North Eastern Regional Institute of Science and Technology (NERIST) was established in 1986. It provides with the best educational facilities and also infrastructural facilities. The University is very much on a roll since its inception. It has not looked back since its establishment. NERIST provides the students with the best of knowledge and learning in the field of science and technology. The entrance examination is conducted by the Northeastern regional institute of Science and Technology for admissions to various B.Tech programmes, offered by NERIST.
NERIST Entrance Examination
NERIST admission is based on the entrance exam conducted by its own. To get the admission in the institute, the NERIST entrance examination is conducted for admission in different modules of study in the institute. The three different examinations known as NEE-I, NEE-II and NEE-III, are conducted every year to admit students in different modules which is Base(Certificate), Diploma and Degree modules of Technology and forestry stream.
NERIST Key Points
- It is located at Nirjuli, Itanagar, in the state of Arunachal Pradesh
- NERIST has been approved by the AICTE and was founded in 1983 by Govt. of India
- It was started by the Indian Government for offering a system of Education that can create technical manpower at varied levels so that development can take place
- From the 1st of April, 1994, the NERIST had been funded and assisted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi
- NERIST boasts of the fact that its foundation rock was laid by late Giani Zail Singh, the erstwhile Indian President on the 4th of March, 1984
- NERIST is a deemed University under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India
- AICTE has approved the NERIST
The NERIST Institute provides various UG, PG, Diploma in science and Technology courses under the programmes given below:
M.Sc (in Forestry): Candidate must have done 4 years of Bachelor in Forestry with a CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale or 60% marks in aggregate. 5% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/PWD category.
M.Sc. (in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics): Candidate should have done B.Sc in Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics with 55% marks in aggregate(pass course) and 50% marks in major/honours subject.
M.Tech.: Candidate must have done B.Tech. or equivalent degree with a CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale or 60% marks relaxation will be given to SC/ST/PWD category candidates. Candidate applying without GATE score will also be considered, subject to availability of seats.
MBA: Candidate should have Bachelor degree in any discipline approved by All India University, with 55% marks in aggregate and 50% for SC/ST category.
PhD: Candidate must having Master’s Degree in Engineering and technology with 60% marks in aggregate or CGPA 6.5 on 10 point scale and 55% marks in aggregate in Science/ Humanities for General category. The admission to the PhD programme will be based on the basis of their performance in the written test and/or interview. Applicants who wish to pursue PhD while in employment/ service need to submit NOC from their employer along with the application form.
Diploma: Candidate applying for diploma, their maximum age limits as on 31st July 2018 are 40 years for GE (born on or after 1st August 1978), 43 years for OBC and female applicants (born on or after 1 August 1975) and 45 years for ST/SC/PD (born on or after 1st August 1973)
To know more click on NERIST courses and fee structure
NERIST scholarships for different departments are based on the eligibility and as per institute norms which are given below:
- Candidates who qualified GATE admitted to the AICTE approved courses are eligible for Scholarship/ Stipend as per the AICTE norms and shall be required to apply to the AICTE portal.
- NERIST scholarship schemes are also to the students under NSP
- There is a provision of limited scholarship for the PhD (Full time) scholar as per institute norms.
- Scholars with a PG qualification in Science/Humanities/Management must have valid GATE/NET/SLET score for the award of MHRD fellowship.
Hostels 9 hostels blocks are there on the campus that accommodates almost 1250 number of boys and some 200 girls
- The campus being residential provides for accommodation capacity for around 75% of the employees
- 7 Hostel for Boys & 2 for Girls
Central library The Central library is very well equipped and provides for all the facilities. There is a huge collection of books, journals, and magazine for the students so that they can gather more and more knowledge
- There are above 54,901 books. It is really a huge number. From this number one can gauge the intensity and level of educational facilities that NERIST provides for the students and the faculty members also
- There are 136 periodicals that have been subscribed
- NERIST being an associate of the Indian Liquid Crystal Society, Bangalore and the celebrated Kaziranga wildlife society of Assam, it provides with various important information service and also literature
Sports activities The students are getting the full opportunity to play various indoor as well as outdoor games
- There is a football playground, cricket ground and also athletics tracks
- Students can play chess, carom and participate in arm wrestling and other varied types of games
- Lawn tennis, basketball, badminton can also be played by the interested students
- Shristi: An annual techno-management festival