Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University, was established on 12th July, 1960 by the Bihar State University Act,1960. The name of the University was changed from Bhagalpur University to Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University in 1991.
- Tilka Manjhi was a famous freedom fighter of India.
- In establishing the University, 264 acres of land were used.
- It is one of the oldest universities of India so the level of education is very high.
- National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) authorizes the university and all the courses at the university are approved by the university grants commission (UGC) of India
- Approximately 60,000 students are now part of this university under 16 certificate courses and also 6 vocational courses
- There are thirty colleges are under Tilka Manjhi Bhagalpur University with nearly 1055 teachers making up a top notch faculty team
T.N.B College, Bhagalpur
S.M College, Bhagalpur
RD & DJ College, Munger
Marwari College, Bhagalpur
J.P. College, Bhagalpur
Murarka College, Sultanganj
J.R.S. College, Jamalpur
P.B.S College, Banka
S.K.R College, Barbihga
B.N.M College, Barhiya
G.B College, Munger
H.S. College, Haveli Kharagpur
No. of Academic Programs
Departments: Some of the Departments are:
Faculty of Science
Faculty of Social Science
Faculty of Humanities
Faculty of Law
Faculty of Commerce
Faculty of Management Studies
Agro-Economic Research Center
Center of Bioinformatics
University Computer Center
Center of Regional Studies
Research Service Center
- There are separate accommodation
- The University possesses 4 hostels for boys and 3 hostels for girls
- All hostels come with modern facilities and other amenities
Library: Central Library of University has a well equipped library.
Computer Centre: There are 30 Computers centralized in the University.