Veer Narmad South Gujrat University is a semi-urban University established under South University Act, 1965 passed by Gujarat State Legislative Assembly. It was renamed as Veer Narmad South Gujarat University in the year 2004 after the Gujarat Poet Veer Narmad.
- It became functional from the year 1966 and was declared as a University on 23 May 1967. It received recognition by the University Grants Commission in 1968 and helps the students in seven districts and one Union Territory.
- The seven districts are Narmada, Valsad, Dangs, Navsaari, Surat, Bharuch and Tapi with Daman (Union Territory). The University is located on Udhana-Magdalla road in Surat, South Gujarat.
- The University has 78 Grant-in- aid Colleges, 129 selves- financed Colleges and 87 post-graduate teaching centers attached to affiliated colleges. There 17 Post-Graduate Departments on the University Campus that give specialized courses including self-financed programs.
- The Faculty has 99 permanent teachers and 328 non-teaching staff. The University has 17 departments in which around 3000 students study on campus.
- The University offers Science, Arts, Engineering, Management, Commerce courses etc. spreading across all disciplines.
- The Departments of Computer Science, Rural Studies, RMSS & HRD, Chemistry, M.Sc. (I.T) and Mass Communication & Journalism have independent models.
Facts & Figures:
CMAT (for MBA)
Girls and Boys
How to Reach
10 Km away from Surat Railway Station
VNSGU Course Structure:
The state-of-the-art campus with modern teaching and research facilities offers innovative, career-oriented programs for both the Under Graduate and Post Graduate levels, matching the requirements of the industry. Here is a basic overview of the departments present at the University.
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Architecture
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Computer Science & IT
- Faculty of Rural Studies
VNSGU Fee Structure:
For more information click here: Fee Details
Departments such as the Department of Business and Industrial Management, Computer Science, Economics, Human Resource Development enable students to secure jobs with leading companies. Extension of the State Government Employment Exchange is also functional on the campus.
For more information click here: Placements Details
- NAAC credited the university with a B++ ranking.
- The MCA program ranks among the top five computer application program able in Gujarat.