Rajendra Agricultural University, Samastipur,Bihar was established in 1970. It is very well known for agricultural engineering courses, research and education in India. The first stone of the university was laid by Lord Curzon in 1905.
- It is Public type University.
- It offers degree, diploma and certification programs in agricultural field.
- The University is located in Bihar and was reestablished by Government of India in 1970 as a result of damage due to earthquake in 1934.
- This university was earlier known as Imperial Agricultural research institute.
- It is a recognized and accredited central university in India.
Researches and Publications:
Research Projects Fields
Colleges under University:
Tirhut College of Agriculture, Dholi
College of Home Science, Pusa
College of Agricultural Engineering, Pusa
College of Basic Sciences & Humanities
Plant Breeding and Genetics
Hostel: – The University offers accommodation to most of its students.
- Single seated and double seated rooms are available.
- There is one hostel for boys which can accommodate 450 students.
- There is one hostel for girls.
- The hostel provides hygienic food and facility for recreation.
- Hostels available along with the mess facilities at affordable rates.
â€‹Library: The central library is one of the richest and well equipped university libraries in India. It has connected with LAN & Wi-FI. There is collection of large number of text books, journals, reference books and other study materials.
Number of Titles
Number of Volumes
Health Care Center – Health Care Centre is provided for residing students with all facilities in it:
- Specialist advises are available in ENT, Medicine, Ophthalmology, Psychiatry, Dentistry, Orthopedic, Gynecology and Cardiology.
- Referral services are available.
- 24 hours ambulance facility
Awards and Recognitions:
- Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Birauli (Samastipur) gets Best KVK Award
- Dr. Dayaram gets Swami Sahjanand Saraswati Outstanding Extension Scientist/Worker Award 2012 (ICAR)