Updated On - September 18th 2019 by PRATYASHA
Aryabhatta Knowledge University is a State University located in the capital city of Patna in the Bihar state. It was established in 2010 through the Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act 2008. The University offers various courses in Technical, Medical, and Management field. The admissions to these courses are entirely done on the basis of merit scored in the entrance test conducted by the university or state-level engineering test.
Check AKU Patna Admissions
AKU Patna Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Accepted Entrance Exam||BCECE, NEET, PRT|
|How to Reach||450 m from Mithapur Bus Stand to AKU|
AKU Courses and Admission
Mentioned below is the list of courses offered by the University at various levels:
|UG Courses||PG Courses||Diploma Courses||Ph.D. Programs|
|B.Tech||M.Tech||Forensic Science||Electrical Engineering|
|B.Pharm||MD/MS||Nutrition||Computer Science Engg./Information Technology|
|BUMS||M.Sc||Radiation Medicine||General Surgery|
|B.Ed||Master’s in Retail Management||Public Health||Education|
|BCA||Master’s in Marketing & Sales Management||Mobile Communication||Chemistry|
Check AKU Courses and Fee
- B.Tech – Admission to the B.Tech program is on the basis of marks acquired by the candidate in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from a recognized board. Selection of the program will be made through BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination).
- MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS – Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. Selection of these courses will be through NEET (National Entrance Test) conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education).
- M.Tech – B.Tech degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized University/Institute. Final selection will be made after the University conducts an Entrance test for the candidates.
- B.Ed./ M.Ed. – Admission to B.Ed. the course will be on the basis of marks obtained by the candidate in B.Ed. Joint Entrance Exam. Candidates applying for M.Ed. the course must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Education. For admission to M.Ed. course the candidate needs to appear for an Entrance exam conducted by the University.
- MD/ MS and M.Ch – Admission to these medical courses is based on marks acquired by the candidate in NEET PG exam.
- M.Sc. and MBA – Admission to these courses is based on the marks of the candidates in their previous qualifying exam. Candidates applying for the MBA course have to appear for the Entrance test conducted by the University followed by a Personal Interview and Group Discussion round.
AKU Ph.D. Admission
The University offers a Ph.D. course in various specializations at the Major level. Candidates applying for the Ph.D. course must hold a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline. Selected candidates have to appear for PRT (Pre-PhD Registration Test) conducted by the University. Shortlisted candidates are invited on the basis of their marks for a personal interview round. Final list that is made is based on the performance of the candidate in the Entrance Test, Interview and marks obtained in their previous qualifying exam.
Aryabhatta Knowledge University Scholarships
- Max Weber Foundation for Young Scientists/Female in the Humanities
- Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme
- Dr. Manmohan Singh Scholarships 2012
- SJTU Scholarship
- UWA India Scholarships
- INSPIRE scholarship
- Malaysia International Scholarship (MIS)
- Non-NET fellowship for M.phil/Ph.D. students