Yogi Vemana University namely YVU came into existence on March 9, 2006. The university is located 15 km away from Kadapa city. The university is committed to nourish and uphold healthy educational standards which provide to the social, intellectual and ethical development of the students. It provides Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs such as B.Com, B.Sc., MA, BFA and more. Yogi Vemana University admissions in Postgraduate programs are done on the basis of merit in YVUCET and for Ph.D. the eligibility criteria vary from specialization to specialization.
Yogi Vemana University Highlights
Yogi Vemana University Courses
The University is known for providing quality education to all the students through both full time and distance studying options in different colleges affiliated to the university. Stream-wise name of the major courses with eligibility is briefed below:
Course 1: BA - Bachelors of Arts
Duration – 3 Years
Specialization – Communication & Journalism, Economics, English, History & Archaeology, Political Science & Public Administration, and Telugu.
Eligibility – Intermediate (10+2) in any discipline from a recognized board.
Course 2: B.Sc. - Bachelors of Science
Duration – 3 Years
Specialization – Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Environmental Sciences, Genetics & Genomics, Geology & Geoinformatics, Material science & Nanotechnology, Microbiology, Physics, Physical Education & Sports Sciences, Psychology, and Zoology
Eligibility – Intermediate (10+2) in Science discipline from a recognized board.
Course 3: M.Sc. - Masters of Science
Duration – 2 Years
Specialization – Applied Mathematics, Biochemistry, Botany, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Genetics & Genomics, Geology & Geoinformatics, Microbiology, Physics, Physical Education & Sports Sciences, Psychology, and Zoology
Eligibility – B.Sc. graduates in concerned subjects from a recognized university
Course 4: MBA - Masters in Business Administration
Duration – 2 Years
Specialization – Human Resource Management
Eligibility – Graduate in any discipline with a minimum of 50% in total aggregate
Note: The University offers many postgraduate diploma courses along with the degree and certification programs. Along with this, the university also provides LAW courses under the colleges affiliated to the university which are given below:
Yogi Vemana University Admissions
The Candidates seeking admission in YVU must register themselves for their desired courses. The mode of registration for UG and PG is online and Ph.D. aspirants can apply through offline mode. The application forms for UG and PG are available on the website. Ph.D. aspirants can avail of the form from the concerned departments. The selection procedure of the candidates is based on their marks obtained in YVUCET, conducted by the university itself.
Yogi Vemana University Common Entrance Test is the university level examination for admission in several courses by the University itself. The exam is conducted in the first week of June 2019 in the offline mode. YUCET 2019 Application Form
is released on March 23, 2019. Interested candidates can apply by paying the fee of INR 500.
heck: Yogi Vemana University Admissions
The facilities that a University upholds for its students are vital in terms of its safe and comfortable surroundings will put the students in a proper frame of mind to study. All this is taken care of by the Yogi Vemana University, and the following facilities are made available by them-
- TheYogi Vemana University has separate provisions for hostels for both their male and female students.
- There are single accommodation, double accommodation, and dormitory accommodation facilities in each of the hostel buildings.
- The hostels are connected to the university canteen namely “Oasis”, and are partially sponsored and are controlled by a contractor. The canteen provides the students with a wide range of choices concerning snacks, espresso, tea, cool beverages, breakfast and also lunch.
The library is a vital part of any university and at Yogi Vemana University it is characterized in the following manner:
- Books: 34039, Current Journals: 36, Magazines: 14, CD's: 146, Back Volumes of Journals: 82, Theses: 05, Project Reports: 71, Newspapers: 13
- Another library namely the C.P. Brown Library is also established in the University Campus.
- Medicinal availability and first aid services for some crisis cases are accommodated for both the staff and all the students.
- The Health Centre gives outpatient medicine both in the morning and during the evening or at any time during the night.
- The administrations of a Medical Officer and Para Medical Personnel are used for the treatment of the staff, faculty, and students.
- The crisis cases are dealt with and transferred inside of 20 minutes to the Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) that is in Kadapa for better medicinal care by the University’s own ambulance.
- The University has a separate department of Sports and Physical Education
- The department offers an extensive variety of games administrations for both the students and the staff.
- The university has created an up to date fitness focus with 16 stations multi- recreation center and additionally built some grounds for distinctive games and exercises.
The students at the Yogi Vemana University are very much encouraged to practice Extra-Curricular activities. A separate association of students has been formed who put up a cultural program every year concerning these activities and showcase their talent in the form of performances, exhibitions, and competitions. These may include-
- Photography exhibitions
- Display of artwork and paintings
- Musical concerts
- Dance performances
- Performance by the drama club, etc.