Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University (PRSU), Raipur is a State University which was founded in the year 1964 and is named after the first chief minister of erstwhile Madhya Pradesh. It is accredited grade 'A’ by NAAC and is approved by UGC. PRSU is located in Raipur city of Chhattisgarh state. The university is envisioned to make quality higher education accessible to all sections of society, including the tribal population of Chhattisgarh and to provide quality education in the disciplines of arts, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences and other disciplines of learning.
The university offers a plethora of programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level. PRSU Admissions are either based on the marks secured by the students in their qualifying degree or on the basis of entrance exams conducted by the university.
Check PRSU Admission Procedure
NCTE, AICTE, UGC,
NAAC ‘A’ Accredited,
MHRD, Govt. of India
More than 5,000
More than 167
Both Girls and Boys
How to Reach
5 Km away from Raipur Railway Station
15 Km away from Raipur Airport
PRSU Courses Offered:
PRSU offers various UG, PG & Doctoral level courses in the University Teaching Departments (UTD) and in 129 Affiliated Colleges. The courses are offered in faculties of Humanities, Natural Science, Law, Education, Pharmacy, Management, Physical Education, Library Science, and Computer Science through the various schools as follows:
- School of Studies in Geography
- School of Studies in Computer Science & IT
- School of Studies in Economics
- School of Studies in Chemistry
- School of Studies in Electronics & Photonics
- School of Studies in History
- School of Studies in Law
- School of Studies in Sociology
- School of Studies in Life Sciences
- School of Studies in Statistics
- School of Studies in Mathematics
- School of Studies in Physical Education
- School of Studies in Ancient Indian History, Culture & Archaeology
- School of Studies in Bio-Technology
- School of Regional Studies & Research
- Center for Women’s Studies
- School of Studies in Geology and Water Resource Management
- University Institute of Pharmacy
- Institute of Tourism and Hotel Management
- School of Studies in Library and Information Science
- School of Studies in Literature and Languages
- Institute of Management
- School of Studies in Psychology
- Institute of Teachers Education
- School of Studies in Physics and Astrophysics
- School of Studies in Anthropology
- Swami Vivekanand Memorial S.O.S. in Comparative Religion, Philosophy & Yoga
- Environmental Sciences
The admission to the undergraduate programs offered by the university is through the marks secured by them in senior secondary examinations. For B.P.Ed, the aspirant must be a graduate and for B.Ed, candidates are admitted on the basis of guidelines of Central Regulatory Council & University Ordinance. Eligibility criteria are varied as per the course and specializations are chosen.
Selection to a postgraduate course is based upon the order of merit of the qualifying degree examination. For MCA, there is a Pre-MCA entrance examination and counseling for admission. For MPharm, a candidate must hold a B. Pharm degree with first division and must also hold a valid GPAT card. Similarly, MBA Program admissions are based on a valid CMAT score. Eligibility criteria are varied as per the course and specializations are chosen.
Doctoral Programs (M.Phil and Ph.D.)
Selection of the doctoral programs is done on the basis of marks secured by the applicants in their qualifying examination. Application is fully invited for Ph.D. programs in numerous specializations. A university-based entrance test is to be conducted for Ph.D. programs followed by the personal interview round.
Read more about the courses offered PRSU Courses and Fees
Why join PRSU?
- The university has more than 120 affiliated colleges and more than 25 schools of research studies.
- It has a world-class facility of the central library providing more than 2 lakh books including world bank books, thesis, and research publications.
- The university has experienced faculty and more than 2 lac students.
- The affiliated colleges spread over 10 districts of Chhattisgarh.