Established in the year 1956, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi, widely known as AIIMS Delhi is an Autonomous Medical University located in New Delhi duly recognized by the UGC and Medical Council of India. There is a total of 7 AIIMS located at different locations in all over India. These branches are famous as AIIMS hospital or AIIMS University as they provide world-class medical facilities & uses advanced medical techniques & treatments. AIIMS offers its own medical degrees & distinctions in UG, PG & Doctoral programs.
The main objective of the institution is to develop a pattern of teaching in Undergraduate and Postgraduate medical education in all its branches so as to demonstrate a high standard of medical education to all medical colleges and other allied institutions in India.
Click here AIIMS Delhi Cutoff
AIIMS Delhi Highlights
|No. of other AIIMS Institutions||7|
61,423 books, 53,547 journals and 14,008 reports
AIIMS Delhi Address
AIIMS Delhi, Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg,
New Delhi - 110029, India
AIIMS Delhi Courses
AIIMS offers many medical allied courses at UG, PG, and Ph.D. levels with valuable feature and modern technologies which rarely matches from any other medical college in India. The university allows application in many modern-day courses such as MBBS, B.Sc.(Nursing), M.Sc.(Nursing), M.Sc.(Biotechnology), M.Sc., MD, MS, MDS, MHA & M.Ch.
With respect to the postgraduate education offered by the institution, the main objective is to enhance training & research facilities for the teachers of Medical Colleges in India. Students are exposed to new methods of medical teaching so that they could use them in future practices.
Apart from all Ph.D. Courses in some valuable specializations for the career-oriented skillful individuals.
Check AIIMS Delhi Fee Structure
AIIMS Delhi Entrance Exam
AIIMS authority has released the tentative exam schedule for the current academic year for all courses offered by AIIMS Delhi.
Date of Entrance
DM/M.Ch Fellowship Program of 3 years
April 06, 2019
April 29, 2019
MD/MS/M.Ch (6 years) & MDS
May 5, 2019
Will be declared later
May 25 & 26, 2019
Will be declared later
B.Sc Nursing Post Basic
June 1, 2019
June 28, 2019
B.Sc Nursing Hons.
June 23, 2019
Will be declared later
June 1, 2019
Will be declared later
July 6, 2019
July 26, 2019
AIIMS Delhi MBBS Admission
The AIIMS medical entrance exam for MBBS course known as AIIMS MBBS is held for a total of 672 seats offered by 7 AIIMS located all over India. This year AIIMS MBBS will be conducted only at AIIMS Delhi, Jodhpur, Raipur, Patna, Rishikesh, Bhubaneshwar & Bhopal. All of these also function as full-time hospital strives to provide better medical services.
Also, Check AIIMS Admissions
AIIMS Delhi Application Process
Candidates need to fill the AIIMS application form through AIIMS official website. It includes filling up the personal details & selection of the desired course.
AIIMS Login: Students have to log in to the AIIMS website in order to select their desired subject or mainstream.
In order to complete the AIIMS registration, students have to pay the required prescribed amount of non-refundable fee. After that, they need to select an AIIMS online option. In this process, students have to fill all personal & fee details (through debit/credit card or Bank Challan).
Note: There is no application fee for OPH category students.
Status of AIIMS Registration:
Candidates will be informed about their successful registration through e-mail on their registered e-mail ID. The status of application form & AIIMS admit card will be updated on the official website of AIIMS.
If the status of a candidate’s Application or Admit Card is not available on the website, he/she should immediately write to the below-mentioned address along with Registration details of application form through e-mail.
Assistant Controller of Examinations,
AIIMS New Delhi-110608
AIIMS Delhi Result
The result for all PG courses will be displayed on the Notice Board of AIIMS Delhi or will also be available on the AIIMS website i.e. www.aiimsexams.org & www.aiims.edu. No telephonic interaction will be responded by AIIMS authorities, students have to check their status regularly through AIIMS website.
AIIMS Delhi MBBS Result
AIIMS MBBS Result final result calculation will be performed on the basis of percentile calculation with respect to the raw scores. To check the percentile score students have to log in to the AIIMS website along with their candidate ID & password. The result will be bifurcated according to both rank & roll number.
AIIMS Delhi Exam Pattern & Syllabus
To understand the overall picture of the AIIMS entrance exam, students need to go through the exam pattern & AIIMS syllabus of different courses. Students may find the latest details of marking scheme, important topics & duration of the exam upon the official website of the AIIMS Delhi.
Know more AIIMS MBBS Syllabus
AIIMS Delhi Key Features
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), has become a lifesaving institution. The dream of Nehru and Amrit Kaur and the recommendations of the Bhore Committee which found favor of the government of New Zealand and then only it became possible. A generous grant from New Zealand under the Colombo Plan made it possible to lay the foundation stone of AIIMS in 1952. The AIIMS was finally created in 1956, as an autonomous institution through the act of Parliament.
