Rajmata Vijaya Raje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya has been ranked 7th in ICAR ranking and 26th in India Today among Indian Universities. The college brings in an advanced approach in Agricultural Economics, Engineering, Agronomy, Plant genetics, and Biotechnology. The institution offers courses at Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral research levels. Admission is provided through the VYAPAM and ICAR entrance examinations. Regular placements take place in various seed research companies and financial institutions
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||2008 | Public|
|Courses Offered||4 UG Courses and 2 PG Courses|
|Popular Courses||B.Sc, M.Sc, Ph.D.|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance Test|
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Courses
The institute offers a variety of courses in B.Sc, M.Sc, and Ph.D. programs. Below is the table of the courses offered in the different disciplines.
|Course||Specialization||Eligibility & Duration|
|B.Sc.||Environmental Science||Eligibility: Intermediate graduate with Maths/Biology/forestry as one subject with 45% aggregate
Duration: 3 Years.
|M.Sc.||Environmental Science||Eligibility: Graduate in B.Sc. in relevant discipline with minimum 45% marks from any recognized board or equivalent
Duration: 2 Years.
|Genetics & Plant Breeding|
|Ph.D.||Genetics & Plant Breeding||Master’s degree in relevant discipline from a recognized University with minimum 45% marks in aggregate
The duration of the course is 5 Years.
|Soil science & agriculture|
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Admission
Admission in Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya is done on the basis of merit and admission in different courses is done separately through entrance tests. The admissions for UG courses are conducted through VYAPAM or ICAR. The admissions are done on the basis of the merit rank gained in the exam and clearance of the medical tests. Admissions for Postgraduate programs will be based on GPA scores. MP-PAT entrance tests are also considered valid for the admissions.
Know more RVSKVV Gwalior Admission
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Placements
The placement cell assists the students in getting job opportunities and also helps them during placements. Also, the cell counsels students and helps them in seeking scholarships and guidance related to a career at regular intervals.
The students are placed in companies and organization such as HDFC, Bank of India, Shriram Bio seed, Genetics India Limited, Dhanuka Agritech Limited, Rajiv Gandhi Mission for Watershed Management, Pioneer Seeds Pvt. Ltd., Dhan Foundation, Pradan, Bayer Crop Science Ltd., Hariyali Kisaan Bazaar, MonsantoVardaan Biotech Pvt. Ltd, Nagarjuna Fertilizers and Chemicals.
Read more RVSKVV Gwalior Placement
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Scholarship
The college facilitates students in gaining scholarships. The administrative office has dedicated staff to guide students through the process from start to end. Following are some of the scholarships available for the students:
- National Talent Scholarship: There is a National Talent Scholarship for the students of Rajmata Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya.
- Junior Research Fellowship: This is provided to Ph.D. scholars enrolled in the institute.
- Vikramaditya Yojna: This scholarship is also there for the students of V.V. Candidates need to apply to the university to seek this scholarship.
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Facilities
The Rajmata college presents a robust set of facilities for the students to excel in their careers. Along with their curriculums, the students are given various facilities for studies and research. Below are listed some of the facilities at the college:
- E-library: Around 712 Printed books, 1298 Gifted books comprise of the collection includes textbook, Reference books, 139 e-books, 52 e-journals & 07 Printed journals and 1538 thesis for the UG, PG and Ph.D. Curriculum in Agriculture, Horticulture, Animal Husbandry, and other disciplines is there in the e-library.
- Hostel: Hostel facilities are there for both boys and girls separately and all modern amenities are available in the hostel. Common rooms, dining rooms, and recreational rooms along with the facility of the refrigerator are available in the institute. Newspapers and magazines are also provided to the students.
- Research: There is an organizational set up for research in the institute and the candidates can be benefited from it.
Check RVSKVV Gwalior Hostel
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya Faculty
Rajmata Krishi college is led by Prof.(Dr.) Surapaneni Koteshwara Rao as the vice-chancellor of the college. Along with the Vice-Chancellor, there are 14 scientists who lead the departments of the college. To name a few, Dr. J.S. Raghuwanshi is the HOD of Agricultural Economics, while Dr. VK Shrivastava is the HOD of the Entomology Department. Dr. Shailendra Singh Kushwah and Dr. B.S. Kansana are scientists in Agronomy.
Know more RVSKVV Gwalior Faculty
Rajmata Vijayaraje Scindia Krishi Vishwavidyalaya FAQs
Ques. Is there a facility for sports at the university?
Ques. How is the research facility at the institute?
Ques. How are extracurricular activities at the institute?
Ques. How is the hostel cafeteria in the institute?
Ques. How is the weather climate of the place?