National Law Institute University, Bhopal was established in 1997 by the Madhya Pradesh Government. The university has been recognised by UGC and BCI. With the help of well trained mentors and teachers, the university has thrived to excellence. The eco friendly 40 acres campus is a soothing place for the students. NLIU stands 17th in the ranking listed by the NIRF.
The University offers UG, PG and Doctoral courses in law stream. Admissions to all courses is based on the CLAT entrance scores.
NLIU, Bhopal Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1997 | Public|
|Affiliated to||UGC, BCI|
|Set by||Rashtriya Vidhi Sansthan Vishwavidyalaya Adhiniyam|
|Courses offered||4 courses across 1 stream|
|Admission Criteria||Entrance based|
|Campus Area||40 Acres|
|Facilities Available||Hostel, Library etc|
NLIU, Bhopal Courses
National Law of Institute University, Bhopal offers courses in Law. Below mentioned are the detail:
|M.Sc in Cyber law and information technology||
The institute also provides s diploma course in law at PG level.
Read More: NLIU Courses & Fees
NLIU, Bhopal Admissions
Admissions to the NLIU is through either CLAT scores or written tests conducted by the university itself. CLAT scores are needed for admissions in bachelor's and master's in Law. Students need to fulfill the respective eligibility criteria to take admission in the university. Students get admission on the basis of the final merit list released by the university. Admissions are online.
- Students who apply for the admissions through an online portal must submit their respective Clat score for admissions in LLB and LLM.
- For admissions to M.Sc and Ph.D, students should appear for an entrance test which is held by the university itself. After the merit list is announced, the students should submit their essential documents.
How to apply?
- Students must visit the official website of the university for all the latest information about admission. Although due to Covid-19 the application forms are extended, the admission will start soon.
- First apply for the course online and select the desired course and pay the respective application fee.
- After that for admission in LLB and LLM, the student must submit their CLAT scores.
- A merit list will be prepared for them and students will be required to take admission as directed.
- For admissions to M.Sc and Ph.D, students need to appear for the entrance test conducted by the university and then a merit list is prepared.
- After getting shortlisted, students will be expected to submit their relevant documents and pay the tuition fees.
Read More: NLIU Admission
NLIU, Bhopal Placements
NLIU provides assistance in good placements of the students. The placement cell at the University is enriched with every resource which the students need. The officers at the cell provide help to students in order to get internships and jobs. The placement was recorded good in the previous year with a max salary of 15 LPA. The median salary was recorded to be 9 LPA. As it is a premier institute in Law so the placements are in mostly law agencies.
Read More: NLIU Placement
NLIU, Bhopal Scholarships
There are various Government scholarship schemes available for the students. Students from different backward classes can get reservations also with scholarships so they can continue their education without any problem. The government scholarships mainly cover tuition fees and provide a major relief to its students. Every year the Government of Madhya Pradesh releases the notification for the students to get the scholarship through an online process.
Read More: NLIU Scholarships
NLIU, Bhopal Facilities
There are lots of facilities available for the students to make their life on campus exciting and memorable. The University has various societies and clubs which help the students to interact with each other and grow their personality.
- With a sprawling area of 40 acres which is also eco-friendly. The environment around the campus is very quiet and soothing.
- Hostel facilities are available for both girls and boys at low cost. These hostels are equipped with mess facilities and Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Rajiv Gandhi Cyber centre is one of the most famous sites at the campus. This centre is a hub for research and education. Lots of students gather here for brainstorming and exchanging ideas.
- The library which is also known as a Gyan Mandir contains thousands of books which the students can enjoy reading. It contains many journals, academic books, magazines, etc.
Read More: NLIU Facilities
NLIU, Bhopal Faculty
As the institute is a hub for research, the faculties here are also equipped with Ph.D degrees. With more than 18 Ph.D degree holders teach there with full dedication. The faculty here are well trained in law and also have some past experiences in the judicial area. The institute provides right guidance to its faculties to improve them continuously. The faculties also organise many events and projects which keep the students connected with their academic training.
Read More: NLIU Faculty
NLIU, Bhopal FAQs
Ques. What are the rankings of NLIU Bhopal?
Ques. What is the CLAT cutoff for admission to LLB at NLIU Bhopal?
- Previous year in 2019, the opening rank for the general category was 147 in round 1 and the closing rank in round 3 was about 300.
- For the OBC category it was around the range 248 - 776.
- There are almost three to four rounds of counselling, so students can get admission if they have good scores.
Ques. Does NLIU Bhopal provide any distance education program?
Ques. What is the scope after a PhD degree from NLIU Bhopal?
Ques. What are the fees for LLB, and Msc in Cyber law at NLIU Bhopal?
- LLB - 11.41 lakh (Total fees)
- LLM - 1.96 lakh (Total fees)
- MSC - 2.81 lakh (Total fees)
- PHD - 1.46 lakh (Total fees)