IIM Kozhikode, being 6th in the IIMs family, is ranked 6th amongst the top IIMs in India by the NIRF 2020. Starting with 42 students in PGP’s first batch, the institute has reached a height of 356 (approx) students graduating every year. The number is increasing year by year. Postgraduate Program in Management (PGP) is the flagship program of the institute, admission to which is given on the basis of CAT score, Working experience, gender diversity, past academic records, and performance in the personal interview round. IIM Kozhikode is inviting applications to PGP Admission 2021 in Finance. Last date to apply is February 28, 2021. Canidisates can visit the official website to apply. Candidates will need to pay an application fee of INR 2000.
This year, the IIM Kozhikode CAT cut-off for the MBA admission has been set to 97 percentile and the selection process for PGP 2021 program has already begun.
IIM Kozhikode Admission Updates:
- IIM Kozhikode has recently released the PGP Shortlist 2021 for PGP (MBA) admissions. For 480 seats, a total of 1200 candidates have been shortlisted based on 10th & 12th score (40%), Work experience (5%), Gender diversity (10%), and CAT 2020 score (45%).
- IIM Kozhikode Selection Criteria reduced CAT weightage from 75% to 40% in stage 1 shortlisting.
- Also, the institute has eliminated the Written Ability Test (WAT) round from the IIM Kozhikode Admission 2021 for the PGP admissions.
- The interview rounds for the PGP, PGP-F, and PGP-LSM will be conducted in an online mode this year. Check Necessary requirements for Online Personal Interview
- For the year 2021, the institute has changed its Ph.D. admission interview process. Due to the pandemic, the interview session for the Ph.D. program admissions will now be conducted online in a single session.
- The date scheduled for the Ph.D. admission (Interview round) is February 7, 2021.
Why IIM Kozhikode?
- Despite Covid-pandemic, IIM Kozhikode secured 100% summer placement for its largest batch ever.
- The highest stipend received was INR 3.2 Lacs and the average stipend received was INR 1.75 Lacs. Read Complete story
- The institute’s NIRF ranking has gone up over the last year. It is now 5th amongst the IIMs and 6th in Overall Management schools. Read on to IIM Kozhikode Rankings
- Like IIM Lucknow, the institute has its satellite campus at Kochi for Executive Education. Comparatively, the course fee at IIM Kozhikode for executive education is very less i.e., INR 10 Lacs for the whole course. Check IIM Kozhikode Fees
- IIM Kozhikode was the first institute to set up a benchmark among premier business schools in gender diversity with 35% female students in PGP (2011).
- The institute is on a high growth trajectory offering the widest range of academic programs in the field of management. Check IIM Kozhikode Courses
- No. of students graduating since 1999 is increasing year by year. Starting from less than 50 students to 400+ students graduating per year is a positive trend in the history of IIM Kozhikode.
IIM Kozhikode Rankings
- Ranked 6 for MBA by NIRF 2020
- Ranked 5 for MBA by The Week 2020
- Ranked 8 for MBA by the NIRF 2019
- Ranked 7 for MBA by India Today 2019
- Ranked 7 for MBA by The Week 2019
- Ranked 1 for Overall by Times of India 2019
- Ranked 11 for MBA by Times of India 2019
- Ranked 8 for Overall by Financial Express 2019
Read more about IIM Kozhikode Rankings
IIM Kozhikode Courses
Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode offers postgraduate programs in management mentioned below:
|Post Graduate Program in Management (PGPM)/ MBA||2-year | Full-time||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with 50% marks|
|Post Graduate Program in Business Leadership (PGP-BL)||1-year | Full-time||Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with 50% marks. Minimum 3 years of work experience|
|Executive Post Graduate Program (EPGP)||2-year | Full-time|
|Fellowship Program in Management (FPM/ Ph.D.)||5-year | Full-time||Master’s degree in any discipline with 55% marks (OR) Professional qualifications like CA, ICWA, and CS with 50% marks (OR) B.Tech./ B.E. with 60% marks|
IIM Kozhikode MBA
IIM Kozhikode PGP (MBA) is a 2-year course ranked 6th by the NIRF in 2020 rankings. There are no specializations for the MBA program offered by the institute, students are taught 9 core subjects in first year and in the second year, the students are given a choice to select subjects from their specializations. Out of the 480 seats reserved for PGP admissions, 48 students are given PGP-Finance and 42 students are given PGP-LSM.
