Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) was established in 1961 under the Ministry of Agriculture, Government of India. The institute is affiliated to the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and University Grants Commission (UGC). CIFE offers postgraduate and research courses in the discipline of Fisheries Resource Management, Aquaculture, Post-Harvest Technology, Fish Genetics and Breeding.
Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) Highlights
Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) Courses
CIFE offers PG and Ph.D. courses in various disciplines. Tabulated below are the details for same:
|Course | Duration||Discipline||Eligibility||Fees (INR)|
|M.F.Sc. | 2 yrs.||Fisheries Resource Management||B.F.Sc. with a minimum of 60% aggregate marks||16,700|
|Fish Genetics and Breeding|
|Aquatic Animal Health Management|
|Ph.D. | 3 yrs.||Fisheries Resource Management|
- M.F.Sc. or D.F.Sc., provided the candidate holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science and has 2 years of experience in Fisheries Development work after obtaining D.F.Sc
- Sponsored Candidates holding M.Sc. in Fish and Fisheries or its equivalent with at least two years of experience in fisheries development work are eligible to apply.
- Minimum age limit is 22 years.
|Fish and Breeding (many more)|
Note: Candidates not possessing B.F.Sc. Degree but having experience of more than five years in the department may have to undergo deficiency course for one year in the relevant field before joining the regular M.F.Sc. program.
Check CIFE Courses and Fees
Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) Admission
- Visit the official website of the college and download the application form.
- An applicant can submit only one application.
- Candidates are required to pay the admission fee of INR 1000 (for General/OBC) INR 500 (for SC/ST/Disabled Person) via online mode before filling the form.
- Take a printout of the application form and fee receipt to provide it at the time of admission.
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit and entrance test held by the institute. The reservation weightage criteria is as follows:
Selection Criteria for Ph.D. Program
- Proof of date of birth
- 10th and 12th Mark sheet
- Passing Certificate
- Graduation Certificate and Mark sheet
- Caste Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate (for in-service candidates)
Check CIFE Admission
Central Institute of Fisheries Education (CIFE) Placement
The college has a well equipped and advanced facilities available for both students and teachers. Mentioned below are the details for the same:
- Classroom Facilities: All classrooms are equipped with modern audio-visual aids. Laboratories are full of advanced technologies for providing an effective learning environment. The campus has 24/7 Internet service with high-speed brand connectivity. It has a modern auditorium, conference hall, committee room equipped with the latest audiovisual equipment for hosting seminars, conferences, and cultural functions.
- Vessels: CIFE has fishing vessels namely, MFV Saraswati and MFV Narmada to support its onboard research and training programs on fishing, navigation, and other studies. The vessel Saraswati is well equipped with GPS, VHFR, RP, Echo Sounder, Sonar and Trawl eye.
- Sports: The college organizes various sports facilities for its students. Both students and staff members participate in ICAR level sports meet with enthusiasm and won various medals and laurels. Some of the sports organized by CIFE are Badminton, Table Tennis, Carrom, Chess, Volleyball.
- Hostel: CIFE has a facility of Hostels, Residency and Guest House for students and its faculty members. Girls Hostel, Boys Hostels, Staff Residencies, and Guest House are provided with the internet facility.