The Indian Institute of Technology, Patna is the new establishment in the IIT system. The Institute was established on 6th of August in the year 2008 by the Act of Parliament as an Institute of National Importance. It is one of eight new IITs established by Ministry of Human Resource and Development, GOI. The campus of the institution is situated in the Patliputra Colony, Patna. The institute has collaborated with various foreign universities such as Louisiana University, New South Wales University in Australia. The Institute offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate and research-level Doctoral Programs in Engineering and Science. Selection is based on National Level entrance exams like JEE Advanced, GATE or IIT JAM.
Click here IIT Patna Cutoff
IIT Patna Highlights
UGC and AICTE
How to Reach
Distance from Bihta Railway Station – 2Km
IIT Patna Courses and Admission
IIT Patna provides B.Tech under five specializations at the undergraduate level, M.Tech., M.Sc., at post-graduation level, and Ph.D. in three disciplines. IIT Patna admission is done through given entrance exams:
- B.Tech. Selection is done through JEE Advanced
- For M.Tech. Admission is based on GATE
- M.Sc. Admission is based on IIT JAM
Check IIT Patna Courses and Fee
IIT Patna Academic Departments
The Indian Institute of Technology, Patna is made up of three different Schools. These schools are also made by different departments. These are as follows-
School of Basic Sciences consisting of Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry Departments. All the departments were started in 2008 and the Ph.D. programs in 2009.
School of Humanities consisting Humanities & Social Science Department- Subjects such as English, Economics, and Sociology are offered to orient engineering graduates to focus on global issues with the skills that they achieve.
School of Engineering consisting of departments like Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science & Engineering, and Electrical Engineering, etc.
IIT Patna Placement
The Training & Placement Cell at the IIT Patna handles all the needful aspects regarding internship programs and placement opportunities of the students in all possible manners. Right from contacting companies to managing all logistics, arranging the aptitude and other tests, pre-placement interactions between the recruiters and the students and conducting final interviews, TPC provides the best possible assistance to the recruiters and the students. The cell also organizes numerous workshops, seminars and mock drills related to the pre-placement assistance to the interested students.
Placement highlights of 2018-19
|Total Offer received||210|
|Total number of companies visited||95|
|Number of B.Tech students placed||114|
|Number of M.Tech students placed||28|
|Average salary||23 LPA|
Also, Check IIT Patna Placement
IIT Patna Ranking
Being an autonomous institute, IITP aims to build a strong base with the best available practices.
IIT Patna Facilities
The institute has developed modern facilities that are fully equipped with the state-of-the-art facilities that are routinely used to train and educate students. Below mentioned are the amenities provided by the institute:
- Hostel: IIT Patna has one boys’ and one temporary girls’ hostel on the campus. It provides comfortable accommodation with an aesthetic environment. Each hostel is self-contained with amenities such as a reading room, an indoor games room, a gymnasium, and a mess.
- Library: The Central Library of IIT Patna is one of the advanced libraries in terms of collection and services. It is growing at a faster rate with almost 14,000 books with 39 online resources including E-books and E-Journals. It is equipped with modern technology with self-check-in and self-check-out.
- Medical Unit: IIT Patna has a hospital running with primary basic care facilities for both employees and students. The expenses are covered under a medical insurance policy for the students. A pharmacist and an assistant are always available on a full-time basis to provide emergency first-aid and other medical services.