University of Horticultural Science, Bagalkot, is accepting applications for B.Sc. (Hons) Horticulture Degree Program for the academic year 2020-21 under the NRI quota. Apply Now
The last date to apply for admission is November 30, 2020, along with payment of INR 1500 as an application fee.
Submit applications online
October 21, 2020
Last Date for Submission of Application Form
November 30, 2020
University of Horticulture Sciences (UHS) Bagalkot is the third university in India providing Horticulture Science courses to students through UG, PG, Doctoral, and Diploma. Admission to these courses is entrance based. Students can apply both offline and online for the application process with an payable amount of INR 500.
Read More: UHS Bagalkot cut off
|Established | Type||2008 | State|
|Recognized By||ICAR and UGC|
|Courses Offered||B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D., and Diploma|
|Accepted Exam Scores||Common Entrance Test|
|Application Process | Fee||Online and offline | INR 500 (general)/ INR 250 (reserved category)|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc and M.Sc|
|Facilities||Library, hostel, sports, etc.|
|Official Website||https://www.uhsbagalkot.edu.in/ | 08354230279|
University of Horticulture, Bagalkot offers UG, PG, and Doctoral courses in the fields of Horticulture science. Given below is a brief about the same:
Specializations offered in all programs are:
- Fruit Science
- Vegetable Science
- Floriculture and Landscape Architecture
- Post-Harvest Technology
- Plantation, Spices, Medicinal & Aromatic crops
- Biotechnology & Crop Improvement
- Plant Pathology
- Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry.
Read More: UHS Bagalkot Courses and Fees
The university takes in students from various backgrounds for the programs that it offers with 9 major specializations. The admission process of University of Horticulture includes the following details:
- UG: Admission to B.Sc (Horticulture) is done through KEA CET. 25% marks of the qualifying exam and 50% marks of the entrance test are considered for the preparation of the merit list of the students for admission.
- PG: Admission to M.Sc (Horticulture) is done through the CET exam conducted by the farm Universities in Karnataka. 25% of the seats are reserved under the ICAR quota for students from other states. For the final admissions, 50% marks of the qualifying exam and 50% marks of the entrance test are considered.
- Doctoral: Admission to Ph.D. (Horticulture) is done by CET by the Farm Universities in Karnataka. 50% preference is given to the qualifying exam and 45% is given to the entrance exam. The other 5% is given to qualifying ICAR or CSIR Fellowship Examination.
How to apply?
- Applicants may apply online as well as offline for the application process.
- Fill up all the necessary details along with all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 500 (general) and INR 250 (reserved category).
Read More: UHS Bagalkot admission
The university has 9 campuses under it will all the facilities that are required by the students in various domains it provides. Listed below are the facilities offered by the
Library: Library is well versed with all the required books, journal and research papers. The timing of the library is in accordance with the schedule of the students and books are issued readily. Many Online resources are also available :
- Cera with 3500+ eJournals
- Springer with 1150 eBooks
- Elsevier with 1174 eBooks
- Sports Facility: University is also active in organizing sports activities including Sports meet in the campuses. Proper Sports equipment is also provided to students.
Academic Equipements: Most of the courses require practical knowledge with equipment that is also provided to students with proper maintenance at a regular period.
- College of Horticulture Arabhavi
- College of Horticulture Bidar
- College of Horticulture Bagalkot
- College of Horticulture Bengaluru
- College of Horticulture Kolar
- College of Horticulture Munirabad
- College of Horticulture Mysore
- College of Horticulture Sirsi
- College of Horticulture Devihosur
UHS Overall Analysis
Being 3rd Horticulture in the country, University is progressing at a very comfortable rate with tremendous participation from students. With the help from the government, universities are able to approach many students and also make people aware of the certain advancement in the agricultural sector.
Ques. Is there any case of Ragging in UHS Bagalkot?
Ans. No, University has very strict rules against ragging practice on the campus. The university also has a dedicated Anti-ragging Cell to prevent such cases.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are as follows:
- Attested copy of HSC mark sheet
- Grade card of SSLC/ PUC
- Mark sheet of Graduation/ Post Graduation (whichever applicable)
Ques. Does University provide any scholarship to students?
Ans. There are no as such scholarships which are provided by the university but there scholarships which students can avail:
- Post Matric Scholarship for SC
- Medley Pharma Scholarship
- Women Scientists Scheme
- Andhra Pradesh Post Matric Scholarship
- Sanskriti Geddes Scholarship
- Melbourne School of Design India Scholarship
Ques. How is the faculty of the UHS?
Ans. The faculty of the institute is highly qualified and experienced in their relevant fields. The majority of the faculty is working at the post of Assistant Professor in each department.
Ques. Are there any hostel facilities for students?
Ans. Yes, the university provides hostel accommodation to students pursuing Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Diploma courses to students.
Ques. What is the admission fee structure?
Ans. The admission fee structure at UHS Bagalkot is as follows:
|Application form||INR 200||INR 200||INR 100|
|Admission Fees||INR 300||INR 200||INR 100|
|Reading room and sports fees||INR 200||INR 300||INR 150|
|Upkeep and maintenance of utensils||INR 200||INR 500||-|
|Readmission Fees||-||-||INR 100|
|Vessels Maintenance||-||-||INR 150|
|Mess deposit||INR 8,000||INR 15,000||INR 6,000|
Note: Students pursuing various courses are required to pay a mess deposit of the below-given amount along with the above-mentioned fees at the time of admission. This mess deposit amount is refunded when the student vacates the hostel after deducting all the dues (if any).
Ques. What is the hostel fee structure at UHS?
Ans. The hostel fee structure at UHS is as follows:
|Room rent||INR 100||INR 150 (without attached bathroom) INR 250 (with attached bathroom)||INR 75|
|Maintenance charges||INR 150||INR 150||-|
|Establishment charges||INR 150||INR 200||INR 75|