Established by the Government of Himachal Pradesh in 2012, the Career Point University, Hamirpur provides courses in the field of Engineering and technology, Computer Application and IT, Basic and Applied Sciences, Business & Managements, Vocational and Legal Studies. CPU is UGC approved and has 16 departments and 10 research areas.
Admissions to courses are both merit and entrance based. Selections are also based on National/State level Entrance Test under the criteria fixed by HP Govt.
The college has been awarded with various awards including Bharat Gaurav Award 2017 and Himachal Rattan Award. The University has about 1500 students and over 100 teaching or supporting staff at the college campus.
Career Point University, Hamirpur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2012 | Government|
|Set by||Government of Himachal Pradesh|
|Approved by||AIU | BCI | PCI | UGC | NCTE|
|Entrance exam||CAT/ MAT/ JEE Main/ HPTU Entrance exam|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, Diploma and Ph.D|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, Aditya Birla Capital, ICICI Bank, Cognizant|
|Campus Area||30 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
|Official Website||CPU Hamirpur|
Career Point University, Hamirpur Courses
The details for various courses offered by The Career point University are as follows:
The institute also provides admissions to various other courses such as BCA, MCA, Ph.D etc.
Read More: CPU Courses & Fees
Career Point University, Hamirpur Admissions
The admission for various programs at Career Point University are both merit and entrance based.
- Admissions to B.Tech courses are based on JEE Mains or HPTU Entrance exam whereas admissions to MBA are based on CAT/MAT scores.
- Admissions to other UG courses such as BA, BBA, B.Sc etc are merit based.
- Admissions to other PG courses such as MA, M.Com, MCA etc are merit based.
How to apply?
- Apply online by downloading the application form from the official university website and fill the necessary details.
- Pay the application fee online
- Send the completed application form with Demand draft of RS. 1000 In favour of Career Point University-Hamirpur payable to the admission office address as Career Point UniversityBhoranj (Tikker - Kharwarian),Hamirpur, [H.P] - 176041
- Application form can also be obtained from the City Office or from the Campus, by cash payment of RS. 1000.
Read More: CPU Admission
Career Point University, Hamirpur Placements
The college has a separate placement cell which ensures placement in all the fields of application. Utmost importance is given to the placement related activities to ensure that all successful students receive suitable placements. Mock interviews and soft skills training is provided before the formal placements. Some of the companies include Tech Mahindra, Axis Bank, Justdial, Johnson & Johnson.
Read More: CPU Placement
Career Point University, Hamirpur Scholarships
The institute offers Scholarship and financial support to students based on their time of admission and other criteria as the scores obtained in entrance exams. For BCA, BBA, Diploma(HM) B.Com, B.Sc(IT), BSc, PGDCA, PGDBM, M.Com, MSc (Maths), LLM, MSc(IT), DCA, MA, BA. programs rebate in tuition fee is upto INR 4,000. For B.Tech, M. Tech, MBA, M.Sc (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Pharmaceutical Chemistry), BA. , LLB, MCA, BHMCT, B.Pharm, D.Pharm, B.Sc Forestry, M.Sc Hotel Management, M.Sc Medicinal Microbiology, rebate in tuition fee is upto INR 7,000. For M.Tech and MBA students, scholarship is awarded on the basis of the percentage of marks in the Qualifying Exam.
Read More: CPU Scholarships
Career Point University, Hamirpur Facilities
The college has various facilities for both Academic and Non-academic activities. Some of them are:
- Theory Classrooms with AV systems.
- Practical labs with fully equipped latest machines.
- Computer Labs with more than 200 functional computers.
- English Language Lab for basic and Advanced Communication courses through computerized learning suite.
- Library provides a vast collection of Journals and reference books by Indian and International Authors.
- Sports facilities for games like Cricket, volleyball, basketball, table tennis etc.
- Multipurpose Auditorium for regular presentations, seminars, workshops, expert talks and other activities.
Read More: CPU Facilities
Career Point University, Hamirpur Faculty
The Career Point University has a total of 111 teachers holding a valid degree of masters of Ph.D. In their domain as teaching staff under different departments and a total of 49 members as Non- teaching staff who look into different positions as Lab assistants, Library assistants and many more.
Read More: CPU Faculty
Career Point University, Hamirpur FAQs
Ques. Does the Career Point University provide any Hostel facilities?
Ques. Do the students have to appear in any entrance exam for the admissions to Career Point University?
Ques. What are some key features of Career Point University?
Ques. Does Career Point University encourage any extra-curricular activities?
Ques. How are the research facilities at Career Point University?