- It is located at Ansari Nagar, Aurobindo Marg, New Delhi
- The Institute has modern facilities for teaching, research, and patient care. AIIMS conducts teaching programs in medical and para-medical courses for both levels UG & PG.
- Teaching and research are conducted in 42 disciplines. In the field of medical research, AIIMS is having more than 600 research publications by the faculty and many researchers in one year.
- AIIMS also runs the College of Nursing in which they train students for B.Sc.(Hons.) degrees.
- 25 clinical departments including four super specialty centers manage practically all types of disease conditions with support from pre and Para-clinical departments.
- AIIMS also have 60-bedded hospital in the Comprehensive Rural Health Centre at Ballabgarh, Haryana and provides health coverage to about 2.5 lakh population through the Centre for Community Medicine.
AIIMS Delhi Functions
- Undergraduate and postgraduate teaching in medical and related physical, biological sciences.
- Education innovations
- Nursing and dental education
- Producing medical teachers country.
- Research in medical and related sciences.
- Healthcare: preventive, promotive and curative; primary, secondary & tertiary.
AIIMS Delhi Research
- Image analysis system for the quantitative and stereological study of tissues.
- Control of Diarrheal Diseases.
- Flow Cytometry in progress in Biotechnology Laboratory for identification of DNA ploidy and surface markers in cancer cells.
AIIMS Delhi Alumni Network
The AIIMSONIANS is the indexed association of ALUMNI of AIIMS, New Delhi, India. It was set up in 1962 when the first batch of MBBS students bade adieu. Some of the activities are listed below:
- Annual AIIMsonians Picnic
- The AIIMsonians Banquet
- PULSE – The cultural & social extravaganza.
- Annual Aiimsonians Cricket Match
AIIMS Delhi Conferences & Workshops
International Conference on Cognitive Behavior Intervention (ICCBI AIIMS-2015)
- The event will be held on 5th & 6th March of 2015 along with pre-conference training workshops and post-conference training workshops on 4th of March and on 7th March of 2015 respectively.
- ICCBI AIIMS - 2015 is designed to be State of the Art Conference, providing a rich platform for National and International participation from students and faculty.
AIIMS Delhi Facilities
- The AIIMS Library is well equipped with all modern facilities and huge collections of books. Library building consists of two floors with an area of 27000 square feet and a seating capacity of 300 people.
- The library is a treasure house having 61,423 books, 53,547 journals and 14,008 reports in the field of Biomedical Sciences. The library receives 490 journals and 80 newsletters every year.
Computer facility was created in the institute in 1978 in the Department of Biophysics. At the point, computerization was on a small scale and was catering only to Biophysics. In 1987, the institute decided to augment the facility and Computer facility was created and became operational in full scale in January 1989.
- The Central Workshop was established in 1964 under the Colombo Plan by Australian Govt. to promote the repair and maintenance of World Class Biomedical Equipments.
- It was also assigned WHO Project India 0199 to train the technicians for medical equipment’s maintenance under the project of CWS through WHO and UNICEF.
- Central Workshop has trained 206 trainees from different State Hospitals in India and the underdeveloped countries in South East Asia such as Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan & Burma.
E.H.S. (Dept. of Family Medicine) was established on a pattern of Central Government Health Services at AIIMS to take care of promotive, preventive and curative aspects of health care of Institute employees and their dependents.
Recognizing the contribution of the laboratory and the need for the ultrastructural investigations, the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India established a Regional Electron Microscope facility in 1983 at AIIMS under its RSIC/SIF program. This center is now known as the Sophisticated Analytical Instrument Facility (SAIF) – AIIMS, New Delhi, under the SAIF Program of DST.
Medical Social Welfare Services
The Welfare Officer at AIIMS is involved in the following multifarious welfare activities concerning patients and employees.
National Poison Information Centre
The National Poisons Information Centre (NPIC) was established in the Department of Pharmacology at AIIMS in 1995.
Telemedicine is an emerging field in healthcare arising out of the synergistic convergence of Information Technology with Medical Science having enormous potential in meeting the challenges of healthcare delivery to rural and remote areas besides several other applications in education, training, and management in the health sector
AIIMS Excellence Award (2012), Awarded First Prize to Dr. D.N.Rao, Professor, Department of Biochemistry.
AIIMS Delhi Recognition
- "AIIMS is India’s best public hospital. The Government-run hospital, with around 2,000 beds, treated 3.5 million people yet, achieving mortality and infection rates comparable to the best facilities in the developed world – for fees that come to about $1 a day for inpatients" Newsweek
- "Best Medical College in India" India Today, Outlook