Updated On - September 27th 2019 by PRATYASHA
Himachal Pradesh University (HPU) is a non-profit university located in Shimla. It was established in the year 1970. The state university is accredited with Grade ‘A’ by NAAC and has been recognized by UGC for excellence in Himalayan Studies. It is an affiliating university to 64 Govt. UG and PG colleges and 5 Govt. Sanskrit Colleges, 54 Govt-aided/ private colleges running UG and PG courses. HPU offers programs in streams in Law, Management, Science, Commerce, Engineering, etc. Admissions are done on the basis on the marks in the national level entrance exams.
Click here HPU Affiliated colleges
Himachal Pradesh University Highlights
|Type of Programs||UG, PG, and Ph.D.|
|Entrance Test||NEET UG, HPU MAT|
|Application Mode||Online |
Himachal Pradesh University Courses
There are several courses offered by HPU at the Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Research level. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
|B.Sc Nursing (Female Candidates only) ||Intermediate Graduate with 45% marks with PCB and English. ||Entrance Test |
|BBA||Intermediate Graduate with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)||Entrance Test + GD + PI|
|BCA||Intermediate Graduate with 40% marks (35% for SC/ST)||Entrance Test|
|BA. LL.B (Hons)||Intermediate graduate with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)||Merit-based|
|B.Ed||Graduate with a minimum of 50% marks (OR) Master’s degree in Science/Social Science/ Humanities/ Commerce with 55% marks||Entrance Test|
|MBBS/BDS||Intermediate graduate with PCB and a minimum of 50% marks||NEET UG score|
|BAMS||Intermediate graduate with PCB and a minimum of 50% marks (40% for SC/ST)|
|M.Sc Nursing||B.Sc. Nursing /Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing /B. Sc Hons. Nursing trained with not less than 55% marks||Entrance Test conducted by H.P University|
|M.Com||B.Com/ B.Com (Hons) with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)|
|M.Ed||Graduation in B.Ed/ B.El.Ed/ D.El.Ed with 50% marks|
|M.A. ||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 45% marks (40% for SC/ST)|
|MD/MS||BAMS degree of 5½ years with one year of internship||AIAPGET|
|MBA||Bachelor’s degree with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST)||HPU MAT|
|MTTM||Entrance Test + GD + PI|
The reservation for admission in the university are as follows:
- 75% of seats are reserved for the candidates who are Himachal Pradesh Domicile. The remaining 25% of seats shall be open for all.
- 15% seats are reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes of Himachal- Pradesh. 7.5% seats shall be reserved for candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes of the state.
- 5% of seats have reserved for person with disability of Himachal Pradesh with 40% disability.
- Two seats have been reserved for Single Girl Child candidate.
- Two seats shall be reserved for J&K Migrants.
Himachal Pradesh University Placement
The university offers placement assistance to the students for seeking the best job in the industry. Along with that, the college also provides training and career guidance services to shape the career of students by developing their personalities. The institute organizes various programs to enhance the skills of the students and to prepare them for upcoming challenges.
Check HPU Placement
Himachal Pradesh University Scholarship
Himachal Pradesh University has a number of scholarships available for the students. These are provided by both the State Government and Central Government. Below mentioned are the scholarships provided by the University:
- Students Aid Fund: This scholarship is given to the poor students belonging to IRDP/BPL/Low-Income families enabling such students to continue their higher education at the university level.
- Cultural Activists Scholarships: It is awarded to the 10 students who excel in academic and cultural activities in any of the department of the University.
- Sports Scholarship: This Scholarship is awarded to the 16 students for the outstanding sportsmen/women of Teaching Departments.
Also, Check HPU Scholarship