Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) is a leading public central university which has granted recognition and accreditation to many prestigious institutions across the country.
Jawaharlal Nehru University is one of India’s top-ranked university for Post-graduate and research studies. The University is known for churning out some of India’s prominent thinkers, intellectuals, diplomats, and artists the Foreign Secretary of India, Prime Minister of Libya, Indian Film Actress Swara Bhaskar, Prakash Karat CPI Member, etc. The university is also an active arena for political and social debates and is famous for its leaning toward leftist ideology.
JNU Delhi Highlights
5, 00,000 books, 2000 e-journals, 53 national/international journals
How to Reach
17 Kms from New Delhi Railway Station; 5.4 Km from Hauz Khas Metro Station; 8.3 Km from Chattarpur Metro Station
JNU Delhi Courses and Admission
JNU Delhi Admission criteria
JNU offers a variety of programs every year viz. PG Courses, M.Phil. / Ph.D. and BA in Language Courses. Admission of eligible candidates to all the university courses is done on the basis of their merit in the entrance examination. The application process, conducted both online and offline, for all the courses usually begins in the month of February every year.
Read more about JNU Delhi Courses
JNU Delhi Undergraduate Admission
JNU offers BA (Hons) program through regular/ lateral mode in several languages viz. German, Spanish, French. For admission to BA Language courses, a candidate must have passed 10+2 examination from a recognized board of education. Those seeking admission can register themselves by submitting the application fee of INR 300/- through online payment modes or offline method i.e. demand draft (DD).
JNU Delhi Postgraduate Admission
In the case of PG courses such as MA, M.Sc and MCA admissions, the candidate must possess a graduate degree from a recognized university in India. Selection of candidates will be done on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam conducted by the university. Candidates who wish to apply can submit completed applications along with the required fee of INR 300 through online/ offline payment modes.
JNU M.Sc Biotechnology Admission
The university offers the M.Sc program in Biotechnology through JNU-CEEB (Combined Entrance Examination for Biotechnology). JNU CEEB is a national level entrance exam conducted by JNU for admission to M.Sc (Agri.) Biotechnology and MVSc, M.Sc Biotechnology and M.Tech Biotechnology program in various universities across India. Candidates can register themselves for JNU-CEEB by submitting applications online/ offline along with the examination fee.
JNU Ph.D. Admission
The university offers M.Phil/Ph.D., Pre-Ph.D. /Ph.D., M.Sc-Ph.D., M.Tech – Ph.D., MPH/ Ph.D. program to eligible candidates who possess PG degree in a relevant discipline. Candidates awaiting their result or appearing in their final year/semester examination can also apply.
For direct admission to the research program, a candidate needs to fill a separate application form. The direct admission process to Ph.D. programs is conducted twice a year where the selection of candidates is done on the basis of their viva-voce conducted at the concerned department.
To know more JNU Delhi Admission Process
JNU Delhi Ranking
Body / Magazine
JNU Delhi Scholarship
- Australian High Commission Fellowship
- Okita Memorial Fellowship
- Korea Foundation(Korea)
- G Parthasarathy Endowment Fellowship
- Dr. Sheila Zurbrigg Fellowship
- Special Fellowships for SC/ST and PH student.
JNU Delhi Facilities
- Library: The library is the hub of academic student life on campus. Jawaharlal University houses a spacious library, stocked with more than 500,000 books, 5,000 titles, and thousands of CDs, journals, and reports. The JNU library consists of a Central Library & separate Department Libraries to help students and faculties alike have easy access to the course and reference materials through a membership card.
- Hostel Facilities: The University provides separate accommodation for both boys and girls from outside Delhi. Mess facility is also available, where a student must submit his/her preferences for accommodation early in the process of admission. Currently, the hostel block houses more than 150 students. All hostels comprise of the main office, security room, and a guest house.
- Medical Aid: on the campus, there is a student’s Health Care Centre. With a full-time Medical Superintendent and a team of qualified, efficient doctors who are always present in the healthcare center. JNU also offers Health Insurance Policies for their students.
- Cafeteria: Jawaharlal Nehru University has many canteens: cafeterias and dining halls on the campus, where tea/coffee and various snacks options are available. On the other hand, canteen serves both veg and non-veg meals to their students/staff members.
- Computer Labs: In JNU you have plenty of labs to access online study material or any other course-related support is available online.