Jain University Bangalore is ranked 7 for Best Private University in Bangalore by India Today. The university is known best for its 100% placement offers. The highest salary package offered amounts to INR 30 LPA. Jain University assures placement opportunities to students and most of the reputed MNC comes for recruitment. Jain University is famous for its B.E, B.Tech, MBA/ PGDM programs.
JU Bangalore draws students from other countries around the world. Jain University offers degree, diploma and certificate programs to aspirants at the undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), MPhil and doctorate (Ph.D.) level.
Jain University Highlights
|Established | University Type||1990 | Deemed to be University|
|Approved by||All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE)|
|Campus Area||300 acres|
|Accredited by||NAAC with ‘A’ grade, MHRD|
National: CAT/ XAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ GMAT/ ATMA/ UCEED/ Uni-Guage/ CSIR/ UGC NET/ JRF
State: KMAT/ KPGCET
|No. of Courses||UG: 32 | PG: 47 | Ph.D: 59|
|Application Mode | Fees||Online | INR 1,050|
|Top Recruiters||Tommy Hilfiger, Honeywell, ICICI Bank, Deloitte|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Auditorium, Sports|
Jain University Department
- Department of Engineering and Technology - Read more
- Department of Sciences
- Department of Languages
- Department of Commerce
- Department of Management
- Department of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Department of Law
- Department of Liberal Education
Check: JU Bangalore Department
Jain University Awards
- Awarded Graded Autonomy by UGC under the categorization of Universities for Grant of Graded Autonomy Regulations.
- Jain University’s School of Engineering and Technology is awarded by EdTech Review Awards for the Best Excellence and Innovation in Engineering.
- Ranked No. 21 among the Top Private Universities.
Jain University Courses
JU, Bangalore offers UG, PG and Ph.D. courses in the discipline of Commerce, Engineering and Technology, Humanities and Social Sciences, Management, Law, M.Phil, etc. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|Engineering & Technology||B.Tech, B.Tech (Lateral Entry)||M.Tech|
|Humanities & Social Sciences||B.A||M.A, MPA, PGD|
|Sciences||B.Sc, Integrated B.Sc + M.Sc, BCA||M.Sc, M.Sc IT, MCA|
JU Engineering & Technology
The University offers several specializations in B.Tech. and Integrated B.Tech (Lateral Entry) and B.Tech. (Hons.). Additionally, the university also offers M.Tech program at the PG level.
- Passed 10+2 (HSC) with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with any one of Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Electronics.
- Obtained a valid score in JET/ Uni-Guage.
The University offers BBA, BMS program in the management. JU Bangalore offers MBA programs in the 19 specializations:
- Graduation with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in any subject.
- Obtained a valid score in JET/ CAT/ KMAT/ GMAT/ CMAT/ XAT.
JU Law Course
The University offers LLM in PG course in 3 specialization:
- LL.B with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks.
- Admission will be done on the basis of a test followed by Group Discussion followed by Personal Interview.
JU M.Phil and Ph.D Courses
- Post Graduation with a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (50% for reserved category candidates).
- Candidates are required to take Ph.D. and M.Phil Entrance Examination comprising an Aptitude Test, a Subject Paper and an Interview.
Check: JU Bangalore Courses and Fees
Jain University Admission
Step 1: New User Registration
- Enter all the relevant details carefully
- An Email will be sent from Jain University to authenticate your Email ID. Kindly authenticate to go ahead for further applying process
- All the communications will be sent to your registered E-mail ID and Mobile Number.
Step 2: Filling online application form
- Provide all relevant details carefully, before submission
- Academic & Additional Information
- Upload your recent passport size (3.5 x 4.5cm) Colour photograph* (Photo should be in .jpg or .png format and maximum file size allotted in 50 KB).
- Upload your 10th std, 12th std, and all semester mark sheet (Mark sheet should be in .jpg, .png or PDF format and maximum file size allotted is 100 KB).
- An application number will be generated after submission
- Refer your application number for all your future correspondence
Step 3: Mode of Payment
- Online mode through Net banking/ Credit Card/ Debit Card. Application Cost is INR 1,050 (inclusive of GST).
- Coupons can be purchased by cash at Admission Office
- There is no Working Professional programs offered Under M.Tech for this academic year.
- Request for change of Mobile Number/ E-mail ID/ Correspondence Address will not be entertained under any circumstances.
