Telangana University, established in the year 2006, is a state university located in Nizamabad, Telangana. TU is the first among the newly formed Universities in the state to launch Ph.D. programs in a total of 13 disciplines. The University ranks at 3rd position after Osmania University and Kakatiya University. It offers twenty-seven courses at the Integrated and Postgraduate level while thirteen specializations in the Ph.D. program at the Doctorate level. Admission into these courses is done on the basis of TUCET or OU Common Entrance Test (OUCET).
Check Telangana University Admission
Telangana University Highlights
Telangana University Courses
Mentioned below are the courses offered by the university under various specializations:
|Masters in Arts (M.A.)||English||2-years|
|Masters in Science (M.Sc)||Biotechnology||2-years|
Check Telangana University Fees Structure
Telangana University Admissions
The university offers various UG and PG courses every year. Admission into these courses is made on the basis of state-level entrance examination namely TUCET/OUCET.
Eligibility: Passed senior secondary examination/ higher secondary certificate examination with at least 40% marks.
Selection Criteria: Admission will be provided on the basis of merit-scored in the qualifying exam.
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline with at least 40% marks.
Selection Procedure: Candidates will be chosen on the basis of merit scored in OUCET for MA, MSW, M.Com and M.Sc. The score of TSICET will be considered for admission in MBA and MCA program.
Following are the reserved categories as decided by the University:
- 85% of the available seats are reserved in favor of the local candidates from the districts of Nizamabad and Adilabad.
- Remaining 15% of seats can be filled by the unreserved categories or non-locals for Andhra Pradesh.
Apart from this, other categories for reservation includes 15% for SC, 6% for ST, 29% for BC, 3% for PH candidates, 0.5% for sports, 2% for children of armed personnel.
Telangana University Facilities
- Hostel: Hostel accommodation is provided to all the students with adequate facilities.
- Laboratory: The college has well-equipped laboratories with all the necessary apparatus and instruments. A Computer laboratory with six systems is an additional attractive feature of this campus.
- Central Library: The library has a good collection of textbooks, the latest reference books, and collected volumes. Books on other subjects such as Computers and General English are also available. Library subscribes to scientific journals and also various other periodicals and Magazines useful in updating knowledge as supporting knowledge materials.