The fees for the whole program is INR 17 Lacs including INR 8.75,000 tuition fee for both the years. IIM Kozhikode MBA admission criteria is based on various factors such as CAT score, Personal interview, Work experience, and past academic records.
The CTCs offered for the PGP program in 2020 have seen a good increase as compared to 2019. The highest CTC in 2020 is INR 58 LPA while in 2019, it was only INR 40 LPA. Same for the average CTC, the mean CTC in 2020 is INR 23.08 LPA, while it was only INR 20.67 LPA in 2019.
The top recruiters of the program were Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Bain & Company, etc.
Also, Check How is the Executive MBA at IIM Kozhikode?
IIM Kozhikode MBA Cut off 2021
|Category||10th class %||12th Class %||Sectional Cut off||Overall Cut off|
IIM Kozhikode Batch 2020-22 Overview
IIM Kozhikode witnessed the unprecedented gender diversity in its newly inducted batch of 2020-21. Here are the few key highlights of batch 2020-22.
- PGP 2020-22 batch with 492 students has excellent gender diversity and consists of 236 men and 256 women students.
- 40% of Batch coming from Non-Engineering backgrounds such as Architecture, Science, Arts, Medicine, etc.
- Newly launched MBA in Liberal Studies & Management (MBA-LSM) admits 62.5% of women in the inaugural batch.
- 10% of students are with professional degrees and certifications, such as CA, CS, and CFA
IIM Kozhikode Placement
IIM Kozhikode recorded 100% placements for its 22nd batch of PGP (2018-2020) within 5 days. With an overwhelming response from its valued recruiters, more than 130 companies offered coveted roles in IT, Operations, General Management, and Consulting. The highest CTC for this year’s placement reached the INR 58 LPA mark in the Sales and Marketing domain.
Placement Statistics IIM Kozhikode 2020
|Number of Companies||131|
|Highest CTC||INR 58 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 23.08 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 20.80 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co, Ernst & Young, KPMG, Bain & Company, etc.|
Top 50% of students received an average package of 26.69 LPA, increasing by 12.5% from the previous year. The below-given graph represents the Average CTC of Top percentage of students of 2018-20 Batch.
IIM Kozhikode made history this year, with more than 5 Private Equity firms participating for the first time. Some of the prominent recruiters were Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, JP Morgan Chase & Co, PwC, and Boston Consulting Group. Also, a host of marquee recruiters with the likes of Amazon, Microsoft, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co, PwC, BCG, etc made their presence felt. Amazon topped among all by offering 19 internships in this season.
Read More: IIM Kozhikode Placement 2020
IIM Kozhikode Scholarship
IIMK provides financial assistance to deserving and meritorious students. The merit scholarships are awarded by the Institute to 1st and 2nd year students as per their performance during a particular academic year. The following are the scholarships provided by the Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode:
|Name of the scholarship||Who can avail?|
|IIMK Merit Scholarship||Top 5% of second year students|
|IIMK Need-Based Scholarship||1st and 2nd year students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)|
|Central Scholarship for SC students||Awarded by: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Awarded to: Students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)
|Central Scholarship for ST students||Awarded by: Ministry of Tribal Affairs Awarded to: Students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)|
|SGGSC Scholarship||Awarded by: Societe Generale Global Solution Centre Pvt Ltd. Bangalore Awarded to: 2 or students with lowest parental income. The students is awarded this scholarship only after a personal interview|
|Sir Ratan TATA Scholarship||Top 5 second year students based on first year CGPA|
|NTPC Scholarship for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped students||Awarded to students based on their applications submitted|
|Merit-cum-Means Scholarship||Awarded by: Government of India Awarded to: Students whose parental income is less than INR 2 Lacs (as per the previous financial year)|
|Pratibha Scholarship||Awarded by: Government of Andhra Pradesh
Awarded to: Students belonging to Andhra Pradesh with parental income less than INR 1 Lac (as per previous financial year)
|Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Scholarship||Awarded by: Government of Maharashtra
Awarded to: Students belonging to Maharashtra with parental income less than INR 2 Lacs (as per previous financial year)
|OP Jindal Scholarship (OPJEMS)||Awarded by: OP Jindal Group Amount awarded: INR 1.50 Lacs Awarded to: One student of each academic year. Also, top 10 students of first year are also eligible to apply|
|Aditya Birla Group Scholarship||Amount: INR 1.75 Lacs (per student) Awarded to: Top 25% students of 1st year PGP program. The selected student can also apply for renewal in second year|
How to avail?
