Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) is a non-profit university located in Shimla. It was established in the year 1970. HPU is being ranked by the NIRF in the University Rank-band (151-200) for the three consecutive years, i.e., 2020, 2019, and 2018.
Himachal Pradesh University is inviting online applications for PhD Programme 2020-21 in 20 departments. Applicants need to have a Master’s Degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks (or equivalent grade B as per UGC 7-point scale). The last date for submitting the application form is February 10, 2021. Entrance Test will be held out 80 marks on February 26, 2021. Check Here
HP University offers programs in the streams of Law, Management, Science, Commerce, Engineering, etc. The programs offered by the university include MBA, B.Ed, BA, M.Sc, B.Sc, B.Tech, LLB, B.Com, BHM, MCA, BCA, BJMC, B.P.Ed, LLM, MA, BFA, etc. Admission to the university is both merit and entrance-based. HPU has postponed the Entrance Exam dates for PhD Admission 2020-21. HPU PhD Entrance Exam 2020-21 will now be conducted on March 10, 2021. HPU has released revised B.Ed. Vacancy Report for B.Ed Admission 2020-21 after 3rd Round of Counselling. Candidates can visit the official website to check the detailed vacancy report of B.Ed Admission.
The candidates are required to appear for the NEET UG exam for BDS and MBBS admission, the university entrance exam for LL.M, M.Sc., MCA, M.Tech., MMC, MA (English, Social work, Sociology) admissions, and HPU MAT for the MBA admissions. Graduates from the university are placed in top-companies such as Tech Mahindra, HP, CITRIX, Cognizant, Wipro, TCS, iGATE, etc.
Click here HPU Affiliated colleges
Himachal Pradesh University Important Dates
Merit List Display (First Counselling)
January 13, 2021
Allotted colleges reporting (First Counselling)
January 14, 2021 - January 17, 2021
Choice filling (Second Counselling)
January 21, 2021 - January 22, 2021
List Display (Second Counselling)
January 23, 2021
Allotted colleges reporting (Second Counselling)
January 24, 2021 - January 27, 2021
Choice filling (Third Counselling)
January 30, 2021 - February 2, 2021
List Display (Third Counselling)
February 3, 2021
Allotted colleges reporting (Third Counselling)
February 4, 2021 - February 6, 2021
|Established | Type||1970 | State|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, and Doctoral|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Accepted exam scores||HPU MAT, University Entrance Test, NEET-UG, and AIAPGET|
- Himachal Pradesh University is ranked in University Rank-band (151-200) 2020.
- Earlier too, The university was ranked in University Rank-band (151-200), 2019.
Himachal Pradesh University Courses
There are several courses offered by HPU at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
|B.Sc Nursing (Female Candidates only)||Intermediate Graduate with 45% marks with PCB and English.||Entrance Test|
|BBA||Intermediate Graduate with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)||Entrance Test + GD + PI|
|BCA||Intermediate Graduate with 40% marks (35% for SC/ST)||Entrance Test|
|BA. LL.B (Hons)||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)||Merit-based|
|B.Ed||Graduate with a minimum of 50% marks (OR) Master’s degree in Science/Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce with 55% marks||Entrance Test|
|MBBS/BDS||Intermediate graduate with PCB and a minimum of 50% marks||NEET UG score|
|BAMS||Intermediate graduate with PCB and a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST)|
|M.Sc Nursing||B.Sc. Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing /B. Sc Hons. Nursing trained with not less than 55% marks||Entrance Test conducted by H.P University|
|M.Com||B.Com/ B.Com (Hons) with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)|
|M.Ed||Graduation in B.Ed/ B.El.Ed/ D.El.Ed with 50% marks|
|M.A.||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)|
|MD/MS||BAMS degree of 5½ years with one year of internship||AIAPGET|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)||HPU MAT|
|MTTM||Entrance Test + GD + PI|
Read More: Himachal Pradesh University Fee Structure
Himachal Pradesh University Admission
Admissions at HPU Shimla are both merit and entrance-based.
- Candidates applying to BDS and MBBS courses are required to qualify in NEET-UG.
- B.Tech Regular and B.Tech (Lateral) admissions are based on the score in Entrance Test conducted by HPU and merit respectively.
- Admission to BBA, BCA, and BHM is based on merits obtained in the previous qualifying examination.
- HPU conducts an Entrance Exam to offer admission in LL.M, M.Sc., MCA, M.Tech., MMC, MA (English, Social work, Sociology) and postgraduate diploma courses.
- MBA seats will be allotted based on performance in HPUMAT followed by group discussion and personal interview rounds.
The reservation for admission in the university are as follows:
- 75% of seats are reserved for the candidates who are Himachal Pradesh Domicile. The remaining 25% of seats shall be open for all.
- 15% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of Himachal- Pradesh. 7.5% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes of the state.
- 5% of seats have reserved for persons with disabilities of Himachal Pradesh with a 40% disability.
- Two seats have been reserved for Single Girl Child candidate.
- Two seats shall be reserved for J&K Migrants.
Read More: Himachal Pradesh University Admission
The university offers placement assistance to the students for seeking the best job in the industry. Along with that, the college also provides training and career guidance services to shape the career of students by developing their personalities. The institute organizes various programs to enhance the skills of the students and to prepare them for upcoming challenges.
Check HPU Placement
Himachal Pradesh University has a number of scholarships available for the students. These are provided by both the State Government and Central Government. Below mentioned are the scholarships provided by the University:
Students Aid Fund: This scholarship is given to the poor students belonging to IRDP/BPL/Low-Income families enabling such students to continue their higher education at the university level.
