Tezpur University is a Central University located in Tezpur in the North-Eastern state of Assam, India by an act in Parliament of India in 1994. It is a non-affiliating and residential Central University. The University has a variety of UG, PG, Ph.D., Diploma and Certificate courses in various departments in many disciplines and their specializations. The academic programs offered in the University have a distinct focus on science, technology, and humanities, reflecting the objective of the University. Tezpur University Admissions to all courses is based on an entrance exam which is conducted by the university itself. The university also accepts JEE Main for B.Tech admission, CAT / MAT for MBA admission and GATE for M.Tech admission.
Click here Tezpur University Cutoff
Tezpur University Highlights
NAAC ‘A’ Grade accredited
Napaam, Sonitpur Tezpur - 784028 Assam, India
Tezpur University Courses
At present, the University offers Doctor of Philosophy programme in 18 disciplines, Masters programme in 21 disciplines, Post-Graduate Diploma in 3 disciplines, B. Tech. in 6 disciplines, a Certificate programme in 3 discipline, Integrated M. Sc. programme in 4 disciplines, Integrated B.A – B. Ed. Programme in 1 discipline, Integrated M. A. in 1 discipline, Integrated B. Sc. B. Ed. Programme in 3 disciplines, Integrated M. Com., Diploma and Advanced Diploma Programme in 1 discipline each.
Check Tezpur University Fee Structure
Tezpur University Admission
Tezpur University Engineering – B.Tech
The university offers B.Tech (Bachelor of Technology) in 6 different specializations i.e. Civil Engineering, Computer Science and Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Food Engineering and Technology, and Mechanical Engineering. The duration of B.Tech program is 4 years. For admission to B.Tech program, applicants have to qualify JEE Main. The university will shortlist candidates on the basis of their rank obtained in JEE Main.
Tezpur University Engineering – M.Tech
Master of Technology is a postgraduate program. The duration of the M.Tech program is 2 years. The minimum eligibility to apply for this program is graduation degree in relevant discipline.
Admission to M.Tech program at Tezpur University is done through GATE. Shortlisted candidates on the basis of their marks will be called for interview round. Qualified candidates in the Personal Interview round will be considered for admission.
Tezpur University MBA Admission
The university provides 2 years MBA program in Management Sciences. To be eligible for admission to the MBA program, students have graduation degree with required marks. The selection is done through CAT / MAT score and Interview round. Listed candidates on the basis of their marks are considered for interview round.
Tezpur University Admission Procedure
- Tezpur University Admission is done through online mode only. The application form is available on the official website of the university, students are required to visit the website and submit their applications.
- The university offers various courses at an undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level in multiple disciplines. It also provides certificate and diploma courses.
- As per eligibility for UG courses, applicants should have passed class 12 with minimum 50% marks from a relevant stream.
- Candidates having a graduation degree in relevant discipline with minimum required marks are eligible to apply for PG courses.
- Admission to all courses is done through an entrance test followed by a personal interview round. Final selection is based on the overall performance of the candidate.
- Except for B.Tech, M.Tech and MBA programs, the university conducts its own entrance exam for admission to all courses.
Tezpur University Scholarships
A limited number of scholarships are offered to Tezpur University students by various Government/semi-Government organizations such as:
1. Institutional fellowship for meritorious Ph.D. students.
2. UGC Merit Scholarship for SC/ST students pursuing PG level professional courses.
3. PG Indira Gandhi Scholarship for single Girlchild.
4. UGC Merit scholarship for University rank holders.
5. Ishan Uday scholarship for the students (from the NE States) of UG courses.
6. Inspire Scholarship
7. Post Matric Scholarship for SC, ST and OBC students under different schemes of the Govt.
8. Merit-cum-Means Based scholarship for professional and Technical courses (from Ministry of Minority Affairs).
9. Post Matric Scholarship from the Director of Welfare of Tea and Ex-tea garden.
10. AICTE scholarship for the GATE qualified students of M. Tech.
11. DBT scholarship.
12. NEC scholarship from Director of Technical Education.
13. Post Matric Scholarship for students belonging to Minority communities.
14. A Scholarship for differently-abled students from National Handicapped Finance and Development Corporation.
Tezpur University Placements
Tezpur University has a uniquely channeled Training & Placement Cell that is designed to work according to the well-being of the interested students in placements. The cell facilitates appropriate utilization of its infrastructure or resources for the companies during the campus placement sessions. Before placing students in front of the authorized company personals, the cell gives many seminars and workshops as practice material for the students to confirm the maximum output of the Tezpur University Placements. Some of the prominent recruiters of the university are Nestle, Airtel, IBM, Tech Mahindra, Amul, Amazon, Asian Paints, Capgemini, Coffee Day, Dabur, HDFC Bank and many more.
Also, Check Tezpur University Placement
Tezpur University Facilities
The University offers a Central Library with a rapidly increasing collection of books, periodicals, and journals. The Central Library holds 53390 books, 5084 back volumes, active subscription to 169 print journals, 778 e-resources, and 3 online Databases.
The University has separate hostels for boys and girls adequate to accommodate all students and research scholars. In total there are 7 women’s and 5 men’s hostels comprising of more than 3300 capacity.
The University has a Health Centre to provide basic medical services with its own medical and paramedical staff. The Health Centre is manned by three full-time highly qualified physicians. Besides, specialist doctors like radiologist, gynecologist, and psychologist regularly visit the University on a weekly basis. The students are also provided with the benefit of a health insurance scheme. The newly admitted student will be covered by the insurance from 25 August 2014.