The University of Mysore or Mysore University (UOM) is a public state university in Mysore, Karnataka, India. Mysore University offers various UG, PG and Research programs along with the diploma and certificate courses in different disciplines. In addition to the regular courses, the university also offers distance learning programs in various disciplines. UOM Admissions are based on the marks secured by the students in the entrance test, conducted by the university. MBA Graduates of the university are placed in top-notch companies such as IBM, BMW, Magic Bricks, HCL, Aditya Birla Group, Cognizant, etc. Apart from this, there are many scholarships for students such as Endowment Scholarships, University Merit Scholarships, University Sports Scholarships, University Subject Scholarships – Semester and Non-Semester Courses, Scholarship for Gandhian Studies, etc. that helps students financing their studies.
Mysore University Highlights
|Established | Type||1956 | State|
|Recognized by||UGC and AIU|
|Courses offered||UG, PG, PG Diploma, Certificate, and Diploma|
|Admission criteria||Merit and Entrance-based|
|Facilities||Library, Hostel, Health, Sports, Transport, etc.|
Mysore University Rankings
- Mysore University is ranked 47th (Overall) and 27th (University) in the NIRF rankings 2020.
- Ranked 54th (University Category) and 80th (overall category) in India Rankings 2019 conducted by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Ranked 9th (State Universities) and 15th (India Universities) in India’s Best Universities 2017 survey conducted by Hansa- The WEEK National Ranking 2017.
- The University of Mysore was the first University in the State that was accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in the year 2000 with Five Stars Status.
- The second cycle of re-accreditation by NAAC in 2006 with A+ Level.
Read More: Mysore University Ranking
Mysore University Courses
The university offers various undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral courses. All the programs are listed below:
|UG Courses||PG Courses||PG Diploma Courses||Certificate Programs||Diploma Courses|
|B.A. LL.B||M.A.||Heritage Tourism and Travel Management||Arabic||Arabic/ Persian and Urdu|
|B.Com LL.B||M.Sc||Counseling and Health Psychology||Persian||German/ French/ Russian/ Spanish/ Chinese B-2|
|B.p.Ed||M.Tech||Human Resource Management||Dr. Ambedkar and Human Rights||Co-Operative Management|
|B.Arch||M.L.I.Sc||Intellectual Property Rights and Information Technology Law||Functional Hindi||High-Performance Computing|
|-||MBA||Retail and Supply Chain Management||Prakrit||-|
Ph.D. and M.Phil.
The University of Mysore offers Ph.D. and M.Phil. programs in Economics, English, Sanskrit, Zoology, Botany, Sociology, and many other disciplines. Students who clear the entrance exam conducted by the university are eligible to take admission in these programs. Candidates having M.Phil degree can apply for a Ph.D. without giving the entrance exam.
Mysore Univesity Entrance Exam
For admission to certain courses, candidates need to clear an online entrance examination conducted by the university. The university conducts the entrance examination for selected courses in the month of July every year. Candidates need to register themselves online for the entrance examination by filling the application form. The admission to the university is done on the basis of various entrance exams such as NATA, CSIR NET/ UGC NET/ GATE/ JRF. Mysore University conducts its own entrance examination namely Postgraduate Entrance Exam (PGEE) for all PG courses. On the other hand, for admission to the Ph.D. program, the university conducts an entrance test based on UGC/CSIR NET pattern. A candidate securing at least 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PC) is eligible to apply for admission in Ph.D.
Mysore University Entrance Exam Results
Students can check the result of entrance exam by the following steps:
- Log on to the official Mysore University website.
- Navigate to the result links under the “Notifications”.
- Subsequently, you will be redirected to the page containing the result in the PDF format file.
- Download the file and take a printout of the schedule for future reference.
Mysore University Scholarships
- Endowment Scholarships
- University Merit Scholarships
- University Sports Scholarships
- University Subject Scholarships – Semester and Non-Semester Courses
- Scholarship for Gandhian Studies
- Poverty-cum-progress Scholarships
- Award of University Research Fellowships
Mysore University Results
The university follows the semester course system divided into two sections i.e. odd semester & even semester. Notifications regarding the University of Mysore Results for odd and even semester are released by the university through its official website. Students can download their results by entering Registration Number, Degree, and Year on the official results portal of the university.
