India’s first skill-based private university, Rabindranath Tagore University (RTNU) formerly known as AISECT University, strives to impart skill- based quality education and promote research-driven advancement of knowledge for creating successful professionals. Established by the Rabindranath Tagore Group in 2010, it has carved a niche for itself in Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand. With strong industry linkages, Rabindranath Tagore University’s focus lies in the holistic learning and development of a student in order to ensure the effective application of knowledge for a secure future. It is a private university formed under the aegis of All India Society for Electronics and Computer Technology, which is the most reputed Educational Group across the country. The university is recognized under Section 2(f) of the UGC Act and by AICTE, NCTE and DEC as well. The university is a member of AIU. It has received ISO 9001:2008 certification which makes it a stand-out institute in its category and augurs well for industry interface. In 2014, it has received the “Excellence in Education” Award by ASSOCHAM. The university has experienced faculty members with PhDs from acclaimed institutions like IIT and NIT.
Under RNTU University Admission 2019, the university offers Bachelor, Master and Research level programs in Commerce, Science, Engineering, Information Technology, Education and Management. The university also offers Diploma courses in Education.
Fifteen magnificent buildings in totally pollution free RNTU green campus attract you straight away located between two hills the beautiful panoramic view of the University reminds you of Shantiniketan, Nalanda, and Taxshila. Experienced faculty, world-class infrastructure, good placement at RNTU may also highly impress you. Some of these things you may find elsewhere also, but what puts RNTU head and shoulder above the rest is much beyond this. Some of these beyond listed below must be examined before you decide your career as a student.
- National Outlook- AISECT Group of Universities have established five universities in rural areas of CG, MP, Jharkhand, and Bihar aiming at enhancing affordability and accessibility of higher education with a vision to provide top quality higher education driven by research, skill development entrepreneurial–motivation and overall development of personality. RNTU is leading the University of the Group.
- Core Research Group (CRG)- With an allocation of INR 1 Crore seed money and an annual budget of INR 1 Crore to promote research, CRG has been formed. RNTU means a lot of research.
- Strong Research & Academic Collaborations- With 15 International and about 30 national level collaborations, one mega International/national seminar/conference every year, several academic/research workshops events every year make RNTU most happening place for exposure.
- Publication of UGC Approved Journals- In house publication of UGC approved two research journals for the last 6 years indexed by Copernicus and available on line provide special status to RNTU.
- Creative Environment- Excellent facilities, motivation, reward, and support has resulted in over 1000 papers and 50 books published by faculty/students in a short period of 5 years. Talent is rewarded at RNTU.
- Navratn Centers of Excellence- There are 9 centers of excellence for research and skills in Energy, Material Science, Earth & Space Science, Agriculture, Arts & Literature, IoT and Computing, Science Communication, Entrepreneurship, and Environmental science. These centers promote the research environment at the University. RNTU wakes up the scholar in the students.
- International Consortium
RNTU University Bhopal Highlights
All India Society for Electronics and Computer Technology
UGC, AICTE, NCTE, BCI,
M.P Paramedical council
Member of AIU
40,000+ books, 5,000 titles and thousands of CDs
Rabindranath Tagore University,
Village: Mendua, Post: Bhojpur,
Near Bangrasiya Chouraha, Bhopal-Chiklod Road, District: Raisen, M.P., India
The university provides many courses at UG, PG, Diploma and PhD level in the full-time mode having different eligibility criteria and durations with respect to the course chosen. The courses are provided by the university are given via the following faculties:
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities
- Faculty of Commerce
- Faculty of Information Technology
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Paramedical Science
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Agriculture
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Engineering & Technology
To know more about the courses & fee, please click Rabindranath Tagore University Bhopal Fee Structure.
RNTU University Placements
RNTU or AISECT University offers placement to its students in reputed organizations. It has industrial linkages to the top management and IT conglomerates. The university also provides Counselling, Training and Personality Grooming so that students can gain the necessary skills and knowledge required for their auspicious professional future. The university has a very good placement record. Some of our prime recruiters are such as Reliance Infocomm, L&T Infotech, ICICI, Airtel, Oracle, Wipro, HDFC, TATA AIG, Ambuja Cement and many more. Click RNTU University Placements to know about the same.
