Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University (SDAU) is an agricultural university offering Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in the streams of Dairy Food & Technology, Agriculture, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Home Science & Nutrition, Horticulture, Biotechnology, and Food Safety & Quality Assurance, etc. Admission to the same is entrance-based and the scores accepted are JEE Main and GUJCET.
|Established | Type||1972 | State|
|Approved by||ICAR and UGC|
|Courses offered||UG and PG|
|Entrance Exam||Gujarat Common Entrance Exam (GUJCET) and JEE Mains|
|Application mode | Fee||Online | INR 1,000|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Auditoriums, Laboratories, Veterinary Clinic, etc|
|Official Website | Contact||www.sdau.edu.in | (02748) 27822|
Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University offers UG and PG courses in the fields of agriculture to students. Given below are some details for the same:
|B.V.Sc & A.H||
For PG Courses
- Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University also offers PG courses in M.Sc (Master in Science) and MBA (Master in Business Administration). There are three fields in M.Sc such as Agriculture, Home Science & Nutrition and Horticulture, whereas in MBA there is only one field known as MBA in Agriculture Business.
- SDAU Admissions take place on the basis of graduation 60% marks for general and 55% for reserved categories for M.Sc courses and Bachelor's degree in agriculture and allied science for MBA.
- Candidates interested in PG courses are also required to undergo entrance tests and in addition to graduation results, merit lists will also be prepared.
Click here SDAU Courses and Fee
Admissions at Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University is entrance-based. Students are required to present JEE Main and GUJCET exam scores for the UG admissions. For PG admission, applicants need to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the university. The final selection of the students is based on the merits obtained in the relevant exams.
How to apply?
- The application process for admission at SDAU is online.
- Applicants are required to fill an online application form available on the official website of the university.
- Along with the application form, a fee of INR 1000 is charged for general category students and INR 500 for SC/ ST students.
Check SDAU Admissions
SDAU Top recruiters
Companies from the Agricultural sector, the Solar sector, and Agribusiness visit SDAU to recruit students who are industry-ready and groomed in the required skills. Given below are some of the top recruiters from each sector:
|Jain Irrigation||Veracity Energy||Syngenta India|
|Ruchi Soya industry||G life Indian Developer and Coloniser||Krishi Rasayan Export pro. Ltd|
|GSFC -Baroda||Vishaka Irrigation Ltd||Ceptanpuni Plast Company|
|Krushi Rasayan Pvt. Ltd||ENVISION Environmental Services||BASF|
|Gokul Resources Ltd||Biman Overseas Pvt. Ltd||Manisha Marketing Pro Ltd|
|Krishidhan Seeds Pvt. Ltd||Euro Solar Pvt. Ltd||Mahindra Finance|
SDAU offers scholarships to deserving students who have performed well in their studies. There are five types of scholarships such as:
- UG Fellowship
- PG Fellowship
- National Talent Scholarship (ICAR)
- Netaji Subhas Fellowship
- C.M. Scholarship
Ques. How many schools are there in SDAU?
Ans. There are a total of 10 colleges under SDAU which are as follows:-
- Shri G.N. Patel College of Dairy Technology
- College of Food Technology
- C.P. College of Agriculture
- College of Agriculture at Tharad
- College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- ASPEE College of Home Science
- College of Agri-Business Management
- College of Horticulture
- College of Basic Science & Humanities
- College of Renewable Energy & Environmental Engineering
Ques. How is the Ph.D. program at the college?
Ans. Sardarkrushinagar Dantiwada Agricultural University also offers Doctoral programs in various research fields such as Agriculture, Home Science & Nutrition, Horticulture, and Veterinary. For admission in Ph.D., the candidate must have completed his/her Masters with 65% marks for general and 60% for reserved categories. They will need to appear in an entrance test conducted by University. A merit list is prepared on the basis of last degree result and common entrance test on a 50:50 weight.
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for seats?
Ans. The reservation criteria for seat allocation is as follows:
- General Reservation: The university has reserved 7% seats for SC, 15% for ST, 27% for SEBC, and 5% for Physically challenged candidates. A valid certificate is to be produced which shows that s/he does not belong to the creamy layer.
- Reservation for ICAR candidates: 25% of the total number of seats are reserved for out-state candidates nominated by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (for postgraduate courses on the basis of All India Entrance Test)
Ques. What are the facilities available for students at SDAU?
Ans. SDAU provides various facilities to students such as Auditorium, ATIC, Hostels, Veterinary clinic, Residential quarters, Swimming pool, Open Air Theatre, Aquarium, Post office, Wi-Fi, CAITC, Library, Laboratories, M & E Cell, SSK, Sports Complex, Cafeteria, Health centers, etc.
Ques. How is SDAU?
Ans. The university provides great opportunities in diverse fields to students. The SDAU has a top reputation among the learning and farming community owing to its multidimensional contribution towards education, research, and extension in the field of agriculture and allied sciences. In this era of education with the competition, this university provides you with all the necessary equipment, research opportunities, and many more things.