Application forms for the above scholarships are available at the IIMK administration office. Students must apply within time for the scholarship to avail them.
IIM Kozhikode FAQs
Ques. What are the necessary requirements for an online personal interview?
Ans. The necessary requirements for an online personal interview are:
- A separate room for the Online Personal Interview devoid of any disturbances for at least an hour.
- A Desktop/ Laptop.
- Stable and high-speed internet connection (preferably a LAN).
- Stationery items such as pens/pencils/blank sheets etc.
- A white background or a clear background of a lighter color ensuring better visibility.
- A valid photo ID proof for verification, such as Aadhar Card/ Voter ID/ Passport/ Driver's Licence.
Ques. Do I need to submit any documents to establish my work experience?
Ans. The Institute accepts original/ official document that proves employment record with the concerned organization. The candidate can produce anything like work experience letters, last drawn salary slip which indicates necessary details. There is no limit on work experience while enrolling for the academic programs, however, the minimum period required is 3 to 7 years in a relevant area.
Ques. Can I get a loan facility to finance my program fees?
Ans. Students can avail of financial assistance from several prominent banks such as State Bank of India, Bank of Baroda, HDFC Bank, etc. The Institute is associated with these banks to provide them student-friendly loans.
Ques. Why should I pursue a Fellow Program in Management (FPM) from IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. FPM is a doctoral program and is equivalent to a Ph.D. The program is designed to offers the students with research opportunities with an International benchmarked standard. IIM Kozhikode also offers a generous amount of financial assistance ranging from INR 27,000 to 33,000 per month. The students are also provided free accommodation on the campus. Apart from this, a contingency grant of INR 1,20,000 is also available for deserving students.
Ques. Can I attend EPGP classes from abroad?
Ans. No. Students can attend online classes from designated classroom centers within India. The Institute provides the facility for interactive learning through a technological platform namely Times Professional Learning. It has centers across various cities and students can easily access the facility. For more information, click here.
Ques. How was the interview experience for IIM Kozhikode admission?
Ans. The panel was friendly and straight to their questions. I started with greeting everyone and the panel started the round. I was asked questions from my past academic records and resume. The panel asked me a few questions about my family and career choices and why I want to pursue MBA now. The interview panel may also start to ask simple questions such as “what does your father do? Why did you choose to pursue PGP from IIM Shillong”? etc. These questions then become tricky and they start to check your IQ by asking about “Why did your father chose to be in your grandfather’s business? You have worked under your father for 2-3 months, What is GST?” etc.
Ques. Does IIM Kozhikode provide hostel facilities?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode has 10 well-furnished hostels with the capacity to accommodate at least 600 students.
Ques. What is the faculty-student ratio at IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode has a faculty-student ratio of 1:6, which means, there is one teacher for every 6 students.
Ques. Which are the MNCs visiting IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. Some notable MNCs Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Goldman Sachs, KPMG, JP Morgan Chase & Co, PwC and Boston Consulting Group are regulars to IIM Kozhikode.
Ques. Is joining IIM Kozhikode a good decision?
Ans. IIM Kozhikode offers a record 100% placement by industry giants Google, Microsoft, Amazon, Goldman Sachs etc. It has 70% regular experienced faculty and 30% visiting from top foreign institutions to create a global perspective and exposure. These factors make IIM Kozhikode, the right choice among MBA aspirants.
Ques. On what parameters will IIM Kozhikode shortlist students for final admissions?
Ans.IIM Kozhikode will take into consideration the following parameters to prepare the final list of students for admission:
- CAT 2020 score: 44%
- PI score: 44%
- Resume score: 12%
Ques. Does IIM Kozhikode offer online courses?
Ans. Yes, IIM Kozhikode offers about 16 E-Learning Management Development Programs and 2 certificate programs which are short-term courses conducted over weekends or even weekdays.
Ques. Which one is better, IIM Indore or IIM Kozhikode?
Ans. The table below shows a comparison of both the institutes:
|Particulars||IIM Indore||IIM Kozhikode|
|NIRF ranking 2020||7||6|
|Highest CTC||INR 50 LPA||INR 58 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 22 LPA||INR 23 LPA|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, MagicBricks, DE Shaw, Goldman Sachs, EY Parthenon, BCG, ABG, ACT Fibernet, etc.||Amazon, Microsoft, Ernst & Young, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase & Co, etc.|
|CAT Cut off||90||97|