Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada is a public university. This university at the time of its establishment in 1946 was known as The College of Engineering, Vizagapatnam. JNTUK has three constituent colleges:
- University College of Engineering, Kakinada
- University College of Engineering, Vizianagaram
- University College of Engineering, Narasaraopet.
JNTUK Quick Updates:
February 22: I B.Tech II Sem (R13 R10) Supplementary Examinations Results are out now: Check Here
|Location||Kakinada, East Godavri District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Year of Establishment||1946|
|Campus Area||110 acres|
|Ranking||317 MHRD Ranking for Universities.|
|Application||Online and Offline|
Universities many offers like B.Tech, M.Tech, B.Pharma, M.Pharma, MBA, and MCA program. With UG and PG courses JNTUK also offers research program Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in various streams.
The university offers these courses from various specialized campuses such as:
- School of Management Studies
- School of Health Sciences and Research
- School of Pharmacy Life Sciences Research
- School of Renewable Energy & Environment
- School of Food Technology
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Soft Skills & Public Relations
Read about JNTUK Courses & Fee
JNTUK Admission Procedure
|B.Tech||Rank secured in EAMCET a test conducted by Telengana State Council of Higher Education. Or Three year diploma holders with engineering common test ranking.|
|M.Tech||Scores of GATE or PGECET\GPAT\ICET will be taken into consideration.|
|MBA||Scores of ICET will be taken into consideration.|
Click here JNTUK Admission
The university doesn’t provide any scholarship to the students. However, a portal JNTU World gives the list of scholarships given by the government and how can their students apply for it. Some of the scholarship programs mentioned are as follows:
- Minority Scholarship mostly known as MOMA Scholarship is one of the most popular scholarship programs around the country.
- This scholarship program is provided to the minority community students only. Every year 60000 minority group students benefit from this scholarship.
- An amount of 30000 is given to the students directly to their account i.e. direct benefit transfer (DBT).
Telangana E-Pass Scholarship
- Government provides post-matriculation scholarship to the students who are in need of it.
- For the scholarship student must be class X pass.
- Post matriculation studies includes ITI, Polytechnic, professional courses, graduate, and post-graduate courses, Ph.D.
- Candidates from backward Castes are eligible such as ST or SC with Annual Income Less than 2 Lakhs.
- Scholarship students have to maintain 75% of marks in each semester.
- Students for part time courses are not eligible for this position.
- Scholarships are not provided to the students joining training courses.
Also Check JNUTK Scholarships
University College of Engineering, Kakinada was ranked 317 among universities by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) in 2019.