Under the Shiksha Mitra Scholarships scheme, some scholarship programs are running within the university’s curriculum to meritorious students. Shiksha Mitra Scholarships, which has an overall grant of Rs. 1 crore. This scholarship takes into account the particular results of a student in their class twelve board examinations. There are many other scholarship programs as well for underprivileged students and physically handicapped students too. For more details in the relevant field, please click RTNU Scholarships.
RNTU International Conference
RNTU has created an International Conference of 20 countries on ‘Water, Energy, Environment & Society’. In 2016 an International Conference ICWEES-16 was organized at RNTU and proceedings of 350 papers published by Springer. ICWEES-18 being held at Tunisia. International Exposure at RNTU is outstanding.
- Awards- Year after year RNTU has received Excellence award for skill, innovation, and research at State, National and International level. RNTU awards are a testimony of excellence attached to its degree & diplomas.
- State of Art Studio and Center for e-Learning– RNTU has developed a huge amount of soft content to promote e-learning. The Teaching Learning method at RNTU has both chalk & talk as well as click and view.
- IoT & Cloud Computing Lab- First University in MP to establish IoT Lab by Frugal and Intel and Cloud Computing Lab by Microsoft. RNTU is generation-next university in technology.
- Skill Academies– RNTU has been first to introduce skills as compulsory credits. Established 7 skill academies imparting hands-on training in 55 skills. RNTU is the first skill-based university in the region.
- Financial Assistance & Motivation- Shikha Mitra Scholarship for meritorious students amounting to almost Rs. 80 lakh. Financial assistance to faculty for upgradation of Qualification. University rewards for every single good job is done. RNTU values talent and competence.
- Atal Incubation Center- One of the only two universities in Madhya Pradesh to receive Phase-I of AIC by Neeti Aayog. RNTU produces job providers with a purpose.
- Project Unnat Bharat- Awarded by the MHRD. The University is working in 5 villages for their upliftment. It is holistic development at RNTU for every student.
- Extension Work- The University is working in the surrounding area to generate awareness helps them through numerous programs launched by GoI i.e. Digital India, Swach Bharat, Jandhan Yojna etc. Every year students & faculty camp in villages for 7 days. Nation first for RNTU.
- Green Campus
RNTU – The Green Campus
The only University in central India to get a grant from MNRE for Green Campus. RNTU committed to Green World.
- Resources & Environment- Almost 50% of faculty with PhD and industry background, state of the Art lab with industry grade equipment, ICT loaded industry based CBCS curriculum makes RNTU the first choice for higher education.
- A Mini India in RNTU- Students in RNTU come from about 23 states provides a lovely demographic diversity. Foreigner’s students from about 5 countries provide an international dimension.
- Campus Life- Excellent hostel facility, canteen with choice food, sports facilities of international standard, debating, drama and literary clubs, cultural events & competition round the year make campus life most memorable affair for students.
- AISECT the Sponsoring Body- RNTU has been established by AISECT, a 30-year-old leading Education Network of India providing various educational services to lakhs of students through over twenty thousand centers in all the states of India. This provides rock footing for RNTU.
- Student Activity Council (SAC)- Most of the events, guest lecturers etc are organized by students. They are a member of all management committee. They publish research periodical Horizon and literary magazine Lekhni. SAC is the most vibrant body and the nodal point of activities.
Rabindranath Tagore University Bhopal Hostel
There are four hostel blocks with a capacity of 85 individuals each, available within the campus and one block with a capacity of 150 students, is located in the town about 10 km from the university. A separate girls hostel is available in the town with all the modern facilities. Campus hostel blocks are in close proximity to the departments, library, and classrooms to facilitate easy access. All rooms in the hostels are well-furnished and built with an attached bathroom. An ultra-modern dining hall is also available in the mess consisting of a mechanized kitchen ensures a high level of hygiene. Hostel accommodation is provided to the student as per his/her preferences at the time of admission. The new hostel blocks with accommodation for 225 students also comprise main office, security room, modern gym and a separate guest house. All the hostels of Rabindranath Tagore University provide well designed basic amenities. The rooms are spacious and airy with a full view of the lush greenery landscape outside the block perimeters. All Common Rooms are provided with TV sets, carom-boards and other recreational and amusement facilities. The hostels have 24 hr. water supply and a generator to ensure constant power supply to Messes and Common Rooms. The sports grounds are situated at a close distance. The basketball and tennis courts are provided with floodlights to enable students to play till late in the evenings. A gym available in the hostel has all the latest machines.