Sri Venkateswara University (SVU), Tirupati was set-up in 1954. The University is ranked at 2nd spot in Andhra Pradesh by NIRF in the year 2020. It is accredited by NAAC with “A+” Grade. University is offering UG, PG, and Ph.D. courses under disciplines of Engineering & Technology, Arts, Science, and Commerce. Admissions are offered strictly based on entrance or qualifying examination.
For UG level, it offers courses such as B.tech, B.Pharm, and B.Ed and PG level courses like M.tech, MA,M.Sc, MBA, Integrated M.tech are offered. The mode of application for the course is online. The University placement has recorded the highest pay of highest INR 6 LPA in 2020 for Technical courses. Over 60% of students got placed and Corporates like Cognizant, Dell, IBM, and Wipro, etc have visited Sri Venkateswara University campus for the placement.
SVU, Tirupati Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1954 | Public|
|Approved by||AICTE, Pharmacy Council of India, NCTE, Bar Council of India, and South Eastern Regional Office (SERO)|
|Popular Courses||B. Tech., BA, MA, and B.Pharma.|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-Based and Entrance-based|
|Top Recruiters||Cognizant, Dell, IBM, and Wipro, etc.|
|Campus Area||1000 acres|
|Facilities Available||Auditorium, Gymnasium, Seminar Hall, Labs, and Sports, etc.|
SVU, Tirupati Ranking
Sri Venkateswara University is ranked among Top universities in Andhra Pradesh as well as in India. Here is the list of some ranking:
SVU, Tirupati Courses
Students can choose over 72 courses in Science, Commerce, and Humanities, Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, and many more. as tabulated in the following table:
|B. Tech.||Eligibility: 10+2 examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects scoring a minimum of 45% marks.
Duration: 4 years
|B.Pharma.||Eligibility: 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects obtained at least 45% marks
Duration: 4 years
|MBA||Eligibility: A candidate should be a Graduate holder with at least 50% marks.
Duration: 2 years
|M.Sc.||Eligibility: 10+2 in PCM/PCB and with at least 50% marks in graduation.
Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: Graduate in equivalent examination with minimum of 45% (UR/OBC) and 40% (ST/SC)
|M.Com||Eligibility: Graduate in equivalent examination with minimum of 45% (UR/OBC) and 40% (ST/SC)
Duration: 2 years
Read More SVU Tirupati Courses and Fees
SVU, Tirupati Admission
Directorate of Admissions (DOA) administers the admissions into all PG courses and Research programs. It conducts SVUCET for admission into MA, M.Com., M.Sc., and MS Courses offered by the University and affiliated Colleges of Sri Venkateswara University.
The candidates seeking admission in the B.Tech. program need to go through an entrance test, known as EAMCET. RECET examination conducted by the DOA. All the application processes are conducted online.
How to Apply?
- To access the online application form, the candidates need to visit http://www.svudoa.in/.
- Both regular and distance mode courses applications are available here.
- Fill the application form with all the mandated details.
- Register for the entrance exam and score well.
- Seat allotment in courses will be done on marks obtained in the entrance examination.
- Seat allotment for reserved category will be done as per the ordinance of the University.
- The admission of the applicant will be confirmed only on the fulfilment of minimum educational eligibility criteria and submission of semester/yearly fees.
- During the confirmation of admission, the applicant shall submit original documents while at Counselling.
SVU, Tirupati Placements
The Placement Cell of Sri Venkateswara University stays in contact with 50+ good companies. More than 60% of students of the university are being placed according to their academic results.
As per NIRF Report of 2020, 157 B.tech graduates got placement with median placement package of 6.0 LPA among total 234 graduates. Here is a list of companies visited for different courses offered by the University in the below table.
|MCA||Accenture, Infosys, Wipro, TCS, Cognizant, Capgemini, IBM, American Express, HCL, HP|
|Management||Wipro, P&G, IFBI, Birla sun life, HCL Technology, Reliance Money,|
|Pharmacy||Hind pharmaceutical, Aristo Pharmaceuticals, Lupin Ltd,|
|Engineering||Cognizant, DELL, IBM, WIPRO|
|Median Placement Package in B.tech||6 LPA|
Read More SVU Tirupati Placement
SVU, Tirupati Facilities
University is spread over 1000 acres of land; the organization provides numerous facilities to all departments. A portion of the facilities aided are as per the following:
- Wi-Fi Campus- The whole university campus is Wi-Fi empowered with a fast web association that permits scholars to access fast internet service.
- Hostel- Accommodation facilities have been made available to the boys, girls, and the guests with each hostel for them.
- Central Library- The Library contains wide varieties of books for all branches in the University. There are more than 6000 books, Magazines and Newspapers, Previous year question papers, Books for general information and current affairs stacked in the focal library of the university.
Read More SVU Tirupati Hostel
SVU, Tirupati Scholarships
The following scholarships are offered by Tirupati university for UG and PG students:
- Welfare scholarships: This scholarship includes Sate social welfare scholarships for ERP and BC category students as per merit coum income basis. ST and SC scholarships offered by government of India and for ex-servicemen wards scholarships.
- Merit scholarships: This category includes State merit scholarships, National Merit scholarships, Special State merit scholars and National Science Talent Search scheme scholarships.
SVU Tirupati FAQs
Ques. What about the Foreign language course at SVU Tirupati?
Ques. Are study halls available at SVU Tirupati?
Ques. Does SVU Tirupati provide any transportation facilities?
Ques. Is there any entrance test conducted for admission into the MBA course at SVU Tirupati?
Ques. Is Hostel available at the SVU Tirupati for outstation applicants?
Ques. What are the job prospects for the SVU Tirupati students after pursuing the Arts degree?