Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism is a public university. The University is also known as Makhanlal University. Named after Makhan Lal Chaturvedi, freedom fighter, poet and journalist, it was inaugurated on 16 January 1991. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in management, science, art and mass communication. The University is a member of both Association of commonwealth Universities and he Association of Indian Universities.
About Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism:
Government of Madhya Pradesh
AICTE, New Delhi
Located at Bhopal and other campuses in Noida, Meerut, Uttar Pradesh and Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh.
Nearest Metropolitan City
- Department of Electronic Media
- Department of Computer Science and Applications
- Department of Journalism
- Department of Management
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of New Media Technology
- Department of Public Relations and Advertising
- Department of Publications
- Department of Research
- Department of Short Term Training Programs
- Text Book Writing
MCU offers full time degree and diploma programs in Journalism and Mass Communication, Management, Computer Science, and Advertising. The university offers a total of 11 undergraduate, 14 postgraduate, 7 PG Diploma and a diploma, and various Ph.D programs.
The University has a well- organized Library and Documentation Unit with a collection of thousand books on different subjects. The library is subscribed to national / international newspapers in addition to international libraries like British newspaper clippings on diverse disciplines.
The University understands that today the world is advancing in Technology and therefore it is of prime importance to train students in Computers. Makhanlal University maintains computer labs in each campus of University.
- The curriculum of each programme has been developed in a manner that makes mandatory learning of computer applications.
- The students are given practical experience under trained the faculty.
The University has a printing lab. It is equipped with latest DTP system and latest computer software with wireless services of PTI and UNI for various courses enabling them to bring out lab journals.
Audio and Video Lab
For the purpose of television and radio program, the University owns a studio with digital post production facilities. It is of great benefit for the students and given hem hands-on experience of working in a professional set-up.
- Makhanlal University organizes cultural and library activities for student’s cultural developments.
- Inter- University competitions organized by various bodies garner lot of student participation