Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupathi was founded in the year 1961 by the Ministry of Education, Government of India. The institute is run by Kendriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Tirupati Society, which is an autonomous organization formed by the Govt. of India. The primary intention behind establishing this institution was to preserve the traditional Sanskrit language and promote its learning by integrating it with the modern research techniques.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Highlights
Year of establishment
NAAC at A grade level (CGPA 3.70 on a 4-point scale)
Collection of more than 5,000 manuscripts and over 60,000 precious collections of volumes in addition to rare publications like journals, magazines etc.
How to reach
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha, Tirupati - 517 507, Andhra Pradesh, India
- About 4 km from Tirupathi Railway Station and A.P.S.R.T.C. Bus Stand
- Approachable through Reservoir Road or Balaji Colony
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Courses
Evening and part-time Courses
(Eq. to +2/intermediate)
Visishtacharya (M.Phil.) in various Sastras
Siksha Sastri (Eq. to B.Ed.)
PG Diploma Courses in:
- Yoga Vijnan
- Natural Language Processing
Sastri (Eq. to B.A.)
M.A. in Sanskrit - Sabdabodha Systems & Language Technology
Visishtacharya (M.Phil.) in Education
Siksha Acharya (Eq. to M.Ed.)
- Temple Culture
- Sanskrit & Law
- Management with oriental orientation
Sastri Vedabhashya (Eq. to B.A.)
P.G.Diploma in Yoga Therapy and Stress Management
Vidyavaridhi (Doctor of Philosophy) Regular and Part-Time
Certificate Courses in:
- Temple Culture
- Pourohitya (6 months/1year)
M.Sc. in Computer Science & Language Technology
Vidya Vachaspati (D.Litt.)
- DTP in Indian Languages
- Vastu Sastra
- Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma courses in Translation Techniques and Creative writing in Sanskrit and Regional languages
P.G.Diploma in Comparative Aesthetics (Sahitya) in Global Perspective
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha DDE Courses
In addition to the above-mentioned courses, the institute offers various distance learning programmes as well, which is taken care of by the Directorate of Distance Education (DDE).
Under DDE System
- Prak-Sastri (Pre-Degree Course/+2)
- Sastri (B.A)
- B.A. (Sanskrit)
- Acharya (M.A.)
1. Sahitya, 2. Jyotisha (Phalita)
Under the Open University System
- Certificate course in Sanskrit (6 months)
- Diploma Course in Sanskrit (1 year)
- P.G.Diploma in Yoga Vijnan (1 year)
- Acharya (M.A.) OUS (2 Years - Year-wise scheme)
See Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Admission 2019
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Scholarships
No. of Scholarships
Merit-based ( of marks obtained in the qualifying exam)
For each sastra at Sastri level
For each sastra at Acharya level
Furthermore, the institute offers Swami Sivananda Memorial Scholarship for meritorious students of Acharya course.
Note: The duration for all the above-mentioned scholarships is 10 months.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Placements
The institute takes initiatives for creating lucrative job opportunities to its students and also provides almost 100% placement.
Read: College placement reviews
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Facilities
- Hostel facility (Boys: 5, Girls: 2; accommodating around 1100 students)
- Accommodation for parents during the campus visit
- Well-equipped library with 85,000 printed books and 5,500 titles of paper and palm leaf manuscripts
- A big playground (6 acres) with Volley Ball court, Football court etc.
- Sansk-Net Lab and E-Studio: provide old shastras and rare manuscripts of Sanskrit and recordings
- Indoor stadium
- Yogavijnana Centre
Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeetha Activities
- Implementation of Official Language policy of the Union.
- Implementation of the Annual programme.
- Publication of Annual Report and Account Report of the Vidyapeetha in Hindi.
- Conducting and Co-Ordinating Hindi Language, Typewriting and Computer classes to the employees of the Vidyapeetha with the help of Hindi Teaching Scheme.
- Conducting Five day's Hindi workshop for the employees of the Vidyapeetha.
- Conducting Hindi day/Hindi fortnight Celebrations.
- Providing Hindi translation and typewriting facility to implement official language policy in the Vidyapeetha.