The Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya (RVSKVV), Gwalior was established by Government of Madhya Pradesh in 2008 by dividing Jawaharlal Nehru Krishi Vishwavidyalaya. It is involved in extensive research work to enhance the productivity & profitability of the agricultural system.
- The territorial jurisdiction of the Vishwa Vidyalaya is spread over 25 districts of Madhya Pradesh.
- The combined research activities are operated through 5 Zonal, 4 Regional & 4 Special Agricultural Research stations.
- It is recognized under University Grants Commission (UGC)
- Strengthening of infrastructure facilities for enhancing seed production program of 2008-09
- Management of soil health and fertility
- Organic farming
- Modernization of agriculture university farms
- National information system for pest management
- National Service Scheme (NSS) – A part of this organization is active inside the institute. There are two types of activities; Regular activities during the semester & Special Camping activities of 07 days to be held in village/urban slum area during vacation.
- National Cadet Corps (NCC) – The students of the institution are working under the supervision of NCC to develop discipline, leadership, secular outlook Ideals of selfless service amongst the students.
- 9 hostel for boys
- 7 hostel for girls
- Common Room for reading purpose
- Every hostel has one P&T telephone facility for students to be in proper kit during competitions.
AGRIUNISPORTS – It is an Inter collegiate sports meet being held every year at the institution.
- 22 students from the university received GOLD Medals in Dance & Debate at the 11th All India Inter Agricultural University Youth Festival and organized by SAM HIGGINBOTTOM Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Sciences Allahabad (U.P.) from 8-12 February, 2010
- 23 students from the university won Silver Medal in Rangoli & secured 4th position in light vocals competition at the 12th All India Inter Agricultural University Youth Festival and organized by Anand Agricultural University, Anand (Gujrat) from 8-12 February, 2010
- National Talent Scholarship
- Junior Research Fellowship
- Vikramaditya Yojna