IIT Delhi ranks #2 in the NIRF list of top Engineering colleges after the prestigious IIT Madras. QS World Ranking 2021 ranks IIT Delhi ranks #193, slipping 11 places from the previous 182 rank of 2020. Established in 1961, IIT Delhi was declared “Institute of National Importance” and granted the status of “Deemed University”. IIT Delhi also hosts 17 institutes, 8 of which are industry-sponsored, 4 are set up by IIT Delhi itself, and the rest 5 are funded by sponsor projects.
IIT Delhi is known for its flagship Bachelor in Technology (B.Tech) program that is offered in 12 electives ranging from Computer Science & Engineering to Textile Engineering. Apart from well-known UG, PG and Ph.D courses, IIT Delhi is actively offering Online certificate programs, Continuing Education Programs & Technical Education Quality Improvement Programs. Know More about IIT Delhi Course and Eligibility
Admission to IIT Delhi Courses is offered on the basis of Entrance exam score in the following:
- B.Tech, Integrated B.Tech: JEE Advanced followed by JoSAA Counselling
- M.Tech, Integrated M.Tech: GATE
- M.Sc: IIT JAM / COJET Entrance followed by Interview.
- M.Des: CEED
- Ph.D: GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ INSPIRE/ ICAR or ICMR score OR Written Test and Interview
- MBA: CAT Score followed by Personal Interview
- EMBA: GMAT Score followed by Personal Interview
IIT Delhi Admission Updates 2021:
- IIT Delhi is inviting applications to Ex-MBA Admission 2021. Eligible candidates can visit the official website to apply for the course till March 18, 2021. Classes are scheduled to be held from July 2021.
- IIT Delhi MBA Admissions are in the final stage, the personal interview round of MBA at DoMS IIT Delhi is expected to start after March 05.
- IIT Delhi has launched an online certificate program in Digital Marketing for undergraduate courses. Registrations are Open till March 10. Check IIT Delhi Admission 2021
- Shortlist for Admission in the certificate program in Digital Marketing will be announced before March 15.
- For B.Tech admission also, JEE Advanced dates have been released and the online entrance will be conducted on June 03, 2021.
IIT Delhi Quick facts
- IIT Delhi is ranked as the top university for employability in India and ranks at #10 globally. Check IIT Delhi Ranking
- The fee for IIT Delhi flagship B.Tech program is approximately INR 9 Lakhs and merit-cum-means, freeship, freemessing, and donor scholarships are offered on need basis. Check IIT Delhi Scholarship
- B.Tech Admissions at IIT Delhi is based on JEE Advanced rank, followed by JoSAA counselling. Check IIT Delhi B.Tech Admission Process
- IIT Delhi B.Tech Application process generally starts in September with JEE registrations. PG admissions begin in March.
- Dor MBA Admission CAT score is considered and for M.Des and M.Tech GATE & CEED score are considered.
- A written test is also considered after GATE score for MS Admissions at IIT Delhi.
- For Ph.D Admissions IIT Delhi considers GATE/ UGC NET/ CSIR NET/ ICAR/ ICMR score or DST- Inspire Scholarship.
IIT Delhi Rankings
IIT Delhi ranks among the top engineering institutes of India, making global presence among leading international universities. As per NIRF Ranking, IIT Delhi ranks at 2 position for engineering , 8th position for management and 3rd position in overall category. It has also secured 193rd ranks in QS World University ranking 2021.
|Times Higher Education World University Ranking||2020||401-500|
IIT Delhi JEE Advance B.Tech Cutoff 2021
IIT Delhi JEE Cut off for CSE remains high compared to other specializations. While the closing rank for CSE for Gender Neutral General category is 93, the cut off rank for textile technology is 6549.IIT Delhi JEE cut off rank ranks trends to be higher than IIT Bombay.
IIT Delhi B.Tech Cutoff Trends
IIT Delhi course, Fees, Selection Criteria
|B.Tech||Eligibility: 10+2 in Science Stream with the minimum required marks from a reputed board + JEE Advanced Score
Selection: Entrance Test merit through JOSAA counselling
|INR 2.25 Lakhs|
|M.Tech||Eligibility: B.Tech/ M.Sc degree with minimum of 60% marks OR B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA of 8.00 without GATE are also eligible for admission +GATE Score followed by Written Test and/or Interview
Selection: GATE Entrance Merit or Qualifying exam merit for candidates exempted from GATE exam
|M.Sc||Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in relevant stream with at least 55% marks from a recognized University/ Institute +IIT JAM/COJET followed by a interview for Cognitive Science and Economics Selection: Based on entrance merit marks||INR 52900|
|M.Des||Eligibility: B.Tech/ M.Sc degree with minimum of 60% marks + CEED followed by Written Test and/or Interview
Selection: Based on CEED and written test merit
|MBA||Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology/ Architecture /Pharmacy / B.Sc. Agri. Engg. (Minimum 4 year after 10+2) with at least 60% marks +CAT, Group Discussion and Interview Round
Selection: Based on CAT Merit
|INR 5.05 Lakhs|
|Ph.D||Eligibility: M.E/ M.Tech or MD degree with at least 60% (55% for SC/ST/PH) marks in aggregate + GATE/ UGC-NET/ CSIR-NET/ ICAR or ICMR score OR Written Test and Interview
Selection: Based on GATE or NET entrance merit
Which IIT is better for B.Tech: IIT Delhi or IIT Madras, IIT Bombay?
