Jamia Hamdard University (JHU) is a Deemed to be University recommended by the University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 3 of UGC act 1956, located in Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi, established in 1989; awarded an 'A' grade deemed university status by the NAAC of India. The University was set up with the formation of a small clinic (Unani) in 1906. Gradually, by doing the continuous good works in the field of medicines; the university has scaled new heights and a benchmark in the Indian Medicinal Universities.
Main exams needed for admissions at Jamia Hamdard University:
- For B.Tech seeking students, selection will be based on merit in Paper-1 of JEE (Main)
- Entrance Exam or interview conducted for M.Tech aspiring individuals.
- Entrance Exam conducted followed by the interview for the selection of PhD candidates. A valid score in NET conducted by the CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR will be exempted from appearing in the written test for PhD candidates.
- Candidates interested in UG courses such as MBBS, B.Sc., BUMS, B.Pharm etc. should possess a valid score in NEET for the corresponding year.
- For MBA, a valid score of CMAT or other national tests such as MAT/ GMAT/ XAT/ GPAT/ ATMA etc. is necessary.
- For M.Pharm, a good scorecard of GPAT is necessary.
- For integrated BA-LLB, one must possess a valid score in CLAT.
Highlights of Jamia Hamdard University:
University Grants Commission (UGC) under Section 3 of UGC act 1956
Type of University
Deemed to be University
An 'A' grade deemed university status by the NAAC of India
University Headquarters Location
Hamdard Nagar, New Delhi, India
Offline & Online
Jamia Hamdard University Courses
Jamia Hamdard University Admissions 2019, the University provides UG, PG and Doctoral level programs such as B.Tech (Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Communications Engineering and Bioinformatics, Food Technology), MBBS, B.Pharm, BUMS, MBA, PhD, (Management, Health Management), BA-LLB etc.
Jamai Hamdard University B.Tech in various specializations such as CSE, ECE.
- 10+2 examination with Mathematics and Physics compulsory, and one subject out of the following: Computer Science, Chemistry, Electronics from CBSE or any other Board securing atleast 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in aggregate.
- Selection will be based on merit in Paper-1 of JEE (Main)
Jamia Hamdard University M.Tech in various specializations such as CSE, Bioinformatics.
- B.Tech. or equivalent degree in CS / CSE/ CE/ IT/ Software Engineering / ICT with atleast 60% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in aggregate.
MCA or M.Sc.(CS), M.Sc.(IT), M.Sc.(Software Engineering), M.Sc.(Elect) with atleast 60% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in aggregate.
B.Tech. or equivalent degree in EC / EE with atleast 60% marks (or equivalent CGPA) in aggregate.
- Appeared in the Entrance Test or Interview conducted by Jamia Hamdard University.
Jamai Hamdard University Ph.D aspiring candidates have to:
- Pass through the University Entrance Test for the desirable stream followed by the interview.
- A valid score in NET conducted by the CSIR/ UGC/ ICMR will be exempted from appearing in the written test.
Jamia Hamdard University offers MBA in Health & Hospital Management, Pharmaceutical Management, Insurance etc. and PhD in Management, Health Management courses.
Jamia Hamdard University offers some Pharmacy courses as B.Pharm, D.Pharm and PG (M.Pharm) in various disciplines.
Click here for Jamia Hamdard University fee structure
Jamia Hamdard University Placements:
Students passing out from Jamia Hamdard University do not have to wait for employment. The Training & Placement Cell helps each student in exploring placement opportunities by inviting various companies for campus recruitment of students who are in the final year of the programme and are likely to graduate at the end of the academic year. There is a benchmark already set of the university which helps each student to acquire a job before the end of the programme. For more info related to it, click Jamia Hamdard University Placements.
Jamia Hamdard University Scholarships:
- Hakeem Abdul Majeed Merit Scholarship of Rs.125 per month.
- Hakeem Abdul Hameed Fellowship to M.D. (Unani) students.
- Hamdard Research Fellowships of Rs.4000/- per month for Ph.D. students.
- Maulana Wahid Hussain Memorial Merit Scholarship for BUMS.
- Maulana Ahmad Raza Merit Scholarship for M.A. students.