Bahra University (BU), Shimla is a multi-disciplinary university, was established in 2011 by State Legislature of Himachal Pradesh Act No. 2 of 2011. The university is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) under section 22 of the UGC Act 1956 and Bar Council of India (BCI). Bahra University offers undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses in the field of Engineering, Management, Hospitality & Tourism, Law, Pharmacy, Basic-Sciences, and Physiotherapy.
Bahra University Highlights
Bahra University Courses
Bahra University provides a vast range of undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses in multiple streams. The university runs its courses in the following schools.
Schools under Bahra University:
- School of Management – BBA, MBA, B.Com, and M.Com
- School of Engineering – B.Tech, M.Tech, BCA, and MCA
- School of Physiotherapy – BPT
- School of Law – LLB, LLM, BA LLB
- School of Pharm Sciences – B.Pharmacy and M.Pharmacy
- School of Basic Sciences – M.Sc. and MA
- School of Hospitality and Tourism – BHM, BTTM, and MTTM
Also, check Bahra University Courses and Fee Structure
Bahra University Admission
To be eligible for admission to undergraduate courses, applicants should have passed class 12 in relevant discipline with at least 50% marks while for postgraduate courses, students need a graduate degree in a required stream from a recognized university or institute. The selection is done on the basis of marks obtained in last qualifying exams while for few courses, students need to appear for an entrance exam.
10+2 from a recognized state with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics with at least 45% marks
JEE Main/ HPCET marks
Passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/ Mathematics
B.Tech or AMIE degree with minimum 50% marks
HPCET/ GATE score
Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks
Bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST)
MAT/ CAT/ CMAT/ HPCET score
B.Pharm with at least 50% marks
GPAT/ HPCET score
Bahra University Placements
Bahra University has a separate cell for campus placement called Career Development Cell. The cell is managed by the team of professionals and experts. The Career Development Cell acts as an interface between the students and the corporate world to initiate continuous interaction with the industry. The university has great placement record, in the academic year 2017, total 193 students were placed in well-reputed companies.
- 14 students get placed in Tech Mahindra
- Highest Package for Management & Engineering Students: 25 LPA
- 26 students of Pharmacy and 4 students of BDS got placed at IDS Infotech in a campus placement drive
- 70 students got placed and more than 20 were shortlisted by the companies in placement drive conducted are RBU campus
- More than 350+ companies have visited RBU Campus for placement drive
- Recruiting Companies: Cvent, Reliance Digital, VIVO, HCL, Radisson, Infotel, Wipro, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Bajaj, Flipkart, Amul, Indusind Bank, HDFC Bank and many more.
Also, check Bahra University Placement
Bahra University Awards & Recognitions
- Rayat Bahra University has been awarded as ‘Best Progressive University for promoting Industry-Academic Interface’ by ASSOCHAM in 2016.
- It has also been awarded as ‘Best Innovation Private University’ by Digital Learning World Educational Summit 2016.
- FWA National Enclave & Educational Leadership Awards in 2017
- RBU has been awarded as ‘Dental College of the year 2015’ by Silicon India Magazine
- RBUs Institute of Engineering and Technology has been Ranked 2nd in the Top Prominent Engineering Colleges of India by CSR-GHRDC Engineering College Survey in 2014
Bahra University Scholarships
Bahra University Solan Campus offers scholarships in various categories on the basis of Merit in Undergraduate and postgraduate courses.A large number of scholarships and concessions is offered by RBU to meritorious, deserving and needy students to help them aim for higher education.
Read more: Bahra University Scholarships