET, and GATE.|
|Popular courses||B.Tech and M.Tech|
|Location||Kukatpally, Hyderabad - 500 085, Telangana, India|
|How to Reach||5.1 Kms from Hitech City Railway Station, Hyderabad|
|Official website | Helpdesk||https://jntuh.ac.in/ | 23053434|
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Hyderabad (JNTUH) has been ranked many times by prominent bodies like National Institutional Ranking Framework, Week-Hansa, Outlook, and Edu-Rand, etc, The rankings are as follows:
- Ranked 63rd by the NIRF in 2017.
- Ranked 30th in All India Government Universities category by the Week-Hansa Research Survey 2017.
- Ranked 38th in All India Technical Universities category by the Week-Hansa Research Survey 2017.
- Ranked 8th in All India Level under Engineering stream by India Today-Nielsen Universities Ranking Survey 2017.
- Ranked 45th by The Week news magazine in 2016.
- Ranked 51st by the Edu-Rand in 2015.
- Ranked 18th by Outlook India in 2015.
JNTUH Global Collaboration
- School of Management Studies with Central Michigan University, USA
- School of Information Technology (SIT) with Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- JNTU College of Engineering, Hyderabad with Kansas State University, USA
- JNTU Hyderabad with Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University in Hyderabad (JNTUH) offers 21 undergraduate programs in B.Tech., 47 Postgraduate programs in M.Tech., M. Pharmacy, M.Sc., M.B.A. and M.C.A., Integrated 5-Year Dual Degree Masters Program in 10 disciplines with M.Tech./M.B.A./M.S. The University offers B.Tech. Degree program in 24 disciplines, B.Pharmacy, M.Tech. Degree program in 64 disciplines, M. Pharmacy in 11 disciplines, M.C.A., M.B.A, M.A.M, M.T.M, Pharma.D., and Pharma.D. (PB) programs in its affiliated colleges. In addition to this, M.S., M.Phil. and Ph.D. programs in various disciplines of Engineering, Technology, Science, Management and Humanities & Social Sciences are offered.
Here are some major programs of JNTUH with their accepted exam scores:
|M.Sc||Entrance Exam by University|
|M.Phill & PH.D.||Entrance Exam by University|
JNTUH Distance Education
In addition to the regular courses, the university also offers distance education programs at the PG level via The School of Continuing and Distance Education. The courses offered through distance learning includes MBA, MCA, M.Sc. (Chemistry) and various PG Diploma in Management.
Read More: JNTUH Fees Structure
The university gives admission to applicants on the basis of marks obtained by the applicant in the qualifying entrance exam. Entrance exams vary from course to course except for the PG Diploma courses. For PG Diploma course admission, the university conducts a one-hour entrance exam whereby the candidates need to answer 60 objective type questions. Candidates qualifying the examination get admission to the university.
How to apply?
- Application forms for all the courses are available on the university’s website and can be downloaded directly from the admission portal.
- Applicants must pay the application fee at the time of application. The application fee as per different courses is as follows:
- TS- EAMCET- INR 500
- ICET & TS PGECET- INR 1000
- Ph.D./ M.Phil- INR 200
Shortlisted candidates are called for counseling for the final selection. Applicants are supposed to present the following documents at the time of counseling:
- TS EAMCET Rank card/ hall ticket.
- Memorandum of Marks (Inter or it's equivalent).
- Proof of Date of Birth (SSC or its Equivalent Memo).
- Transfer Certificate ( T.C)
- Study Certificate from IV to Intermediate.
- Residence Certificate of father/mother for a period of 10 years.
- Aadhar Card
- Integrated Community Certificate,
- Income certificate of parents from
- Local status certificate
- Applicants claiming reservation under NCC/ Sports/ PH/ CAP/ Minorities shall bring the original certificates
Read More: JNTUH Admissions
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University Training & Placement Cell is a part of UIIC committed to providing all possible assistance to its top-ranked students and also to meet the needs of organizations. It is headed by a Professor designated as Training & Placement Officer in charge and assisted by Student Placement Coordinators. The cell organizes pre-placement talks, online tests, awareness programs on internship, and training classes for students to make them aware of the industry and helps them to groom and become industry-ready. The placements at JNTUH are a good part. Here are some stats from the previous years:
In 2018 placements, the placement rate for B.Tech, IDP, and M.Tech was 93.1%, 93.93%, and 90.74% respectively. The percentage increased for the B.Tech and IDP with a very small difference but went down for M.Tech and MCA placements. Here are some more highlights from the previous year placements:
|Maximum salary||INR 17 LPA||INR 36 LPA|
|Average salary||INR 9.5 LPA||INR 15 LPA|
|Minimum salary||INR 3.36 LPA||INR 3.36 LPA|
Despite an increase in the placement rate of JNTUH, the average and maximum LPA have come down with a very big difference. The minimum salary remained the same.
Various scholarships are offered by the Government as well as various trusts every year. The following are some of the scholarships offered:
- Fee Reimbursement (State Govt. Income) (BC, EBC, SC, ST, MW & Disabled Welfares) TS & A.P Govt.
- GATE Stipend (Central Govt. AICTE)
- CSSS (Central Govt. New Delhi) (Central Sector Scholarship based on I.P Merit-Board of Intermediate)
- Singareni collieries company limited (State Govt. Employees)
JNTUH Results are declared through the website. The official website is owned and managed by the University exclusively designed to announce the semester and annual results from time to time. Students studying in any of the colleges affiliated under JNTUH can check their results on the official website. Every year more than 1 lakh students appear for the university’s semester examinations. Therefore for a hassle-free result checking university has provided three servers so that students can easily download their results
Read More: JNTUH Results
Ques. When was JNTUH established?
Ques. Is JNTUH a good University?
Ques. What are the courses offered by JNTUH?
Ques. Does JNTUH offers Distance Learning?
Ques. How to get Admission in a B.Tech Degree in JNTUH?
Ques. What are the entrance examinations accepted by JNTU Hyderabad to provide admission?
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the B.Tech program offered by JNTU Hyderabad?
Ques. Does JNTU Hyderabad offer integrated programs?
Ques. What is the estimated fee to pursue an MCA Program of JNTU Hyderabad?
Ques. What are the documents required by candidates at the time of counselling or admission at JNTU Hyderabad?
Ques. What are the placement stats of JNTU Hyderabad?
Ques. What are the facilities offered at JNTU Hyderabad?