Updated On - July 16th 2019
Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Kakinada (JNTU Kakinada) is a public university, in Kakinada, East Godavari district, north of the Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. JNTUK has 3 constituent colleges which are situated at Kakinada, Vijayanagaram, and Narasaraopet. In addition to it, JNTUK has several Affiliated Colleges which offer UG, PG and Ph.D. courses. It is one of the leading educational public universities in the country which focuses on engineering. JNTUK Admission is done through entrance exams such as AP EAMCET, APICET and GATE.
Click here JNTUK Cutoff
Year of Establishment
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh 533003
How to Reach
210 Kms from Kakinada Town Railway Station
62 Kms from a domestic airport which is at Visakhapatnam.
JNTUK Courses Offered
The university offers many courses such as B.Tech and M.Tech in various disciplines along with B.Pharma, M.Pharma, MBA, and MCA program. In addition to the UG and PG course, JNTUK also offers research program i.e. Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in multiple streams.
JNTUK Campus Schools
The university offers various UG, PG and Research programs through the following campus schools:
- School of Management Studies
- School of Health Sciences and Research
- School of Pharmacy Life Sciences Research
- School of Renewable Energy & Environment
- School of Food Technology
- School of Biotechnology
- School of Soft Skills & Public Relations
Check JNTUK Fee Structure
JNTUK B.Tech Admissions
JNTUK admissions to B.Tech program in several branches including Mechanical, Civil and Computer Science Engineering. Eligible candidates seeking admission must appear for AP EAMCET (Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test), conducted by JNTUK on behalf of APSCHE. In order to apply, students must download the application form and submit it along with the necessary enclosures.
Read more JNTUK B.Tech Admissions
JNTUK M.Tech, MBA and MCA Admissions
The university offers various PG programs such as M.Tech, MBA, M.Pharma and MCA through different entrance examinations. Selection for MCA and MBA courses is done through APICET scores whereas, in the case of the M.Tech program, GATE scores are considered to shortlist candidates for the personal interview round. Those seeking admission can download the concerned application form available at the official university website and submit it along with the processing fee.
Know more JNTUK M.Tech, MBA and MCA Admissions
The university follows the semester system for all its courses viz. Odd and Even semester. Semester examinations for different UG, PG, and Research programs are conducted in different months for an odd semester and even semesters. Results for the same are usually uploaded on the official website within several weeks from the examinations.
Candidates can check their final semester results through the official website of the university by following the below steps:
- Initially, students should log on to the official university website and click on the “Results” tab.
- A list of results will be displayed on the screen viz. Results for B.Arch. FIRST Semester Regular Examinations Feb. 2016.
- Once the candidate clicks the desired result link, he/she will be asked to enter the hall ticket number. Upon clicking the “Search” button, the candidate’s individual result will be displayed on the screen.
- Student can save and take a print out of the result for future correspondence.
Also, Check JNTUK Results
- Hostel- the College provides hostel accommodation for 400 boys and 300 girls.
- Library – It contains 12 numbers of journals, there is also a book-bank with more than 3000. These books are procured from the funds provided by the Social Welfare Department.
- Auditorium – It is located in an area of about 500 sq. meters. attached to an open-air theatre for conducting gathering of 500 people.