|Category||IIT Delhi||IIT Madras||IIT Bombay|
|Male : Female (Average )||1:8||1:7||1:9|
|Fees (B.Tech)||INR 2.17 Lakhs||INR 2.84 Lakhs||INR 2.11 Lakhs|
|Average Salary||INR 16 LPA||INR 18 LPA||INR 16.06 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Microsoft, Mastercard, Societe Generale, Uber, Denso Japan, TSMC Taiwan||Microsoft, Intel, Flipkart||Microsoft, Samsung, Google, Accenture, Amazon|
IIT Delhi Placements
IIT Delhi Placements 2020 summit highest benchmarks with more than 1100 jobs offers. This includes pre-placement orders and multiple job offers within India and abroad. The major highlights of the 2020 placement as follows:
- The placement rate at IIT Delhi is 85.6%. A total of 430 recruiters visited the campus for placements.
- The highest CTC reached INR 1 Cr in the year 2020 and the average package remained at INR 16 LPA.
- The placement drive of 2020 observed 4% increase in the total number of placements.
IIT Delhi Sector Wise Placements
Know more about IIT Delhi Placements 2020
IIT Delhi Scholarships
IIT Delhi offers a range of scholarship, financial support, teaching assistantance facilities for UG, PG and Ph.D students. Interested students can apply to the following scholarships based on the eligibility criteria.
- Institute Free Studentship-U.G.: 10% of students are provided free studentship on the basis of merit scored.
- Institute Merit-cum-Means (MCM) Scholarship: The Institute offers INR 1000 per month to about 25% of students. It is offered to meritorious undergraduate students in engineering and technology.
- Institute Merit Prizes and Certificates: Top 7% of students from B.Tech are rewarded with an amount of INR 2500 up to the 8th and 10th semesters.
- Scholarship provision for SC/ST students: Under this scholarship SC/ST students are exempted from tuition fee.
- Merit-cum-Means (MCM) Scholarships: M.Sc Students are provided INR 1000 per month, however, only to students with parents’ income is less than INR 4.5 LPA.
- For IIT Delhi M.Tech., M.S. (Research), and M.Des. Students: These students are awarded an amount of INR 12,400 per month under the financial assistance scheme.
- For Ph.D. Candidates: Full time students are offered research assistantship of INR 25000 INR.
Check IIT Delhi Scholarship
IIT Delhi Faculty
IIT Delhi Faculty members include Rukmini Bhaya Nair, renowned poet and linguist, is the HOD of Humanities Department and experienced faculty from Stanford University. Other faculties such as Prof. P. V. M Rao and Prof Paresh Choksi are known for core course designs, live projects, and startup ideas in the institute.
The current faculty students ratio stands at 1:8 with more than 654 faculty members. During 2016, the faculty students ratio was 1:16, the institute showed interest in promoting international students and declined pressure of increasing intake capacity. The recent ratio reflects improving the status of students and faculty capacity.
IIT Delhi FAQs
Ques. How to apply for admission at IIT Delhi?
Ans. For B.Tech Admission, candidates need to have a valid score in JEE Advanced. For M.Tech, GATE score is mandatory for Non-IIT students whereas for M.Sc courses valid IIT JAM scores is required. For MBA valid CAT scores are required and for Ph.D, Valid GATE and NET are required to get admitted in IIT Delhi. Eligible candidates need to fill in the online application by visiting the official website before the last date. Know more about IIT Delhi Admission 2021
Check IIT Delhi Scholarship
Ques. What is the stipend for IIT Delhi Ph.D Scholars?
Ans. IIT Delhi offers financial assitnaship to full time Ph.D scholars. For the first two registered years, scholars are offered INR 31000 per month and INR 35000 in the following 3 registered years. Such scholars need to provide Teaching assistance to IIT delhi for 8 hours per week.
Ques. What are recent placement trends for IIT delhi 2021?
Ans. In Phrase 1 Placement 2021, the batch of 2020-2021 obtained 925 offers through virtual mode. As of now, 250+ job profiles and 200+ companies offers have been received by the graduating students. It includes recruiters such as Microsoft, Wells Fargo, Oracle, EXL Services,Tata Projects, ICICI Bank, Intel,Goldman Sachs, HCL, and IQVIA.
Ques. What is the cut off scenario for IIT Delhi B.Tech CSE and Electrical Engineering?
Ans. As per JEE 2020 cut off, the highest cut off maintained for CSE branch admin. The opening and closing rank is 31 -105 for the General category. For Electrical engineering, the last round cut off rank is 311-594.
Ques. What are the GATE cut off trends for IIT delhi M.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
Ans. GATE cut off for M.tech ME admission in 2019 was 725 score. In the 2020 admission process, the cut off increased by 100 score with 830 GATE cut off in the General category. The PWD, SC, ST Cut off is 478, 620 and 620 respectively
Ques. Is IIT Delhi worth for MBA program?
Ans. Yes, IIT Delhi ranks at 8th position in the management category of NIRF Ranking 2020. With 1:6 faculty ratio, DMS IIT Delhi offers extensive support with 100-50% fee waiver to top 3 class toppers. Compared to other IITs, IIT Delhi MBA placement is better in terms of CTC and offers. For a batch of 68 students, 83 offers were raised in Placement 2020 with a highest CTC of 33 LPA.