Auro University, Surat provides numerous Undergraduate and Postgraduate Executive programs in Management, Law, Design, Arts and Mass Communication such as BBA, BJMC, MBA, LLM, etc. The University itself conducts entrance exam for all regular courses and also accepts National level entrance exams like CAT, AIMA UGAT, etc.
Auro University Highlights
|Entrance Exam||University-level: Auro University Entrance Test|
National-level: CAT, AIMA UGAT, CLAT, ATMA, LSAT, and XAT.
|Types of Programs ||UG, PG, Diploma, and M.Phil/ Ph.D. |
|Mode of Registration||Online|
Auro University Recognitions and Awards
|Recognitions/ Awards||Ranking Body||Year|
|Best University in Hospitality Management||EPICURUS||2017|
|Torchbearer Institution of Indian Tourism||Think India|
|One Bronze ||Christ University|
|Two Gold, One Sliver, and Three Bronze||Hospitality Ensemble|
|One Gold, One Silver, and Three Bronze||2016|
|Hall of Fame in Hospital Management||-|
|Best University in the use of Technological Teaching||CCI Tech.||2013|
Auro University Courses
Auro University offers B.A., BBA., MBA, LL.M., Executive, PG Diploma Programs, etc in various specializations. Below is the brief of the courses with eligibility and duration
|Business||BBA in Marketing, HR, Finance, IB, and Taxation||3 Years||Intermediate graduates in any disciplines with a minimum of 50% in total aggregate|
|BBA + PGD in Family Business and, Finance Markets||3 + 1 Years|
|B.Com||3 Years||Intermediate graduate from Commerce background with at least 50%|
|B.Com + Certificate in Accountancy||3 + 1 Years |
|MBA in Marketing, HR, Finance, and IB||2 Years||Graduates in any course with at least 50%|
|PG Diplomas in Family Business, Business Analytics, and, Finance Markets||1 Year|
|Ph.D. in Business Management||3.5 Years||Master degree in the relevant field.|
|Hospitality Management||B.Sc. in Hospitality Management||3 Years||Intermediate graduate from Science background with at least 50%|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. in Hospitality Management||5 Years|
|M.Sc. in Tourism ||4 Years||B.Sc. graduates in tourism with at least 50%|
|Design||B.Des in Space Designing, Textile, and Design Communication||4 Years||Intermediate graduates in Science with at least 50%|
|B.Des + Masters in Space Design||5 Years|
|Law||BA + LLB||5 Years||Intermediate graduates in any disciplines with a minimum of 50% in total aggregate|
|BBA + LLB|
|Arts, Journalism, and Mass Communication||BA (Journalism)||3 Years|
|Bachelor of Journalism and Mass Communication||1 Year|
|BA (Prog)||3 Years|
|BA (Prog) + Hons ||4 Years|
|BA + MA||3 + 2 Years|
|Diploma in Photography||1 Year|
|Master of Journalism + Mass Communication||1 + 1 Years||BJMC or BA Journalism graduate with at least 50%
Check:Auro University Courses and Fees
Auro University Admissions
Candidates seeking admission to any of the programs mentioned above must register themselves on the official website. The mode of registration and application is online.
The selection of the candidates is based on merit in several entrance exams. Candidates are requested to register on the exam website as well. Below is given the brief of qualifying exams:
Know More: Auro University Raipur Admissions 2019
Auro University Scholarship
The University offers scholarships and financial aids, to meritorious students enrolled in the different degree programs of the university.
- For a B.Sc. Program in Hospitality Management or a B.B.A. financial aid is provided who have managed to score over 60% but less than 75% on their boards. Scholarships are provided for those who have secured above 85% in their board examinations. They need to pay 25% less of the tuition fee.
- For pursuing an MBA or master’s degree in business administration, financial aid is provided to those who have scored above 50% in their graduation. The aid entails a 15% waiver on the tuition fee amount
Check: Auro University Scholarship
Auro University Raipur Placements
At Auro University, there is a distinguished Placement Cell which keeps a note on students activities and organizes some certain programs for the placement interested students to support them in every possible manner via various means such as internship & live project opportunities, career guidance, counseling, Placements, Students’ Development and many more like them.
Check: Auro University Raipur Placements
Auro University Facilities
There are certain hostel facilities with twin sharing rooms featuring suite-style rooms, social interaction Cafeteria serving hygienic and nutritious food via Tuck Shop and Cafe, stationary with all academic and non-academic books, fine dining restaurant, sports facilities for volleyball, basketball, cricket, hockey, badminton, football, athletics, etc. Indoor games such as billiards, table-tennis, chess, carom, world-class gymnasium, designated spaces for music, arts, theatre and many more. There is a shuttle service also available for the students, faculty and staff members for escaping from the heavy crowd of the city.
Auro University Faculties
Prof. Sudhir Andrews
- Designation: Adjunct Professor
- Qualification: Graduate from Stephen’s College and MBA from IIM Ahmedabad
- Achievements: Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award, Best Citizen of India, International Intellectual Achievement Award, Sri Ram Award, etc
Prof. Sachidananda Mohanty
- Designation: Adjunct Professor
- Qualification: BA, MA, Ph.D.
- Contributions: 27 books published in English and Odia in areas of Postcolonial and Women Studies.
Dr. Lakshmi Arya
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: BA, MA, Ph.D., and Post-Doctoral Scholar
- Published journals and thesis on rape was during the British Wars.
- A Fellow member of SOAS and IIAS
Dr. Surendra Sundararajan
- Designation: Associate Professor
- Qualification: BA, MA, and Ph.D. in Economics
- Achievements: Awarded as Best Teacher in Financial Management
Check: Auro University Faculty
About Auro University
It is a Private University located in Surat City of southern Gujarat. It was founded by the Gujarat Act No. 25 of October 2011. It has been developed and promoted by the JHM group of hotels which has earned a reputation of excellence for itself over the last three decades in building the infrastructure of a high standard in various parts of Surat. The courses are offered by many constituent schools such as the School of Business, School of Information Technology, etc.
Auro University Top Collaborations
- University of Northampton
- Universita di Roma
- Universita Degli Studi Di Torino
- San Diego State University
- International Management Institute, Switzerland
- Surati iLAB
Auro University FAQs
Ques: Where will be an Interview for admission? Will it be at other states or at the University Campus?
Ans: Candidates seeking admission in MBA, PGDM, LLM, and Ph.D. programs will have to appear for Personal Interview (PI) after satisfying the eligibility. Interviews will be organized by and at the University Campus. If there is a change in the venue pf the PI round, the same will be informed to the students on their registered contact details.
Ques: Is Auro University accredited by AICTE?
Ans: AICTE does not accredit universities/ institutions. Accreditation is performed by the AICTE-established National Board of Accreditation (NBA). Another organ for accreditation, called the UGC's National Assessment & Accreditation Committee, accredits universities. The university is accredited by UGC.
Ques: What is the procurement for girls’ residences on Campus?
Ans: A separate hostel with access-controlled entrance and exit is reserved for girl students. All hostels have full-time round-the-clock guards and security personnel. Without a Warden exit pass, Hostel Students can not leave the campus.
Ques: If a student, after paying the fee wants to defer registration till the next semester or the next academic year, is she/he allowed to do so?
Ans: Candidate can follow suitable solutions:
1. If a student has requested deferment after the start of the first semester, the student must apply to the University authorities for permission.
2. If the candidate has paid fees and seeks the deferment before the semester starts, he can get his fees refunded as per the Admission rules. Candidates then can apply afresh for admission in the same year.