- At the time of the transaction, if the amount is debited please do not try new applications. Please wait for 24 hours and try for the payment once again in the same registered Email ID
- If the amount is not debited, you can try the payment again.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following exams:
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for Group Discussion followed by a Personal Interview.
Check: JU Bangalore Admission
Jain University Scholarship
The university believes in promoting higher education among deserving and meritorious students. It offers a number of scholarships under various categories. Following are the details regarding the same:
- Medha Scholarship: It is awarded in the first year of any program to an Indian student. This will be provided for the subsequent year if the students meet the requirements.
- Eklavya Scholarship: This is awarded under the sports category to deserving students. The student must have passed the qualifying examination with first division.
- Natyaswara Scholarship: This scholarship is given to students participating in music and dance events at the university. This will only be awarded in the 1st year and further if requirements are met.
- Arthava Scholarship: This is awarded to candidates for exceptional performance in any literary activity in the university.
Jain University Placement
JU, Bangalore provides placement facilities to its students. The university has been a consistent topper for several years on the list of campus placement record among the top private institutions in India. Jain University, Bangalore conducts various training programs for the successful placement of students. JU placement highlights are as follows:
- Highest Package: INR 30 LPA
- Average Package: INR 7 LPA
- Students Placed: 98.5%
- Recruiters: 250+
- Top Recruiters:Tommy Hilfiger, Honeywell, ICICI Bank, Deloitte, Panasonic Homes, Ambition Co., JK Technosoft, Capgemini, TCS, Morgan Stanley, Matrix Sports, Tresvista, EY GDS, etc.
The following graph depicts the yearwise placement of M.Tech students:
The following graph depicts the yearwise salary statistics of M.Tech students:
Check:JU Bangalore Placement
Jain University Infrastructure
JU, Bangalore has a state of the art and rich infrastructure specially designed for student’s comfort and easy studying. Some of them are listed below:
Library: The library is a center of academic life and provides a wide range of services to support and enhance student learning at the campus. The library has a study space for more than 100 readers. It consists of 1,19,138 books, 12,931 e-books, 8754 CDs along with 80,951 E-journals and 78 periodicals.
Laboratory: The university has the best of modern technology to support the intellectual curiosity of students and faculty. The labs are fully equipped with the tools to ensure students have an exceptional education.
Seminar Halls: The university has an air-conditioned, built-in theatre style seminar hall which is frequently used by faculty and students in conducting seminars, student club activities, and recruitment exercises.
Auditorium: The auditorium is well equipped with modern acoustics and state of the art facilities to conduct seminars, corporate events, student activities, and general announcements.
Gymnasium: Students are provided with excellent yoga and yoga facilities. The gym has a variety of equipment which caters for virtually all sporting needs of students.
Jain University Faculty
Given below are the details of the core faculty of JU, Bangalore:
Dr. Bindu O. S.
- Designation: Assistant Professor and Coordinator
- Qualification: Doctoral Research
- Work Experience: 4 years
Dr. Aranganathan V.
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: Doctoral Research, M.Phil
- Work Experience: 9 years
Dr. Ramanath Varadarajan
- Designation: Assistant Professor
- Qualification: Doctoral Research
Check: JU Bangalore Faculty
Jain University FAQs
Ques. Does the JU, Bangalore provide scholarships?
Ans. Yes, JU Bangalore provides scholarships to the Indian Nationals and is awarded to the students of Jain (Deemed to be University) only. Scholarship will be provided on the basis of merit only. Gate Qualified students are eligible for Scholarship (50% of the 1st year Tuition fee, 1 seat per branch) and the same to be continued if the candidate score more than 60% in 1st year. Some of the scholarship provided by JU are as follows:
|Medha||Candidates should be an Indian Citizen|
|Ekalavya||Passed the last qualifying examination and should be an Indian Citizen|
- First Class marks in qualifying examination and should be an Indian Citizen
- Applicants who have visual, auditory or other significant physical disabilities
|Samasti||Passed the last qualifying examination and should be an Indian Citizen|
Ques. Does the University provide hostel facility?
Ans. Yes, the University provides hostel facility. Hostels are well furnished, spacious and well ventilated with all the required facilities such as Furniture, Housekeeping Services, Food and Security. To know more, click here
Ques. Is JU Bangalore good for B.Tech?
Ans. Jain University Bangalore is among the top and best private universities in India. The university is famous for its Aerospace Engineering and provides the best placement facility.