TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute) is a research institute located in New Delhi. It has become a center of research excellence in its field. The University was set up in 1998, named TERI School of Advanced Studies (TERI SAS). It was renamed as TERI University and granted "Deemed to be University" status by the UGC and notified through MHRD in 1999.
|Established in ||1998|
|Courses||PG and Doctoral courses|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
TERI Departments and Centres
- Department of Natural resources
- Department of Biotechnology
- Department of Energy and environment
- Department of Policy Studies
- Department of Business Sustainability
- Centre for Distance Education
- Centre for Postgraduate Legal Studies
- Department of Regional Water Studies
|M.Sc.( Climate Science and Policy, Environmental Studies & Resource Management, Geoinformatics, Plant Biotechnology, Economics, Water Science and Governance)||The candidate needs to have a Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering from a recognized university.|
|MBA (Business Sustainability, Infrastructure)||The candidate needs to have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. The candidate needs to have a valid score in CAT/MAT/GMAT/CMAT/XAT.|
|LLM (Environment and Natural Resources Law; and Infrastructure and Business Law)||The candidate needs to have a degree in LLB/B.L. from a recognized university.|
|M.Tech (Renewable Energy Engineering and Management, Water Resource Engineering and Management, Urban Development and Management)||The candidate needs to have a degree in B.Tech. from a recognized university.|
|M.A. (Sustainable Development Practice, Public Policy, and Sustainable Development)||The candidate needs to have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.|
- PG Diploma and Certificate Course in Water Science and Governance.
- The university also offers Ph.D. programmes in various specializations.
For more information on Teri University Fee Structure
The university offers certificate, diploma, postgraduate and doctoral courses in various disciplines. Admissions at TERI University to these courses are conducted every year
- Admissions will be based on the basis of marks scored in the qualifying degree, online test and interview conducted by the University.
- The online test will be one-hour long and will consist of one paper with 100 multiple-choice questions.
- The questions will be divided into three sections:
- Proficiency in English
- Analytical Reasoning
Note: This would be followed by an interview. (Wrong answers will invite negative marking.)
For more information click hereTERI University Admission
The placement cell at TERI University was established with the aim of exploring placement opportunities at an institutional level. There is a constant interaction between classroom training and on-job training which helps in preparing the students for the corporate world. The cell organizes pre-placement talks which help in bringing prospective employers to the campus.
Top recruiters include HCL Foundation, TATA Consultancy Services, CII, UNDP, Infosys, Louis Berger, Schneider Electric, KPMG, Panacea Biotech, EY, Idam, Shakti, etc.
TERI SAS students undergo training and internships with government, multilateral and multinational agencies as a part of their academic curriculum.
For more information onTERI University Placements
TERI SAS International Collaborations
TERI has entered into MoUs with several international universities aimed at facilitating a mutually beneficial exchange of students, faculty, knowledge, etc. Some of these institutes are-
- The University of the West Indies, Kingston, Jamaica
- University of Iceland
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, Munich
- Concordia University, Canada
- University of Technology, Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Faculty of Graduate Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenapura, Sri Lanka
TERI SAS Scholarships
The university offers limited no. of scholarships so that students strive for both academic and professional excellence. They are offered on the basis of both means and merit.Existing scholarships are competitively awarded. The following principles are taken into account while preparing the merit list of selected students:
|Gross annual household income||-|
|Marks obtained in the undergraduate course converted into a percentage of total marks||20%|
|Relevant score from NET/GATE/CAT/MAT/GMAT in percentile||20%|
|Interview (Marks out of 100)||20%|
Note: An income declaration by the self-employed parents/guardians, stating definite income from all sources by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper. Employed parents/guardians are required to obtain income certificate from their employer and for any additional income from other sources, they would furnish declaration by way of an affidavit on non-judicial stamp paper.
For more information on TERI University Scholarships, click here.
Hostel at TERI:
Teri SAS has a hostel facility exclusively for women. The hostel is spacious and well-furnished, with comfortable single and double rooms with attached bathrooms. It has energy-efficient features installed in the rooms as part of the 'Green campus’.
- Round-the-clock security guards with electronic surveillance.
- Recreational room where students can watch television.
- Recreational room to play carom and chess.
- Music Room
- Basketball playing area
- Table-Tennis room
The Deemed University also has a well-stocked library, basketball court, table tennis room and special digital resources library.
The Deemed University has six active clubs (a) Dramatics Club, (b) Elocution Club, (c) Eco-Club, (d) Sports Club, (e) Music and Dance Club and (f) Media and Photography Club.
- Dramatics Club: Students engage in activities like street plays, drama to spread awareness about environmental issues and sustainability.
- Elocution Club: Is primarily formed to hone skills of students in public speaking, confidence building and overall personality development. Debates, quizzes, JAM sessions, poetry recitation, writing etc. are some of the activities, which students undertake.
- Eco-Club: organizes and celebrates environment-related events and activities, such as 'No Plastic Day,' ‘Earth Day,’ ‘International Youth Day’, tree plantation drive etc.
- Sports Club: The intra-university Sports Meet is an annual sports extravaganza organized by the TERI SAS's Sports Club. It's a two week long event, which includes sports like badminton, table tennis, cricket, athletics, volleyball, football, basketball and carom. All the sports events take place in the Deemed University premises except cricket and athletics, which are held in TERI Gram, Gual Pahadi, Gurgaon. This helps foster healthy sportsman spirit amongst students.
- Music and Dance Club: This club encourages artistic pursuits and promotes talent of the students. It regularly organizes musical performances by students and artistes from outside. It helps develop and hone students' interest in music and traditional / contemporary dance forms.
- Media and Photography Club: This club helps in creating awareness about the TERI SAS activities and its philosophy to the world outside.
- Social Cause Club: This club was set up with the initiative of students of TERI SAS to promote community participation and work towards social cause. In 2016, students organized clothes donation camp where not only students but all staff members of TU donated clothes for underprivileged children. The proceeds were given to an NGO. In April 2017 students organized blood donation camp in association with the Rotary Club. Many students and staff members of TERI SAS came forward and donated blood.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell (EDC): This cell emerged from the ‘Ideation Club’ of the University. EDC has been established to promote the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship among the students of the TERI SAS. Skill building, experience sharing and networking programmes are a regular feature of this cell.