Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University(PSTU) or Telugu University was established in the year 1985 through an Act of Legislation with headquarters at Hyderabad and campuses at Sri Sailam and Rajahmundry. Later in the year 1989, the Siddhendra Kalakshetram at Kuchipudi merged with the University. This University was renamed as Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University in 1998.
- The University Grants Commission has recognized the University as fit to receive financial grants since 1990
- The university has recently acquired 100 acres of land for the construction of new campus at Bachupally in Hyderabad
Campuses and Schools:
There are 8 Schools with 18 Departments, 3 centers spread over Five Campuses.
Lalitha Kala Thoranam, Hyderabad
School of Language Development
School of Fine Arts
School of Social and other Sciences
Nannaya Pranganam, Rajahmundry
School of Literature
Palkuriki Somanatha Pranganam, Sri Sailam
School of History, Culture and Archaeology
Sri Siddhendra Yogi Pranganam, Kuchipudi
Sri Siddhendra Yogi Kala Pitham
Pothana Pranganam, Warangal
School of Folk and Tribal Lore
- About 55000 books in the Telugu language
- 43000 books in English
- 5000 books in other languages
This University has a museum of fine arts in the campus. The museum contains three galleries.
- The first gallery contains 52 oil paintings that tell different stories of history
- The second gallery is about contemporary arts where 124 canvases are hanged which are made by famous painting personalities
- Gallery three is filled with 220 portraits that tell about the Telugu Luminaries