Rajiv Gandhi University (RGU), Itanagar was established in the year of 1984 in the state of Arunachal Pradesh. RJU was formerly known as Arunachal University. The University is located at top Rono Hills and campus is spread in 302 acres in land. It is 6.5 km away from the National Highway 52-A and 25 km away from Itanagar, the State capital. The campus is linked with the National Highway by a Dikrong bridge. In the year of 2007, the university converted into a central university as per the notification of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
- It is recognized by the University Grant Commission
- There are fifteen colleges affiliated to the University
Affiliated Institutes and Centres
There are many institutes and centres which comes under RJU Itanagar. Following is the list of institutes given below:
- Centre for excellence in Biodiversity
- Institute of Distance Education
- Centre for Development Studies
- BioInformatics Centre
- Women Studies and Research Centre
- NET Coaching Centre
RGU Itanagar Courses
RGU Itanagar provides various courses under different programmes. It offers Graduation, Post graduation, PhD, Diploma in many courses. Some of them with their eligibilities are given below:
10+2 with Math/Statistics as a compulsory subject or 3 years diploma in Technology or engineering.
Applicants with M.A./M.Sc./M.Com/B.A./B.Sc./B.Com./B.Tech (with Mathematics)/ BE (with Mathematics) degree (10+2+3) from RGU Itanagar or any other recognized university with 50% marks in graduation is eligible for admission.
Applicants with graduation degree under 10+2+3 pattern from RGU or UGC recognized university. Applicant must have minimum 45% marks in Major/Honours or 50% in Pass course in the concerned discipline or as one of the elective subjects.
[Candidates holding the degree in Social Science or Science can apply for the courses of Mass Communication, Sociology and Anthropology.
MBA, M.Sc., MCA
The candidate required to give entrance test RGUCET
Applicants with B.Ed. degree from RGU or any other UGC recognized university with minimum 55% marks is eligible to apply for the course.
M.Tech.(CS and Engineering)
Candidate must require B.Tech or B.E or M.Sc in CS/IT or MCA from a recognized institution.
M.Tech (Electronics and Communication Engineering)
Candidate must require B.Tech or Electronics Engineering or M.Sc. in Electronics or IETE or AMIETE graduate.
To know more click on RGU Itanagar fees structure
- The Library has about 54,519 volumes of books
- It subscribes 12 Foreign, 66 national Journals, 14 Newspapers, 15 popular magazines and 5,587 e-Journals.
- The university has 6 hostels for boys and girls
- Total accommodation of 491 students
- University has indoor games facility like Badminton court, table tennis and carom etc.
- Outdoor games facility like basketball, volleyball, cricket and football etc.