Sri Sai University (SSU) is a private university established in the year 2010 at Palampur, Himachal Pradesh. It offers a variety of Undergraduate, Post-graduate & Doctoral courses in fields such as Engineering and Technology, Management, Commerce, Applied Sciences, Computer Applications, Humanities, and Social sciences are available. The university has the word-class infrastructure and aims to provide quality education under a strong team of qualified faculty members.
SSU Palampur Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2010 | Private|
|Approved by||UGC, AICTE|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Merit and Entrance|
|Top Recruiters||Accenture, IBM, DELL, Airtel, IDEA|
|Campus Area||250 Hectares|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Canteen, Auditorium, Laboratory|
SSU Palampur Courses
The University offers several different UG, PG as well as Doctoral courses available across different streams:
|Department||UG Courses||PG and Doctoral Courses|
|Engineering & Technology||
|Management & Commerce||
|Humanities & Social Sciences||
Read more: SSU Palampur Courses and Fees
SSU Palampur Admissions
Admissions at Sri Sai University are offered through various entrance exams which are listed below in the tabulated form. However, candidates need to apply online through the official website of the University.
|B.Sc., M.Sc., BBA, B.Com, M.Com.||Merit-based|
|M.Phil, Ph.D.||Entrance exam/NET/SET|
|MBA||CAT/MAT/ Any other State/National Level Entrance Test|
|BHM, MCA||State/National Level Entrance Test|
|MCA (Lateral Entry)||Merit-based|
|BA, MA, BCA, B.Sc. IT||Merit-based|
|B.Pharmacy (Direct Entry)||National Level Entrance Test/HP-CET|
How to Apply?
- Go to the official website of Sri Sai University
- Click on “Admission Open 2020-21”
- Fill all the necessary details carefully and click on submit
- On successful registration, you will receive a username and password
- You will receive the registration no and other details on the registered phone number as well
- Use these details to log in to the admission portal of the University
- Fill the remaining details and choose subjects
- Upload all the relevant documents
Read more: SSU Palampur Admission
SSU Palampur Placements
Sri Sai University has a dedicated Career Development and Placement Cell that takes care of all the placements in the university. Placements are available for various courses, like MBA, MCA, BCA, and B.Tech. Apart from Placements, Sri Sai University also has several different training programs to boost employability and build skills.
Some of the major recruiters for the Engineering Discipline are Accenture, Fortis Hospital, Idea Cellular, Hero Cycles, IBM, Dell, Apollo, etc. On the other hand, the major recruiters for the Management courses include Aditya Birla Group, Aviva Group, HDFC Bank, Kotak Securities, Reliance Money, Tech Mahindra among others.
Read more: SSU Palampur Placements
SSU Palampur Scholarships
Sri Sai University has several different scholarships available for students across various categories. They are as follows:
- Full fees waived off if candidate scores higher than 95% in the qualifying exam, or AIR up 1500 in JEE(Main).
- 75% fees waived off if the candidate scores 90-94.99% in the qualifying exam or AIR 1501-2000 in JEE(Main).
- 50% fees waived off if the candidate scores 80-89.99% in the qualifying exam or AIR 2001-5000 in JEE(Main).
- 25% fees waived off if the candidate scores 70-79.99% in the qualifying exam or AIR 5001-10000 in JEE(Main).
- 15% fees waived off if the candidate scores 60-69.99% in the qualifying exam or AIR 10001-15000 in JEE(Main).
- A 25% fee concession will be given to candidates who have studied in Sri Sai Group of Institutions.
- A 50% fee concession is offered to girls studying in Sri Sai University.
- 50% fee concession for students belonging to SC/ST category.
- 25% concession offered to those with a brother/sister studying at Sri Sai University, Palampur.
Read more: SSU Palampur Scholarships
SSU Palampur Facilities
- Hostel Service: The Hostel Services offered by Sri Sai University, Palampur is very excellent. Salient features include Attached Bathrooms, 24x7 security, Uninterrupted Power Supply, ATM facility, Lawns, etc.
- Library: The Library is located in the central building and provides seating capacity for over 100 students at one time. The library has amassed a collection of over 4500 volumes of various books, reports, journals, and other academic content fully accessible to all the students.
- Sports Facility: The college campus has several courts built for various different sports and other activities. The courts include Basketball, Volleyball, Cricket, Football, table tennis, among others.
- Other Facilities:
Read more: SSU Palampur Hostel
SSU Palampur FAQs
Ques. Does SSU Palampur offer any diploma courses?
Ans. Yes, Sri Sai University offers two diplomas under the applied sciences department. Both are for a duration of one year, and one is an advanced diploma in Yoga and Naturopathy and the other is a diploma in Fire Technology and Safety.
Ques. How are the transportation facilities at SSU Palampur?
Ans. The University owns several small and large buses and cars for the transportation of students, both from the campus and the hostel. The buses ply from the university to Joginder Nagar, Shivnagar, Dharamshala, Gaggal, and Sujanpur.
Ques. What is the fee structure for the MBA program at SSU Palampur?
Ans. The proposed fee structure of the MBA program is INR 90,000 per semester. The fee has to be paid in two equal installments in the year. There are several scholarships available.
Ques. Is the fee structure for other courses affordable at SSU Palampur?
Ans. The fee structure for all the courses at Sri Sai University is comparable to most private universities in and around Palampur. There are several concessions and scholarships available to offset the fees, which can range between INR 30,000 to INR 90,000 per semester.
Ques. What are the facilities available at SSU Palampur for SC/ST’s?
Ans. Several concessions are available for SC/ST students. A 50% fee concession is availed for SC/ST students, and there is a 5% relaxation in the eligibility criteria for all the courses. Other reservations as per government directives are also available.