Cultural Activists Scholarships: It is awarded to the 10 students who excel in academic and cultural activities in any of the departments of the University.
- Sports Scholarship: This Scholarship is awarded to the 16 students for the outstanding sportsmen/women of the Teaching Departments.
Also, Check HPU Scholarship
Himachal Pradesh University conducts exams in both semester format and annual format for different courses. HPU Result for Semester Exams, Annual Exams, and Entrance Exam results are announced online on the official website of the university.
How to check the HPU result?
- Visit the official website of Himachal Pradesh University (HPU).
- Click on the “Results” link
- Select the direct link to check UG, PG, the regular and private results for all courses.
- Select the course from the list of programs.
- Select the criteria- Name-wise or Roll Number-wise
- Enter the mandatory details
- Download the result.
Read More: HP University Result
HPU Distance Education
Himachal Pradesh Distance Education, also known, International Centre for Distance Education and Open Learning (ICDEOL), offers an MBA, BA, MA, PG Diploma, Diploma, M.Com, and M.Sc. IC DEOL admissions are made on the basis of merits obtained by the student in the previous qualifying examination.
Read More: HPU IC DEOL
Ques. Is transport facility available for HPU for students living in nearby areas?
Ans. Local transport facilities like buses (private/state government), trains, and University buses are available at short intervals from Summer Hill to the main town.
Ques. Is Hostel available at HPU?
Ans. Yes, Hostel facilities are available for students. There is separate accommodation for boys and girls.
Read More: Himachal Pradesh University Hostel Fees
Ques. Does HPU also offer courses in open learning mode?
Ans. Yes, HPU also offers courses in distance learning mode. Details of the program and eligibility can be checked at the university website.
Read More: HPU DDE
Ques. What are the reviews of HPU by the students?
Ans. According to a review of students from our website, we found the college to be of good reputation and excellent teaching faculty. Students also voted for nice infrastructure.
Read More: HP University Reviews
Ques. How can I fill the application form of HPU Shimla for admission?
Ans. To fill the application form for admission at HPU Shimla, the following are the steps involved:
- Click on the university website.
- Click on the course you want to apply for.
- Click on “ I agree to All the above terms and conditions”.
- The application form for the respective course will get displayed on the screen.
- Select the course name and fill the relevant information.
- After filling all the required information, click on the “Save” button and you will get the unique Registration number along with the password.
- Kindly note the registration number and its password
- Login with your registration number and password
- Fill the rest application form about your education and documents details.
- Kindly upload all the required documents.
- After uploading all the documents, click on the “Continue and Save button”.
- The application fee can be paid online, after filling out the application form.
- For this, click on “make payment”.
- Make the payment by choosing HDFC/ Cooperative Bank.
- Click on “continue for payment”
- Make the payment by choosing the payment option – debit card/credit card/net banking.
- After the payment is successfully made, click on “submit application form”.
- A print out of the completed application form and all educational documents should be submitted by the student, in person at the time of counseling.
Ques What is the HPU application fee?
Ans. The application fee at HPU varies from course to course:
- For BBA & BCA: INR 400 (General- Subsidized seats) and INR 900 (General- Non-Subsidized seats). For SC/ ST/ Antyodya/ IRDP: INR 250 (For Subsidized seats) and INR 900 (For Non-Subsidized seats).
- For M.Sc./ MA (Mathematics), LLB, MMC & PGDMC, MA Social Work & English, MA, M.Sc.: INR 700 (General) and INR 350 (SC/ ST/ Antyodya/ IRDP).
- For M.Ed., MABE, MA (Physical Education), M.P.Ed., MTTM, FYICTTM, MCA & M.Tech: INR 700 (General) and INR INR 350 (SC/ ST/ Antyodya/ IRDP).
- For MBA (RD), M.Sc. (Environmental Sciences), MFA, PGD in Disaster and Disaster Management: INR 700 (General) and INR INR 350 (SC/ ST/ Antyodya/ IRDP).
Ques. What are the required documents for the application form?
Ans. Documents required at the time application form filling is as follows:
- Scanned copy of applicant’s passport size photograph (Maximum Size - 100KB and Format JPEG/JPG)
- Scanned copy of applicant signature (Maximum Size - 100KB and Format JPEG/JPG, Use the black pen for signature)
- Scanned copy of applicant’s father/ mother signature (Maximum Size - 100KB and Format JPEG/JPG, Use the black pen for signature)
- Class X Mark sheet/ Certificate
- Class XII Mark sheet/ Certificate
- Graduation Mark Sheet
Ques. Which is the best B.Sc University in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh University is considered best to pursue B.Sc as compared to other universities in Himachal Pradesh. The university offers 24 specializations in B.Sc such as Nursing, Biotechnology, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Bioinformatics, Zoology, Nanotechnology, Information Technology, Chemistry, Astrophysics, Microbiology, Geology, Botany, Geography, Nutrition & Health, Astronomy, Biochemistry, Home Science, Computer Applications, Statistics, and Industrial Electronics. There are other top universities after HP University for B.Sc program:
Ques. What is the application fee for HPU MAT?
Ans. HPU MAT conducted by the Himachal Pradesh University Business School is a University Management Aptitude Test for MBA admissions. The application fee for HPU MAT is INR 1000 for the general candidates and INR 500 for category (ST/ SC) candidates.
Ques. What is the exam pattern for HPU MAT?
Ans. HPU MAT is a pen and paper test of a 2-hour duration. The question paper is divided into 4 parts comprising of 50 questions each, making 200 questions in total. Each question comprises of 1 mark and the paper is of 200 marks. The paper is divided into English comprehension, reasoning, business environment, and arithmetic comprehension and DI. There is no negative marking for any question.