North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) was established in 1986. It provides with the best of educational facilities and also infrastructural facilities. The University is very much on a roll since its inception. It has not looked backed since its establishment. NERIST provides the students with the best of knowledge and learning in the field of science and technology.
- It is located at Nirjuli, Itanagar, in the state of Arunachal Pradesh.
- NERIST has been approved by the AICTE and was founded in 1983 by Govt. Of India.
- It was started by the Indian Government for offering a system of Education that can create technical manpower at varied levels so that development can take place.
- From the 1st of April, 1994, the NERIST had been funded and assisted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi.
- NERIST boasts of the fact that its foundation rock was laid by late Giani Zail Singh, the erstwhile Indian President on the 4th of March, 1984
- NERIST is a deemed University under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- AICTE has approved the NERIST
No. of Eligible Students opted for placements
No. of Students Placed
Hostels: 9 hostels blocks are there on the campus that accommodates almost 1250 number of boys and some 200 girls.
- The campus being residential provides for accommodation capacity for around 75% of the employees.
- 7 Hostel for Boys & 2 for Girls
Central library: The Central library is very well equipped and provides for all the facilities. There is a huge collection of books, journals and magazine for the students so that they can gather more and more knowledge.
- There are above 54,901 books. It is really a huge number. From this number one can gauge the intensity and level of educational facilities that NERIST provides for the students and the faculty members also.
- There are 136 periodicals that have been subscribed.
- NERIST being an associate of the Indian Liquid Crystal Society, Bangalore and the celebrated Kaziranga wild life society of Assam, it provides with various important information service and also literature.
Sports activities – The students are getting the full opportunity to play various indoor as well outdoor games.
- There is a football playground, cricket ground and also athletics tracks.
- Students can play chess, carom and participate in arm wrestling and other varied types of games.
- Lawn tennis, basketball, badminton can also be played by the interested students.
- Shristi: An annual techno-management festival