The University of Jammu or Jammu University was established in 1969 by an Act of the State Legislature which effectively split the Jammu and Kashmir University into the separate Universities of Jammu and Kashmir. Jammu University is approved by University Grants Commission (UGC) and is accredited with ‘Grade A’ by NAAC.
Jammu University Quick Updates
: All exams are postponed till April 14. Click Here to check the Date Sheet
|Courses|| UG, PG and PGDM|
|Mode of Application||Online|
Jammu University Offsite campuses:
- Bhaderwah Campus
- Kathua Campus
- Kishtwar Campus
- Poonch Campus
- Ramnagar Campus
- Reasi Campus
- Udhampur Campus
Jammu University Departments
Jammu University offers both UG and PG Programmes to the students. It is the first-ever university in India to receive the ISO-9001 certification for all its courses. The university also offers Doctoral Programs.
Various Faculties under Jammu University
|Faculty of Arts||Faculty of Commerce||Faculty of Science||Faculty of Social Science|
|English||Hospitality and Tourism||Environment Science||Library of Information Science|
|Hindi||The Business School||Human Genetics||Lifelong learning|
|Urdu||Computer Science and IT||Sociology|
|Remote Sensing and GIS|
Note: Each Departments offers degree in Undergraduate, Postgraduate and Doctoral Level.
Read MoreJammu University Courses and Fees
Jammu University Admission
The university provides 8 UG courses and 8 PG programs. It also offers M.Phil. And doctorate Programmes in various specializations.
- The minimum eligibility to apply for B.A, B.Sc., BBA, B.Com, B.Lib, B.P.Ed and BCA courses is a pass in 10+2 standard with 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST) in aggregate.
- LL.B. program requires a Bachelor’s degree with at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST).
- Candidate applying for two-year M.A, M.Sc., M.P.Ed, M.Com, MBM, M.Ed., MCA and LL.M programs should have passed Graduation with 45% marks.
- The admission to all the programs will be based on the JUET.
- Admission to MBA course is based on CAT/ MAT or CMAT score.
- The candidates with a relevant Master’s degree in any discipline or M.Phil. The degree is eligible to apply for the Ph.D. program.
- The candidates applying for M.Phil. or Ph.D. programs will have to appear in the respective departmental test.
Also, Check Jammu University Admission
Jammu University Entrance Test
Jammu University Entrance Test (JUET) is a qualifying entrance exam for admission to Post Graduate Degree (PG), PG Diploma and Under Graduate Programs offered by Jammu University, Jammu. Jammu University conducts JUET entrance test annually. Candidates can download the JUET Application Formfrom the official website of the university.
Procedure for filling the Application Form
- Candidates will enter the online application process by giving their authentic email id.
- A link to set a password shall be sent and then access the application.
- Candidates have to use the same email id and password for the entire process till the completion of the admission process.
- Candidates give their preference for one center only
- Candidates submitting E-application in bulk will be disqualified.
- Application fee paid by the candidates will not be refunded if they are found to be ineligible for the course
Click here Jammu University Entrance Test Cutoff
Jammu University Scholarships
- OC & MIL Scholarships
- Post-Graduate Scholarship
- Scholarships in the LL.B. Course
- Merit and Merit-Cum-Means Scholarships in Diploma Courses
- Regulation for Utilization of Contingency Grant Admissible to the Scholars Working Under the Scheme Of University Research Scholarship.
Jammu University Infrastructure
- The University has a central library, an auditorium, canteens, a kiosk for photocopying, STD/ISD facilities and other stationery items. I
- n the campus there is a bookshop, a bank and a post office. There are canteens for refreshment at suitable places.
- For guests there is a well-maintained Guest House within the campus. A sports complex and grounds for different games and activities, constitute another important feature of the New Campus.
- A botanical and a cactus garden have since become star attarction on the campus. The University Executive Engineer and his establishment look after the construction and maintenance of the roads and buildings.
- There is a medical centre with outdoor services under the overall supervision of CMO.
Jammu University Hostel Facility
- University of Jammu has set up five hostels, out of which three are for boys and two for girls.
- Almost all the hostels are situated in the campus and within walkable distance from teaching departments/Central Library/Administration Block/Bank/Post Office/P.C.O./Dispensary/Cafeteria etc.
- The Hostels are neat, clean and possess all kinds of amenities for making the living of boarders recreational and enjoyable.
- The room of each hostel is well ventilated and airy. Few rooms in each hostel have single seated capacity and majority is double seated.
- Each hostel has a very big lush green sprawling lawn in front and backyard of the hostel. Each hostel has telephone facility, sports facility (T.T./Badminton/Chess etc) drinking water fitted with acquaguard, refrigerators, water coolers, television, modern cooking gas plant, geysers fitted, economical and affordable mess charges.
- Inverters are fitted for acting as standby light arrangement in the absence of power, good reading rooms with latest career and information promoting magazines, local/national papers subscribed, well furnished guest room and desired first aid is available in each Hostel.