Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) is a public central university located in Delhi. It was established in the year 1920 and received the status of Central University in 1988. The university stands proud with its NIRF rankings of 10th among top universities of India and placement record of 100% in its degree programs. At present, it offers various UG, PG, Diploma, PG Diploma, Advanced Diploma, and M.Phil & Ph.D. courses in different disciplines. Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) follows a common application process for all the courses. The application form can be filled by visiting the admission portal of JMI followed by fee submission through Credit/ Debit card or Net-Banking.
As per the recent updates, JMI is going to launch eight new UG/PG courses from the upcoming academic session. The new courses are: Master in Design in the Faculty of Architecture, BA (Hons.) French, Latin American Studies, BA (Hons.) Spanish, Francophone Studies in Centre of Spanish, Latin American Studies in Centre of Spanish, Latin American Studies, M.Sc Environmental Science & Management, MA Mass Media (Hindi), PG Diploma in Translation Studies, PG Diploma in English-Hindi Translation and MBA (Healthcare & Hospital Management).
JMI has also announced to start new departments from the upcoming session. Department of Hospital Management and Hospice Studies, Department of Design and innovation, Department of Foreign Languages and Department of Environmental Sciences are among the newly inducted departments of JMI.
- Admission to BA, B.Com, BBA, B.Sc, BA-LL.B, BHM, BPT, B.Li.I.Sc, BFA, BTTM, and B.Ed courses are offered on the basis of a valid score in the JMI Entrance Test followed by an Interview.
- Valid rank in JEE Main is the primary requirement to secure admission in B.Tech and B.Arch courses.
- JMI also offers BDS program for which candidates have to qualify in NEET UG conducted at all Indian levels.
- MA, M.Sc, M.Com, LL.M, MFA, M.Ed, M.Li.I.Sc and MPT admissions are granted through an entrance test conducted by JMI and Interview.
- JMI also offers admission to M.Tech, MBA, MCA, and M.Arch courses through its own entrance test.
- Candidates have to qualify in the Written Test and Interview to secure admission in M.Phil & Ph.D. programs.
- CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE/ SLET or M.Phil passed candidates are exempted from the Ph.D. Entrance Test. Such candidates have to appear in the Interview round only.
- The university also offers Self-Financed, Evening, Part-Time with Distance Education courses (Centre of Distance & Open Learning (CODL)) in various streams.