Bihar Agricultural University Quick Updates 2020
May 23: BAU Bhagalpur invites online application for Master and PhD Program. Check Here
Bihar Agricultural University, Sabour, is a State University located in Sabour Bhagalpur, Bihar. It was established in the year 2010 under the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The university is recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 22 of the UGC Act, 1956. Bihar Agricultural University has six colleges (5 Agriculture and 1 Horticulture). It also has 12 research stations spread in 3 agro-ecological zones of Bihar. The University offers a variety of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple disciplines of Agriculture and Horticulture.
Check Bihar Agricultural University Admission Process
Bihar Agricultural University Highlights
Type of University
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
Separate hostels for girls and boys
Univeristy Based Exam, ICAR
Sabour Bhagalpur - 813210 Bihar, India
Bihar Agricultural University Courses & Admission
Under Bihar Agricultural University Admission 2020, the university offers an undergraduate course in two disciplines with a duration of 4 years or 8 semesters, namely B.Sc. in Agriculture and Horticulture while at postgraduate level, it provides 2 years or 4 semesters carrying M.Sc. Agriculture course. The university also provides a Ph.D. program with a duration of 3 years.
- Candidates for admission to both B.Sc. Program of the university shall be selected through BCECE (Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination) conducted each year by the Govt. of Bihar for 85% of the seat. For the rest 15% seats, selection would be made by All India Entrance Examination conducted by ICAR. The candidate should have done 10+2 or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Agriculture/ Math from a recognized board.
- Admission for M.Sc. Agriculture is done on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the university itself for 85% of the total seats. Rest 15% of seats are fulfilled via the ICAR qualified candidates. The same course is only for the Bihar domiciled students.
- For Ph.D. Program admission, M.Sc. (Agriculture) is needed as the last qualification with OGPA 7.0. Admission to the research course is done on the university-based entrance test on 75% of the total seats while 25% of seats are filled on the national level ICAR exam.
Know more Bihar Agriculture University Courses and Fees
Bihar Agriculture University Colleges
The university provides its unique educational programs in agriculture and horticulture sciences through the following listed colleges:
- Bihar Agricultural College, Sabour
- Bhola Paswan Shastri Agriculture College, Purnea
- Mandan Bharti Agricultural College, Agwanpur
- Nalanda College of Horticulture, Noorsarai
- Dr. Kalam Agricultural College, Kishanganj
- VKS College of Agriculture, Dumraon
Bihar Agricultural University Research Stations
- Regional Research Station, Agwanpur (Saharsa)
- Regional Research Sub-Station, Jalalgarh (Purnea)
- Jute Research Station (Katihar)
- Irrigation Research Sub-Station (Araria)
- Irrigation Research Station (Madhepura)
Agro-Climatic Zone-III A
- Regional Research Station (Bhagalpur)
- Regional Research Sub-Station (Munger)
- Fine Rice Research Sub-station- Tilondha, Banka
Agro-Climatic Zone-III B
- Agricultural Research Institute- Patna
- Fine Rice Research Station- Bikramganj
- Rice Research Sub Station- Dhangain- Rohtas
- Livestock Research Station- Patna
Bihar Agricultural University Collaborations
- International Rice Research Institute
- International Crop Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT)
- Evonik Industries AG &Mehar Agencies Pvt. Ltd.
- CIMMYT India
- Sinochem India Company Pvt. Ltd.
Why Join Bihar Agricultural University?
- Bihar Agricultural University has a well-equipped library with a huge collection of books making a number of 45,000 books including volumes of journals. The library also consists of e-journals, CD/ DVD, magazines, newspaper, etc.
- The university provides a separate hostel facility for boys and girls. The hostels are fully residential with all facilities.
- The Recruitment Cell at the university works for the training and placement related programs for the well-being of the interested students.
- Sports provisions for both indoor and outdoor games are available within the curriculum of the university.
- There is a Computer lab with all modern and updated systems having wi-fi and LAN enabled setups.
- The research labs are provided for the practical mode of learning methodology for the students.
- Apart from all, An auditorium with a good range of accommodation of spectators is available. A Cafeteria with all hygienic and delicious food items is present within the premises of the university.