Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University (PRSU), Raipur is a State University founded in the year 1964 and is named after the first chief minister of the state. The university is envisioned to make quality higher education accessible to all sections of society. It offers a plethora of programs at the undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels like BCA, B.Pharm, B.Ed, M.Tech, MCA, LLB, Ph.D. and many more in 129 Affiliated Colleges. PRSU Admissions are either based on the marks secured by the students in their qualifying degree or on the basis of entrance exams conducted by the university.
- The online registration portal for admission 2020 at PRSU has been re-opened from October 28, 2020. Candidates whose examination results for the qualifying examination will be eligible to apply from October 28, 2020, and candidates whose results are yet to be declared can apply after 7 days from the re-opening of the application portal.
- Linguistics admissions 2020-21 will start have been started from October 21, 2020 and the last date to apply is scheduled for October 31, 2020.
- The majority of admissions at PRSU are based on merits obtained by the student in the previous qualifying examination. The online application portal for merit-based courses was active from October 3, 2020, to October 11, 2020. The university will release merit lists based on marks obtained by the registered applicants on October 12, 2020. Applicants who have applied for admission will be called on October 12, 2020, onwards. PRSU merit-based admissions 2020 will conclude on October 15, 2020.
PRSU Admission 2020
|Online application portal start date||October 3, 2020|
|Online application portal end date||October 11, 2020|
|First merit released by the university||October 12, 2020|
|Admission against 1st merit list||October 12, 2020|
|Last date of admission against 1st merit list||October 15, 2020|
|Online portal re-open date||October 28, 2020|
|Online portal for Linguistics admission||October 21, 2020|
|Last date to apply||October 31, 2020|
|Entrance Exam||University-level: PRSU Entrance Exam
|Types of Programs||UG, PG, & M.Phil/ Ph.D.|
Mode of Registration
|Online and Offline|
PRSU Courses Offered
PRSU offers various UG, PG & Doctoral level courses in the University Teaching Departments (UTD). The courses are offered in faculties of Humanities, Natural Science, Law, Education, Pharmacy, Management, Physical Education, Library Science, and Computer Science.
- The university offers 9 programs - B.A., B.Sc., B.Com., B.Pharm., BCA., B.Lib., B.Ed., LLB., and B.P.Ed in various specialization.
- Eligibility criteria for such courses is intermediate(10+2) in relevant stream with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate from a recognized board.
- Duration of all the bachelor’s courses is 3 Years except for B.Ed (2 Years) and B.Pharm (4 Years)
- The university offers 9 programs - M.A., M.Sc., MBA, MCA., M.Lib., LLM., MRPD, and M.P.Ed in various specialization.
- Eligibility criteria for such courses is an intermediate graduate in a relevant course with a minimum of 55% in total aggregate from a recognized university.
- Duration of all the bachelor’s courses is 2 Years except for MCA (3 Years)
Doctoral Programs (M.Phil and Ph.D.)
- The University offers M.Phil and Ph.D. courses in more than 25 specializations like Geology, Physical Education, Philosophy & Yoga, Sociology, English, History, and many more.
- Eligibility for the research and doctoral programs is a master’s degree in a relevant course with at least 55% in total aggregate.
- The duration of M.Phil programs is 2 Years whereas Ph.D. is for 3-5 Years.
Note: Candidates are suggested to check PRSU Fees Structure as per Course before applying for their desired courses
The Application Form for admission to any of the programs offered by PRSU can be obtained in print format from the University Campus for payment of INR 400 and the duly filled application form has to be submitted to the respective school of studies. Applicants can also apply through online mode, visit the official website, and fill in the form with correct information. Online payment can be made through Debit/Credit card or Net Banking.
- Residence Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Certificate of the past qualifying examinations.
- Admission to all undergraduate courses is done on merit basis marks obtained in past qualification exams except:
- B.VOC - Common Entrance Test conducted by the university
- B.Pharm - GPAT
- The selection procedure of MCA, M.Tech, MA, M.Sc., and M.Phil courses are done on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance test conducted by the university.
- MBA Admission is done are based on a valid CMAT score.
Note: Successful candidates satisfying their eligibility with PRSU Results can enroll their names after the completion of the counseling procedure conducted by the university.
Documents required at the time of Admission:
- Transfer Certificate
- Eligibility Certificate (if required)
- Original mark sheet
- Migration Certificate (if required)
- NOC - No Objection Certificate (if in-service candidate)
Why join PRSU?
- The university has more than 120 affiliated colleges and more than 25 schools of research studies.
- It has a world-class facility of the central library providing more than 2 lakh books including world bank books, thesis, and research publications.
- The university has experienced faculty and more than 2 lac students.
- The affiliated colleges spread over 10 districts of Chhattisgarh.