Read more Mysore University Results
University of Mysore Facilities
Following are the facilities offered by the University to cater to the needs of the students:
- Health Centre
- Banking Services
- Green Campus
- Transport Services
- Sports Facilities
University of Mysore FAQs
Ques. What is the rank of Mysore University?
Ans. The University of Mysore is ranked 54 (University Category) and 80th (overall category) in India Rankings 2019 conducted by NIRF, MHRD, Govt. of India. Also, it is ranked 9th (State Universities) and 15th (India Universities) in India's Best Universities 2017 survey conducted The WEEK National Ranking 2017.
Ques. How are the hostel facilities of Mysore University?
Ans. Yes, but hostel accommodation is limited to students coming from distant places. Those pursuing two year PG Diploma are eligible for hostels on the basis of availability. Additionally, students pursuing only Diploma / Certificate courses are not eligible to stay at the hostel.
Ques. Are there any scholarships awarded by the University of Mysore?
Ans. The state and central government award a number of scholarships to meritorious and deserving students at Mysore University. Subject scholarships, Endowment scholarships, Sports Scholarships, Minority Scholarships, and Single Girl Child Scholarships are also offered by the university. Additionally, special scholarships for children of political sufferers, defense personnel, and physically challenged candidates are available. Also, candidates belonging to economically weaker sections of the society have the benefit of free studentships.
Ques. What is the application fee for admission?
Ans. The application fee for the PG courses is INR 400, for Ph.D. courses is INR 2000, and for M.Phil program is INR 200.
Ques. Which is better, Bangalore University or Mysore University for MBA?
Ans. Mysore University is definitely a good choice for an MBA. Specializations offered at Bangalore university include Finance, Marketing, Human Resource, Systems, and Entrepreneurship Development. Specializations offered at Mysore University include 22 specializations. Students from Mysore University are placed in Top-notch companies such as BMW India Pvt. Ltd., IBM, Accenture India Pvt. Ltd., Morgan Stanley, Magic Bricks, HCL, Aditya Birla Group, Cognizant, etc. at the positions of Business Development Manager, HR Analyst, Financial Executive, Area Manager, etc. The salary packages offered to students in these companies range from INR 4 LPA to INR 13 LPA.
Ques. Is Mysore University good for an M.Tech?
Ans. M.Tech from Mysore University costs INR 96,500 for the whole course. Mysore University M.Tech is specialized in Urban & Regional Planning, Computer Science & Technology, Information & System Management, Material Science & Engineering, and Computer Cognition Technology. The course is offered by the School of Planning & Architecture, UOM which is ranked #8 by India Today. Admission to the course is made based on marks obtained in PGEE and KEA counseling.
Read More: UOM M.Tech
Ques. What are the eligibility criteria for NATA 2020?
Ans. The eligibility criteria for NATA 2020 are as follows:
- Age Criteria: There is no Age limit to apply for the National Aptitude Test in Architecture.
- Qualifying Examination: Passed in 10+2 scheme of examination or 10+3 diploma examination. Candidates appearing in 2020 are also eligible to apply for NATA. International Baccalaureate Diploma passed/appearing, after 10 years of schooling with Mathematics as a compulsory subject of examination.
- Qualifying Exam Subjects: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and 10+3 Diploma holders (any stream)/ appearing recognized by Central/ State Government with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- Art Stream Candidates: Candidates having Art Stream are also eligible if they have qualified Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics subjects conducted by CBSE.
Ques. What courses are offered at UOM distance learning? Do I need to submit exam scores for admission?
Ans. DDE UOM offers BBA, BA, MA, B.Com, B.Sc, M.Com, and M.Sc. The admission to all the courses is based on merits obtained by the applicant in the previous qualifying examination.
Read More: DDE UOM
Ques. How can I check my Mysore University revaluation result in 2020?
Ans. Students can check their course-wise Mysore University Revaluation Results by following the below-listed steps:
- Visit the official website of the Mysore University.
- Click on the ‘Exam Result’ Section and you will be redirected to the result listing page.
- On the listing page, click on the “Revaluation Result” link
- Click on the desired course and semester link to proceed further.
- Enter your Registration Number, Degree and Year, and click the “Submit” button.
- Download and take a printout of the result for future reference.
Ques. What is Karnataka PGCET cut off for MCA?
Ans. The cut off for Karnataka PGCET for the MCA program is as follows: