Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidyalaya is an agricultural university at Palampur in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It was established on 1 November 1978 as an expansion of the existing College of Agriculture established in May 1966. Hill agriculture is the focus of this university. The university is accredited by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR). The college offers undergraduate courses for B. Tech in various disciplines. The college also offers a 2-year programme for M.SC and M.V.SC under different specialisations. It is ranked 11th amongst 75 ICAR Universities of India.
The eligibility for getting an admission in B.Sc. (Hons) Agriculture is 10+2/Intermediate/ Higher Secondary/Equivalent examination with least 50% marks. The eligibility for getting an admission in B.V.Sc. % A.H., is at least 50% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as the main subjects.
There are special provisions awarded to candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/in-service sections, up to 5% to 10% in the aggregate marks.
CSK HPKV Highlights
|Established | Institute type||1978 I Public|
|Accredited By||Indian Council of Agricultural Research|
|Entrance Exam||CSKHPKV Entrance Test|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc., M. Sc, M.V.SC, Ph. D, B. tech, B.V. Sc|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, B.V.Sc|
|Application Mode||Online and Offline|
|Admission Criteria||Counselling sessions in the order of merit on the basis of category|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Sports facilities, Library, Laboratory, and workshop,|
CSK HPKV Courses
The institute offers UG, PG, and Doctoral Programs in various disciplines of Agriculture. It has disciplinary centres being College of Agriculture, Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Home Science and Basic Sciences under which the students are admitted.
|Course||Duration||Eligibility Criteria||Specializations||Selection Criteria|
|B. Tech||4 years||10+2 (PCM/ PCMB)||Food Technology||Merit of the Entrance Test conducted by the University|
|B. Sc.||3 years (4 years for community Sciences)||10+2||Physical Sciences||Entrance test|
|BV.Sc. & AH||5 years||10+2||Agriculture||Entrance based|
|M.Sc.||2 years||B.Sc or any other equivalent degree||Agricultural Biotechnology||Admitted on the basis of Entrance Test|
|Genetics & Plant Breeding|
|Seed Science & Technology|
|Soil Science Vegetable Science|
|M.V.SC||2 years||65% marks at graduation level||Animal Nutrition||Entrance Examination and Merit in Qualifying examination|
|Animal Reproduction & Gynecology|
|Vet. Surgery and Radiology|
|Ph.D||4 years||M.V. Sc or M.Sc. in the concerned subject||Agronomy||Merit based|
|Genetics & Plant|
|Horticulture (Vegetable Science)|
|Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry|
Read more: CSK HPKV Courses and Fees
CSK HPKV Admission
The college offers admission to various UG, PG and doctoral courses related to agriculture and life sciences. Admission to some of the courses is granted through merit such as B.Sc, B.Tech and Doctoral programmes and for some the scores of entrance exams are considered for instance B.VSc and A.H., M.Sc, M.VSc.
How to Apply ?
- The students have to apply through an online process.
- Visit the official website of the college to register for admission.
- Carefully fill in the application form and attach all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee via the stated gateway for successfully registering for the entrance examination.
- Download the application form from the official website of the college.
- Fill the form correctly.
- Carefully attach all the self-attested documents as mentioned above.
- Either post all the documents or submit them in person
Read more: CSK HPKV Admission 2020
CSK HPKV Scholarship
The University provides many Scholarships to the students. These are provided under various categories such as state and centre sponsored scholarships, scholarships for students with disabilities, CSKHPKV Scholarships. Some of them are listed below:
- College Merit Scholarship: INR 600 which is provided to Top 10% of the UG Students
- National Talent Scholarship: INR 2000 for students through AIEEA
- R.S. Amin Chand Memorial Scholarship: INR 1500 on Merit-cum-means basis
- Amar Shaheed Capt. Sourabh Kalia memorial scholarship: INR 600 given on Merit basis
- Internship allowance- Rs.4500 for one semester for internship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship- Rs.16000 awarded to SC/ST PhD candidates on the basis of merit
- Parijat Industries scholarship- Rs.2500 for the student must who have secured at least 70% marks in B.Sc. and the annual income of the parents not more than 3.00 lakh
- Baijnath Aggarwal Memorial Merit Scholarship- Rs.2000 awarded to low family income candidate on merit basis
Read more: CSK HPKV Scholarship
CSK HPKV Facilities
The college provides all the basic facilities to its students. Many of them are mentioned below:
- Six laboratories
- Cold Chambers
- Wi-Fi facility
- Common Room
CSK HPKV Faculty
With a very experienced batch of faculty working towards overall development of Students, the cooperative and helpful staff at CSKHPKV provides an extensive learning environment. Bases under the guidance of Dr. Suresh K Gautam, the university head, and Dr.S.C. Negi principal scientist, the students are given a learning atmosphere by professors who have highly dignified degrees worldwide like U.S.A. and Japan.
Read more: CSK HPKV Faculty
CSK HPKV FAQs
Ques. What is the cut-off for a BVSC and AH for the general category for CSKHPKV?
Ques. What is the average package of a B. Tech in CSKHPKV Palampur?
Ques. What is the exam pattern of the CSKHPKV Himachal Pradesh veterinary entrance test?
Ques. How is the hostel facility at CSKHPKV Palampur?
Ques. What is the reservation criteria for the students getting admission in the Chaudhary Sarwan Kumar Himachal Pradesh Krishi Vishwavidyalaya?